SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One is on a distinguished road

Dizzy '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

First off, let me just say I know that these "Speed Chips" are resistors.

But there is an auction for an '02 SC2 I was viewing, and he claims a Speed Chip installed, "A Speed Boost on its 3rd Shift", and "Its computer programmed by group of 8 professionals who did this exclusively for my car"

I'm assuming this "Speed Chip" is just a resistor, but can the car really be reprogrammed for performance? and WTH is a speed boost?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXCLU...ayphotohosting

Link to the auction ^^
[Which I think is WAY overpriced, and if they guy really spent that much..well...I'll keep my mouth shut there...]

This is my favorite part of the auction
"The GPS has been programmed for optimized performance and faster path calculation. "

Heres how that is done...
SETTINGS > ROUTE OPTION > SHORTEST

Last edited by Disturbed_One; 02-10-2008 at 12:59 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Disturbed_One's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Disturbed_One reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Disturbed_One is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
deadmeat3344
deadmeat3344 is on a distinguished road

1991 SL2
Default Re: '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

no.......

Saturns are slow

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to deadmeat3344's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help deadmeat3344 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
deadmeat3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
WingsOfSaturn
WingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enoughWingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2
1995 SL2

HAHAHA. That was a amusing listing. I think seller added one to many zeros on the selling price.

Love those OEM hub caps.

"When you stop to fill up on oil, don't forget to check the gas"
98 SL2 MT 213K+ Daily Driver 38+ mpg
97 SL2 AT 150K Original Owner
95 SL2 MT 220K+
My Saturns have BRASS ones!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WingsOfSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WingsOfSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WingsOfSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #4
RobertJ
RobertJ will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

I want some of what he's on. ePay has the biggest collection of dreamers ever.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertJ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertJ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #5
WingsOfSaturn
WingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enoughWingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2
1995 SL2

What is even more amusing is that some teenager with a silver spoon will probably buy it. Gosh, a girls gone wild car with a custom speed chip! Where do I bid?

"When you stop to fill up on oil, don't forget to check the gas"
98 SL2 MT 213K+ Daily Driver 38+ mpg
97 SL2 AT 150K Original Owner
95 SL2 MT 220K+
My Saturns have BRASS ones!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WingsOfSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WingsOfSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WingsOfSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #6
Keeter
Keeter is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

Are u guys kidding?! There should be at least 1 more zero on the price of that bad ***** car!! I mean seriously. "Girls Gone Wild" used that car. That can only mean that that is the worlds most wicked SC2 with a front facia EVER!! I would totally pay twice... NO....3 times what he is asking for.

OK! backk to seriousness now. I believe it was correctly stated: "There are a lot of dreamers on Ebay." This guy so far has to be the biggestt of them all.

That's my opinion,
Keeter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Keeter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Keeter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Keeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

Here's one seller of real speed "chips" :
http://therob.com/turbokits.php

If he really spent so much money on it...where's the dyno slip?

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed_One View Post
First off, let me just say I know that these "Speed Chips" are resistors.

But there is an auction for an '02 SC2 I was viewing, and he claims a Speed Chip installed, "A Speed Boost on its 3rd Shift", and "Its computer programmed by group of 8 professionals who did this exclusively for my car"

I'm assuming this "Speed Chip" is just a resistor, but can the car really be reprogrammed for performance? and WTH is a speed boost?

Link to the auction ^^
[Which I think is WAY overpriced, and if they guy really spent that much..well...I'll keep my mouth shut there...]

This is my favorite part of the auction
"The GPS has been programmed for optimized performance and faster path calculation. "

Heres how that is done...
SETTINGS > ROUTE OPTION > SHORTEST

it's all BS. they just say whatever they want to say to get you to buy that crap. it's completely worthless. no "professionals" were involved with the development of this product (or any like it). the only professionals involved with that is in the marketing department. they're professional scam-artists...

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to S3aturnR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
Keeter
Keeter is on a distinguished road

1999 SL1

I made the seller an offer for $0.01. I figure the amount of bullcrap that went into his perfectly modded sc2 add on ebay that I might as well make him a bull crap offer.

