SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default New Outlook Leads Us to Saturn Number Three

A new story entry has been added:

New Outlook Leads Us to Saturn Number Three

Quote:
There's something new in the SaturnFans.com family garage: a brand-new 2008 Saturn Outlook XR. My wife and I picked up the crossover a week-and-a-half ago in Columbus, Ohio at Saturn/West. The Outlook is our third Saturn and it takes the place of our first: a 2002 L300 midsize sedan that we bought in the fall of '01 to replace my wife's Mazda 626 that she had been driving since college.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
HeatherA
HeatherA is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Outlook Leads Us to Saturn Number Three

Hey! I picked up my Outlook at Saturn West also! Of course I got mine back in October... but congrats on your new baby!

-HeatherA
2008 Outlook FWD XR
Silver Pearl
w/Convenience Package

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HeatherA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HeatherA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Spazie
Master Member
Spazie will become famous soon enough

1993 SC2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet View Post
CONGRATZ, BEST WISHES, GOOD LUCK AND MAY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY CONTINUE TO PROSPER SO YOU MAY CONTINUE TO FEED YOUR NEW, FAT LITTLE BABY TRUCKLET THE LARGE AMOUNT OF FEED IT REQUIRES.

Trust me, that German Shepherd puppy will go through more 'feed' than the Outlook will!

Congrats on the new truck AND the new puppy - Shepherds are great dogs!

Wish we'd known you'd been in town, would have liked a chance to see you and your wife again.

13 Chevy Equinox, 46k, built in Spring Hill!
04 VUE 3.5, 196k
99 SL2 Homecoming, 211k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spazie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spazie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Congrats on your new Outlook, Charlie, and I hope it serves you as well as the L-Series did. The future looks really bright for the General's Lambda trio (or should I say quartet, since the Traverse waits patiently in the wings) especially with direct injection on tap for the 3.6L V6 in the '09 model year.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
yogi
yogi is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

I also am trading in my 2003 L300 for the 2008 Outlook XR in Red Jewel, it arrived today(14th) and have arranged for pick up next Friday the 22nd .

hope you enjoy yours as much as Iam going to .
Congrats

2008 Outlook XR FWD Red Jewel
Ontario, Canada

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yogi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yogi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
Greenhornet
Greenhornet will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2
Devil Re: New Outlook Leads Us to Saturn Number Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherA View Post
Hey! I picked up my Outlook at Saturn West also! Of course I got mine back in October... but congrats on your new baby!
I do not share your excitement about the Outlook but when it comes to German Shepard puppies, Give your pup all the love it requires and you will be rewarded ten fold.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Greenhornet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Greenhornet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Greenhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line

Thanks for all the congratulations!

Heather,
Yes - Saturn/West is a great store! Congrats on your Outlook too!!

Spazie,
I wish we could've spent more time in Ohio, but our trip to Columbus was a very quick one. We had to get there and back in less than two days due to our work schedules. You are right about Shepherd puppies -- she loves to eat. When we rescued her she was very sick and small for her age. She's grown a lot since she's been getting better!! We hope we can help her live a long, healthy life.

She's such a very happy puppy (but spoiled!).

GR898SL2,
The 3.6L DI was something I thought about waiting for, but the incentives were too tempting and we really needed to replace our L300. The Lambdas are great vehicles! I'm very excited to see how the architecture evolves going forward. I like that GM seems to be making notable tweaks every model year.

Yogi,
Red Jewel was our second choice color had white diamond been pulled from the color pallet. Post pictures in the gallery once you take delivery!

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Sweet ride, congrats Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
sherwool
sherwool is on a distinguished road

Glad you are delighted with your new purchase, and hope you get many years of faithful service from it. However, I couldn't help but be a little uncomfortable with the reason you made the purchase, or at least the timing of it. There is no excuse for a modern automobile with barely 70,000 miles on to become a maintenance headache, assuming it received recommended servicing, as I should think Charlie's car would have. If that happened to me, I'd be rather skeptical of that manufacturer's products.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sherwool's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sherwool reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sherwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Happy Re: New Outlook Leads Us to Saturn Number Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
There's something new in the SaturnFans.com family garage: a brand-new 2008 Saturn Outlook XR. My wife and I picked up the crossover a week-and-a-half ago in Columbus, Ohio at Saturn/West.
Glad to hear you didn't go back to Saturn of Sterling. In the summer of 2007 I made the mistake of buying my 2004 VUE at the Saturn of Sterling used car area, a.k.a. Sterling Chevrolet. Instead of getting the treatment Saturn dealers are supposed to give their customers, I received an experience similar to the nightmares customers used to deal with before the 1990s. It is wonder places like these are still around decades later!

As of Oct 2017
∙ 2002 SL1 128K
∙ 2004 VUE 120K
∙ 2007 ION3 108K
Past
∙ 1993 SL2 212K
∙ 1993 SC2 140K
∙ 1996 SC2 157K
∙ 1996 SC2 126K
∙ 2001 SC2, 145K
∙ 2002 L200 20K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David 93 SL2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

I remember commenting on this post, but now can't find that comment. Not the first thread on the new addition?

Anyway, congrats again. Always good to see an admin so into the brand. And, based on the responses to TrueDelta's survey from members here, the 2008 is looking quite solid.

Owners of the 2008 can thank owners of the 2007 for helping GM get the bugs out

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote