SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
tsbelle1
tsbelle1 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
1999 SL1
Default 08 turbo sky won't start

we have a 08 turbo sky that has ran fine until some friends came over and tried to open the hood. now the car won't start. there is a noise from the rear of the car, the lights work and everything else. could they have touched something under the dash?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tsbelle1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tsbelle1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tsbelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
ToledoEngineer
ToledoEngineer is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line
1992 SL1
Default Re: 08 turbo sky won't start

That's wierd...but definitely a possibility that something could have been accidentally bumped loose. My suggestion is that you call and have it towed to your Saturn dealership and have it looked at. Dont forget that you have that free towing (for five years) and 100,000 mile warranty. Not to mention On*Star. you could also just push the button and have them run a diagnostic on the car from your driveway. It's worth a shot. It could just be some connection that was knocked loose.

Btw, does the starter turn over when you turn the key? I couldn't tell from your post. You mentioned a noise from the rear, but wasn't sure if that was when you were turning the key or not. Or if it happens every time?

"Education is the progressive realization of our own ignorance"

1992 SL1: 149k miles
2008 Sky RL: 35k miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ToledoEngineer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ToledoEngineer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ToledoEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #3
Sky Pilot
Sky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the roughSky Pilot is a jewel in the rough

2008 SKY Red Line
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

So what was the verdict?

I noticed another weird thing this past weekend with starting. I started the Sky, then turned it off but didn't remove the key and then tried to restart it. It would not restart! Tried it again and again. Then I pulled the key out and put it back in and viola, it restarted. Is this some strange safety feature with the Sky?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sky Pilot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sky Pilot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #4
tsbelle1
tsbelle1 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
1999 SL1

it had to do with the clutch linkage. something got bumped and wouldn.t let the cluch be pushed all the way down. we'll have to check on the ignition, thanks for the post.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tsbelle1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tsbelle1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tsbelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
OnDaGround
Master Member
OnDaGround has a spectacular aura aboutOnDaGround has a spectacular aura about

1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbelle1 View Post
it had to do with the clutch linkage. something got bumped and wouldn.t let the cluch be pushed all the way down. we'll have to check on the ignition, thanks for the post.
thank god for warranty. A back yard mechanic (gas station mechanic) would have taken for ever to figure that out and would have cost you alot of diag time that would have been unnecessary to pay.

Saturnless...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OnDaGround's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OnDaGround reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OnDaGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
rv93
rv93 will become famous soon enoughrv93 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
So what was the verdict?

I noticed another weird thing this past weekend with starting. I started the Sky, then turned it off but didn't remove the key and then tried to restart it. It would not restart! Tried it again and again. Then I pulled the key out and put it back in and viola, it restarted. Is this some strange safety feature with the Sky?
i dont know about the sky specifically, but a lot of the newer cars wont start if they were running, stopped, and were left in run. to say it more clearly, if youre driving along, stall the car, and just try to turn the key back to start, it wont do it. you have to turn it back to off, then run and start. could be that the saturn requires you to take the key out all the way. the idea behind it is to stop you from trying to engage the starter when the engine is running already.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rv93's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rv93 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rv93 is offline   Reply With Quote