That's my opinion,
Keeter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Keeter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Keeter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Keeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #10
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed_One View Post

Link to the auction ^^
It's got steel wheels with hubcaps?! c'mon... he supposed spent all that money and didn't get the $350 optional Saturn alloy wheels.

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eRic 02sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #11
hAnNibAl_H
Advanced Member
hAnNibAl_H is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

HAHAHA!! WOW.....thats RIDICULOUS!! I'll make a an offer of $5.00 then sell right back on ebay for a REAL price...like, $2k

99.5 SL2
Blackberry
135k clock
74k Motor

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hAnNibAl_H's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hAnNibAl_H reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hAnNibAl_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
1994Saturn
1994Saturn will become famous soon enough

1994 SL2
1994 SL1
Happy Re: '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

hum... no pictures of the engine... Not buying the 13K. I see no more then 1K in "customizing" (Sub, speakers, radio, some short of body kit) and im digging the wheels...

you know reading that whole action.. i dont think believe a typed word...

Well, I spent close to $4000 on its audio system. It has got:

* A pioneer deck with a sweet remote that can play CD's, MP3's, FM, Radio and much more...
* 4 type S Speakers
* A 4 channel AMP to amplify the speakers.
* A mono AMP for the sub-woofer.

* For the bass and the sound in the car, I ordered parts from Best Buy(with a 4 year warranty and insurance on each part and labor), and specially paid 2 professionals - one from Japan and another one from California to fly down here and work on the Audio system in my car for about 3 days. So, I got all the truck space I need as there are no 4 14" subs placed there. Instead, we boosted my audio system in a very special way and also, DYNAMATTED my entire trunk and the doors..
Sureeeeeeeeeeeee

Current:
1998 SL2 Auto issues 112K
1995 Eagle Vision 3.5L TSI 117K
Past:
98 SL1 254k miles Valves Burnt.
94 SL2 125K miles Diff Pin Blew!
94 SL1 Sold @134K.

Last edited by 1994Saturn; 02-10-2008 at 11:56 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1994Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1994Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1994Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #13
sweetwagon?
sweetwagon? is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2

Man, I got a freakin' sweet wagon with rims, yo, and get chicks aaaaall the time!! Why hasn't my car been sponsored by GGW!?!? I gotta start hangin' out with this guy. Hell, it's got a speed boost in 3rd!! At least he's not unloading in 3rd like Torreto's crew, that would be trouble. It's a good thing, too that he has that air dam on there to keep the nose planted while he's racing. This is unfreakinbelievable....

That's right, all the way down to the poopsack... What, you guys don't all have poopsacks?.... DAMMIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOPSACK!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sweetwagon?'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sweetwagon? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sweetwagon? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetwagon? View Post
At least he's not unloading in 3rd like Torreto's crew, that would be trouble.
i KNEW it was only a matter of time before the first f&f reference.

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to S3aturnR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
Disturbed_One

I just noticed it has "remote start"
and its a standard, so he has to have the saftey switch dissconnected...I sure to hope you don't leave it in gear and try to start the car...lol

Guess I'll sell my '95 for 10k now

I like how he was asked the question...

Q: So if 8 professionals came to tune your car, where is the dyno slip? Where are the pictures of the engine. What kind of performance exhaust does it have on it, or is it just a muffler? Do you have receipts for all this stuff?? thanks

A: Hi, Thanks for writing to me? If you would like me to... I can take some pictures of the engine and send that to you. Well, under my hood, all you can really see is the Cold Air Intake.. Rest everything has been programmed to my Car's computer. So, nothing is really visible. The performance exhaust on it is Magnaflow if I remember correctly. I didn't want them to cut through all the pipes and so, I just got the muffler and its connected to the factory pipe by a funnel pipe. Oh about the people who worked on my car.. No. I didn't have all 8 people fly here from Japan to work on my car.(That would have been really expensive). Well, I've been working in the IT Industry for a while. Currently I work with IBM. What we did was we setup an internal network so that my car's computer can be worked on over the network. As I told you, I've street raced quite a lot in my life and so, I did have contacts with some very talented people who did this for me. These professionals tuned the speed chip, the boost and programmed the computer of my car in a very exclusive manner. The car pulls around 180hp. Even after all the performance mods, the car gives as astonishing gas mileage of 24mpg in city... which is extremely RARE..!! Take care, Rajat

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Disturbed_One reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
sweetwagon?

