SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 04:43 AM   #1
Heartbeat - '95 SL2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
Default 2nd Annual 6th Planet/SPOC Car Show, READ

Hey there! How're all my friends and customers at Saturnfans doing? We'd like to announce the date has been set for the 2nd Annual 6th Planet Car Show. It is Oct. 5th 2002 and it is being held at Lovers Key State Park on Ft. Myers Beach Florida. The park gave us permission and it is right on the beach, one of the nicest beach's in Florida! The show is entirely free to all participants and onlookers.

Right now we are under contract to build two of the FASTEST, BADDEST saturns in the country, both are getting fully built internally custom engines with CCA custom turbo kits. As many of you know certain custom cars and engines get designated as "TKT" cars, that is our nickname for Turn Key Terrors that we produce. TKT 0015 will be getting its TURBO INSTALLED RIGHT AT THE SHOW! How so? We are setting up a 10x20 portable garage and flying in Anthony from customcoachofamerica.com to participate with the install, we are bringing a full array of tools, generators, compressors etc. There are also pavilions to get out of the heat and we are literally going to be on one of the finest beaches southwest Florida has to offer.

North end of the island? Total party town, spring breakers know it as a favorite hotspot. South end of the island? Lovers Key State Park, 12 miles long and incredibly beautiful and undeveloped. The show is being catered, again, at no charge. There are also a few select free hotel rooms left for those coming from out of state, paid for by 6th Planet. The show, the trophies, the hotels, and caterers are our way of saying THANKS to the many many Saturnfans that have made our company number ONE and we continue to enjoy working with the Saturn community, we are trying to keep the tradition of the original Saturn Homecomings alive!

More info can be found at my newsgroup, www.saturnspot.com. Anyone's welcome to join the group and follow the progress of these two engines being built and, of course, be totally updated on all stages of the show. Also, anyone can feel free to write me at www.6thplanetusedparts.com for any further info. Itís been a good year here at 6th planet. We have mended relationships with Saturn Corp. and look forward to moving FORWARD, not backwards, our input is followed closely by corp. and hopefully some of it will trickle down into the research and development of future Saturns.

We have had a banner year of custom engines being sent out and are well-established as THE place to go to for custom built saturn engines. Thereís only a handful of Saturn turbos in the world and maybe, just maybe, out of say 10 out there, 3 have properly built engines to endure the extra stress a turbo unit puts on them. We here at 6th Planet donít believe in just slapping a turbo kit on a stock engine. I have an extensive background with turbo cars and, just like car makers, we build the engines internally to handle the boost. Factory engines that are turbo are far different than non-turbo ones. You just donít bolt a turbo on a stock engine and expect it to last 100k miles as a factory set up should.

We look forward to Oct 5th and, again, the categories for the show, the hotel info, and dates can all be kept up with at saturnspot.com. We applaud Charlie and Saturnfans. I remeber when it didnt even have its own URL! My how far we've come! I have always respected Saturnfans and refer to it quite a bit myself, as Saturfans has always led the way in up to date ACCURATE info about Saturns. We hope many of you make the journey to southwest Florida in Oct and we'd really like to meet as many of the people that have supported us and brought us to where we are today.

Sincerely,

Joey Cutrone (or as remembered here, joeybagodonuts!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Heartbeat - '95 SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Heartbeat - '95 SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2002, 11:57 AM   #2
manualman
manualman is on a distinguished road

1995 SL

Great to hear that Joey has patched things up with GM and that business is good!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to manualman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help manualman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread