SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
vip3r87
vip3r87 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2
Default How to replace Sway-bar Bushings?

Simple question, as title states, how would one go about doing this?

I want to eliminate as much noise issues as possible, and from what I have researched, may very well be the cause of my clunking while going over bumps.

A tutorial would be great!

Thanks in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vip3r87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vip3r87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vip3r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
junker
junker has a spectacular aura aboutjunker has a spectacular aura aboutjunker has a spectacular aura about

1995 SW2
Default Re: How to replace Sway-bar Bushings?

I just replaced my swaybar bushings where it brackets to the subrame (engine cradle). I got the polyurethane ones from Autozone for $15-$20/pair. They had to order them, took 1 day, no shipping charges.

I put the car on ramps. I removed the two brackets, removed the old rubber bushings. I Applied the lube provided with the new ones, put the new ones on, then re-bracketed it.

Very simple task. I was afraid the swaybar wouldn't want to go back into place but when I removed the brackets it stayed put.

I replaced my engine cradle less than a year ago so the bracket bolts came off easily. If yours have never been off then they might be a bit more difficult.

My Saturn Videos: http://www.youtube.com/dosumpthin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to junker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help junker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
junker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
vip3r87
vip3r87 is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

okay cool! While im at it I want to replace my lower transmission mount. i have read the how-to, but any tips will be appreciated! What type of mount should I get? Anchor from rockauto?? I am in canada, so I got access to NAPA and Part Source....let me know?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vip3r87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vip3r87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vip3r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
junker
junker has a spectacular aura aboutjunker has a spectacular aura aboutjunker has a spectacular aura about

1995 SW2

Rumor has it that Anchor = Crap. No first hand experience with this though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help junker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #5
nivlem7
Advanced Member
nivlem7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by junker View Post
I just replaced my swaybar bushings where it brackets to the subrame (engine cradle). I got the polyurethane ones from Autozone for $15-$20/pair. They had to order them, took 1 day, no shipping charges.
Do you have the part no. for those? Did you do it to fix a clunking noise? How long did it take?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nivlem7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nivlem7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nivlem7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
junker

1995 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivlem7 View Post
Do you have the part no. for those? Did you do it to fix a clunking noise? How long did it take?
Thanks
No, Yes, 20min.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
MikeNW
Master Member
MikeNW has a spectacular aura aboutMikeNW has a spectacular aura aboutMikeNW has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL

I was at Autozone a few hrs. ago, they have a bushing kit, reasonable, they have to order it. The pieces are red polymer of some type. Cheaper to order the whole kit than get the 2 sway bar bushings. Also they want to know the diameter of the sway bar (I measured 1-1/16 inches for my 97).

Peace out

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeNW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeNW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #8
junker

1995 SW2

Yeah, those are the same ones I got except they didn't ask me the size and I opted for the black ones vs. red.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!