1997 SW2

Wow, I'm sorry guys, but I just had to waste my time and ask about this thing...
I asked for more pictures, what brand the performance exhaust was, and a hopeful dyno sheet..here's the reply..

Hi,

Thanks for writing to me?
If you would like me to... I can take some pictures of the engine and send that to you. Well, under my hood, all you can really see is the Cold Air Intake.. Rest everything has been programmed to my Car's computer. So, nothing is really visible.

The performance exhaust on it is Magnaflow if I remember correctly. I didn't want them to cut through all the pipes and so, I just got the muffler and its connected to the factory pipe by a funnel pipe.

Oh about the people who worked on my car.. No. I didn't have all 8 people fly here from Japan to work on my car.(That would have been really expensive). Well, I've been working in the IT Industry for a while. Currently I work with IBM. What we did was we setup an internal network so that my car's computer can be worked on over the network.

As I told you, I've street raced quite a lot in my life and so, I did have contacts with some very talented people who did this for me.
These professionals tuned the speed chip, the boost and programmed the computer of my car in a very exclusive manner. The car pulls around 180hp.

Even after all the performance mods, the car gives as astonishing gas mileage of 24mpg in city... which is extremely RARE..!!

Take care,
Rajat

That's right, all the way down to the poopsack... What, you guys don't all have poopsacks?.... DAMMIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOPSACK!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help sweetwagon? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
sweetwagon?

1997 SW2

Dammit, well, someone beat me to the punch on my question...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #18
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

After reading everything on that auction and looking at the pictures, that has to be some sort of joke. He cant be serious. If anything that nasty front bumper would decrease the value of the car.

The exhaust system is a joke. Sounds like a hack job of an install and not a complete job.

The remote start is nothing special. I have two way auto starts in all my vehicles. These nothing spectacular or technologically advanced about it. You connect a few wires, push a button and the car starts. It can be done on any car.

The audio system cost maybe $1000 in equipment. If that. He shows that it has Dynomat. While that stuff isn't cheap, theres no way theres $3000 worth of it on that car.

The special "tuned" "speed chip" in the computer is another joke. Either this guy is B.S.ing out of his butt or someone found a sucker and ripped this guy off. If any of that were true, they'd be making tons of money off of people on this forum and every other Saturn enthusiast site. It would be an untapped gold mine.

And I agree with Eric on the wheel comment.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

Last edited by Low Saturn; 02-11-2008 at 05:05 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
rtandon87
rtandon87 is on a distinguished road

Attention From The Seller Of This Car...

Hi guys..

My name is Raj and I am the one who has this car posted on eBay.
Actually I just received a message and that guy pointed me to this link here and I found so many people discussing about my car...
WOW. That was really surprising to see that this many people are actually talking about it..

Well, to cut it short.. after reading to all your posts.. I really have started to believe as one of the members say..."I really got ripped" Maybe I shouldn't have put this much money into the car.
Well, I have always loved this car so much since I got it and always wanted to make it special.. So, I just kept on customizing it more and more.. to make it better. Personally, I do not have any knowledge about how to work on the cars myself and so, I paid all that money for these things.

Trust me... I'm being honest here. I have no reason to lie. I really spent that cash to make it what it is today and ya, I do realize that I maybe shouldn't have.. But, can't change it anymore..!!

Well, by driving the car myself, I can personally say.. it drives really really nice.. a lot better than so many cars I've driven.. I do my very best to maintain the car.. I get it washed 3 times a week and waxed every other week.. I really have maintained the car very well.. If you'll look at it, I am sure you can at least tell that.

I just want to sell this car as I have a very good offer for my next car and so, hoping to get some good money for it that I can invest towards my next car. I do realize that I would probably not get what I'm asking for... Hopefully, someone gets a chance to come look at my car and tell me what do they think that the car is really worth..

Thank you so much guys..

Rajat

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rtandon87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rtandon87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rtandon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM   #20
Disturbed_One

^^

So your saying with a Cold Air Intake, and Exhaust and this "computer modification" your getting 180hp?

I find that pretty hard to believe.
I've seen tons of Saturn's fully modified, shaved head, fully ported and polished, CAI and full exhaust with header and only put out slightly above 200hp!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!