SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn to Accept GM Card Points

A new story entry has been added:

Saturn to Accept GM Card Points

Quote:
Over the years, enthusiasts and potential customers alike have often asked why Saturn retailers would not accept standard GM Card points towards the purchase of a new vehicle. That's all about to change. Recent reports indicate that the brand is about to give customers the ability to cash in.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
KennedySaturn
KennedySaturn is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Saturn to Accept GM Card Points

Yea it's about time i hope it's here to stay.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KennedySaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KennedySaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KennedySaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

its about time. it starts 4/15. it always seemed so stupid that only gm employees could use there gm card

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
dave.sl
Advanced Member
dave.sl has a spectacular aura aboutdave.sl has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the information Charlie. That just might make the difference in my next purchase. And in GM's current situation, I'm glad they finally are beginning to see the light.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dave.sl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dave.sl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dave.sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
CarNut
Advanced Member
CarNut is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Wooo Hooo! Now it they only had something I wanted to buy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CarNut's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CarNut reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
kds11983
kds11983 is on a distinguished road

Also if you already have one of the non-Saturn cards you can call HSBC and request an Extended Family Card and to have your points transfered. They will transfer all qualifying points.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kds11983's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kds11983 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kds11983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #7
Pete93SL1M
Pete93SL1M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
its about time. it starts 4/15. it always seemed so stupid that only gm employees could use there gm card
GM Business card points have been available for a while (also at the 1% accumulation rate). I can't even begin to count the amount of deals I have lost because of card points not being useable on Saturns.

..aka GMinTheDriveway
Former Saturn Sales Consultant
Give me choices in powertrain, great handling and decent MPG and I will buy a Saturn again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pete93SL1M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pete93SL1M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pete93SL1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Been that way here for a long time. Maybe all laong, I don't know. My mom bought her 2005 VUE and used my dad's GM Card points.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #9
CarNut
Advanced Member
CarNut is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by kds11983 View Post
Also if you already have one of the non-Saturn cards you can call HSBC and request an Extended Family Card and to have your points transfered. They will transfer all qualifying points.
What does that mean? Are they saying the original blue card with 5% earnings, $500/yr max earnings, and no vehicle specific points caps won't qualify?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CarNut's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CarNut reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42 PM   #10
slv01sc2
slv01sc2 is on a distinguished road

I have 3,000 on the original blue card, can I use that? I hope my current card will work and that I don't have to get a new card and transfer my money.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slv01sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slv01sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
slv01sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:21 AM   #11
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Dizzy Re: Saturn to Accept GM Card Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete93SL1M View Post
....I can't even begin to count the amount of deals I have lost because of card points not being useable on Saturns.
When Saturns were a completely different product, the GM points didn't make a difference. But these days, unlike the 90's, we have to compete with Chevy dealers, who will sell everything at a loss just to move units. Chevy is not about happy customers, they are about pushing cars out the door. They make money servicing them.

This is another step towards being just another GM brand. The assimilation continues.

How much can of a deal can you really get? $500? or $1000. That is useless to me. I would rather have a saturn car the cost less than $16K. But it feels like there is nothing on the lot I can afford. What happens to me, when everythig costs much, much more.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rossao1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #12
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Why don't people just get a cash rebate card so they don't have to worry about being locked into buying specific makes of car to get their rewards?

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
white-sl2
white-sl2 is on a distinguished road

I guess its a good thing, but i wouldnt mind if saturn broke off from gm. The only gm I'm going to buy is a saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to white-sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help white-sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
white-sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #14
Catbert
Catbert is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

welcome to GM, Saturn.

Don't think Meat, throw the ball. Crash Davis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Catbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Catbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Catbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #15
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerb View Post
Why don't people just get a cash rebate card so they don't have to worry about being locked into buying specific makes of car to get their rewards?
We once tried to buy a Saturn S-series with our cash-back Discover card and the dealer capped the allowable usage at $2500. Basically they would only take the card for the down payment even though we had a credit line on the card nearly enough to pay the whole bill.

As for Saturn accepting the GM card points, add me to those saying it's about time. My wife has been running up points on that thing for several years.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #16
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

it's about damn time.

now they just need to accept Saturn service and warranty service into the GM Goodwrench (anywhere, any GM dealership) plan.

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fotovue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #17
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10 View Post
We once tried to buy a Saturn S-series with our cash-back Discover card and the dealer capped the allowable usage at $2500. Basically they would only take the card for the down payment even though we had a credit line on the card nearly enough to pay the whole bill.

As for Saturn accepting the GM card points, add me to those saying it's about time. My wife has been running up points on that thing for several years.
They all do that. They don't let you buy a car with a credit card, you can only put so much on the card, I think it's $2500 here too.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #18
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by John10 View Post
We once tried to buy a Saturn S-series with our cash-back Discover card and the dealer capped the allowable usage at $2500.
Merchants have to pay hefty fees on credit card transactions. Buying a $20,000 car on a card would give them hundreds of dollars of fees. They don't want that.

As for cash rebate cards, I get 3% cash back on gas, groceries, and the like and 1% on everything else with my Chase card. I get a check every couple of months and spend the money as I wish. I think it's a much better deal than the GM card.

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 AM   #19
white-sl2
white-sl2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotovue View Post
now they just need to accept Saturn service and warranty service into the GM Goodwrench (anywhere, any GM dealership) plan.
I'd like to see that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to white-sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help white-sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
white-sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #20
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

and that also will happen soon just as the gm card did. id say a year. gm ok with it.... saturn isnt at this point

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote