SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Lemon42
Lemon42 is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 Sky Redline Issue

I bought my Sky back in December. Why? To have a sports car in the middle of winter of course.

Anyway, I've got about 1800 miles on it and the front struts/shocks sound like a cheap hookers bed squeeking with just about every tiny bump in the road.

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe too much winter driving with salt and potholes? Come on, the thing is brand new!

I still love it though!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lemon42's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lemon42 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lemon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
reedred
reedred is on a distinguished road

2009 SKY Red Line
Default Re: 2008 Sky Redline Issue

It's pretty common. Take it to the dealer and have them lubricate the swaybar bushings.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to reedred's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help reedred reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
reedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
02OrangeSC2
02OrangeSC2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2004 ION Red Line

My 07 has 4K on it and it didnt do it up to the time I put it away for the winter. Is this an 08 only issue, or should I be looking out for it?

The most Saturn's in Erie County Ohio
96 SL2 Gold
96 SC2 Red
02 SC2 Orange
04 ION RL GM Stage 2 Electric Blue
07 SKY RL GM Stage Kit Silver Graphite
10 SKY RL Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02OrangeSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02OrangeSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02OrangeSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
reedred
reedred is on a distinguished road

2009 SKY Red Line

The 08s allegedly have different bushings. You probably haven't ever had an issue because you garage the car for the winter- it only really seems to happen in cold weather.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to reedred's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help reedred reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
reedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
ToledoEngineer
ToledoEngineer is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
1992 SL1

I picked mine up on November 2 and I get a little squeaking every now and then from the shocks over the speed bumps and pot holes, but only when the car is really cold. Once it warms, any random noises go away. And it's been locked up from the seconds week of december till about two weeks ago so i really haven't driven it that much. Only 2100 miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ToledoEngineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ToledoEngineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ToledoEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

To continue Lemon42's analogy, mines tight as a virgin. No squeaks at all and I just turned 2800 miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky Pilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky Pilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #7
Lemon42

I haven't gotten around to taking it to the dealer as of yet, but since it's warmed up a bit it's not nearly as bad.

These cars seem to run hot. Does yours? It's still very cool out here and mine hit 210 yesterday. Usually it's around the low 200's.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Lemon42 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #8
ToledoEngineer
ToledoEngineer is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
1992 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon42 View Post
I haven't gotten around to taking it to the dealer as of yet, but since it's warmed up a bit it's not nearly as bad.

These cars seem to run hot. Does yours? It's still very cool out here and mine hit 210 yesterday. Usually it's around the low 200's.
Mine always runs at exactly 210 deg F. Even when I had it out in the winter (when we didnt have snow/sleet) it was up there. It might take longer to get there if I have the heat/defrost on 4, but it always hits that mark within a mile of my house. It'll be interesting to see how it fares in the heat this summer. Oh...and I'm at about 2700 miles right now. Need to call the dealership for my first oil change. Gonna let them handle the first year.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ToledoEngineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ToledoEngineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ToledoEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
Lemon42

We had some great weather over the weekend here and I was finally able to put the top down.

I drove down to visit my parents and when I pulled in the driveway a cop pulled in the Driveway and yelled at me for 20 minutes. Supposedly they received 5 calls for me driving recklessly since I got off the expressway. No ticket, but lessoned learned.

When people see a Yellow sports car convertable fly by them they either think, "Hey, thats cool!" or "I hate that guy!" and then call the police. Just Forwarning any new sports car owners out there!

Anyway, I wasn't driving recklessly, just agressively.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!