SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
dishdude
dishdude is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Audio systems and the advanced audio package

How does the standard stereo sound? I would love to go for the advanced package to get the 240watt amp, but I have no need for the 6 cd changer or rear seat audio. Is the standard one sufficent? Anyone have any input into how much better the advanced sounds?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dishdude's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dishdude reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dishdude is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #2
buffmaloney
buffmaloney is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: Audio systems and the advanced audio package

You could get the regular one and then change it at your local audio shop. If I had the plain system instead of the advanced audio system I would have already changed it. I still have plans to change the speakers and amp. and add a sub. I already have most of the stuff, so why not change it out?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to buffmaloney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help buffmaloney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
buffmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
zallen777
Advanced Member
zallen777 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
How does the standard stereo sound? I would love to go for the advanced package to get the 240watt amp, but I have no need for the 6 cd changer or rear seat audio. Is the standard one sufficent? Anyone have any input into how much better the advanced sounds?
I have the stock system, we also own an XR with the advanced system.
For a stock system its pretty damn good! The advanced of course has better bass response but its not a night and day difference.

As a profession I'm a composer/producer/musician for TV and Movies and I listen to my demo trax all the time on the stock stereo and although an upgrade would be cool the stock system is quite adequate and better than any previous stock stereo I have owned.

[url]http://www.zallenmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://zallenart.googlepages.com[/url]

2007 Aura XE
2007 AuraXR
05 Vue 5 spd manual
03 ION 3 Sedan Cranberry
03 ION 2 Sedan Black
99 SC2 Blkberry
95 SC2 Red

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zallen777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zallen777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zallen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
metgol
metgol is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1998 SW2

lacks suffiient bass. But I think thats genetic for ACdelco and GM. Chrysler has decent bass in their basic setup.

I like the standard enough that I'm not going to painstake myself to change it all out. For the most part the adapter to retain all functions that run through the stock stereo headunit is $130. So I'll add the subs from my other car, and possibly the rest with a line-level converter.

98 SW2 214000miles
07 Aura 19500miles
/////Alpine inside!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to metgol's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help metgol reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
metgol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
cfisher2
cfisher2 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I have an XR and I like the stock system, but i'm looking for a little bit more than what the stock can offer. By next weekend I should hopefully have a JL Audio 12" 12W3 sub in a sealed box with a JL Audio A1400 Class-D amp, installed. I'm going to try a sealed and ported box to see what i like better. also prolly gonna have to dynamat it all.. but not sure... It's not too much bass, but enough i hope, and hopefully it wont take up much space either.. Im not changing out the dash either, im just using a line-level converter and a passive crossover all in the trunk. I'll run a remote knob for the amp up somewhere around the drivers seat for manual bass control.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfisher2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfisher2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfisher2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
metgol
metgol is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1998 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfisher2 View Post
I have an XR and I like the stock system, but i'm looking for a little bit more than what the stock can offer. By next weekend I should hopefully have a JL Audio 12" 12W3 sub in a sealed box with a JL Audio A1400 Class-D amp, installed. I'm going to try a sealed and ported box to see what i like better. also prolly gonna have to dynamat it all.. but not sure... It's not too much bass, but enough i hope, and hopefully it wont take up much space either.. Im not changing out the dash either, im just using a line-level converter and a passive crossover all in the trunk. I'll run a remote knob for the amp up somewhere around the drivers seat for manual bass control.
Why would you need a crossover for the subs? Shouldn't the amp be filtering the frequencies already.

I may put in my entire stereo into the Aura. But the stock unit cuts bass the higher the volume, and my speakers need a good bit of power. Don't know I may be satisfied with just adding my subs in.

98 SW2 214000miles
07 Aura 19500miles
/////Alpine inside!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to metgol's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help metgol reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
metgol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #7
cfisher2
cfisher2 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

it should... but i want it to cut out all the lows to my rear speakers, which aren't connected to the new amp, just the stock amp.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfisher2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfisher2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfisher2 is offline   Reply With Quote