SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
JHartleyCAE
JHartleyCAE is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2005 VUE 3.6L
Default What is included in the PDR Carbon Flash Limited Edition trim package

Has anyone seen what is included in the PDR Carbon Flash Limited Edition tirm for 2008 XR? I assume that a sun roof, leather seats and enhanced audio package are part of it, but am looking for specifics.

I have 2007 Aura XR, Techno Gray with Morocan interior, but am thinking of giving it to my wife and getting some new for myself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JHartleyCAE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JHartleyCAE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JHartleyCAE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR
Default Re: What is included in the PDR Carbon Flash Limited Edition trim package

Thank you for choosing Saturn. An online consultant will be with you shortly.
Hello, this is Sharon, your Saturn Online Consultant. How may I help you today?
Sharon: Good Afternoon!
Sharon: How can I help you today?
Guest: i have seen on some websites mention of a "PDR Carbon Fiber Flash Limited Edition" of the Aura
Guest: could you tell me what is included in this edition?
Sharon: Hi Brandon, I'm sorry but I can only advise of the information on the official Saturn web site, which is this site...
Guest: well it appears that dealers can submit a "trim level" or "package" request for line item 'PDR' which is this particular package.
Guest: you're saying that you know nothing about this package?
Sharon: I am suggesting that there is unfortunately no details regarding that online.... and the individual retailers are independently owned and operated...I'd recommend following up with your local retailer to be advised of more details...
Guest: ok thank you

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2008/.../2004/pricing/

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
WhenenRome
WhenenRome is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: What is included in the PDR Carbon Flash Limited Edition trim package

Maybe calling the ''Carbon Flash'' a limited edition is a fancy way of saying there won't be that many of them? Maybe they'll go back to the ''Black Onyx'' (gloss black) exterior that it replaced?

I just think the ''Carbon Flash'' paint color really translates to ''Sort of Black, but with metallic and not nearly as nice looking.''

Now: 07 Saturn Aura XR 3.6 Black / 04 Olds Bravada Final 500 Dark Cherry (both paid for!)
Then: 02 Olds Alero GLS / 01 Olds Aurora 3.5 / 95 Ford T-Bird LX-V8
In Fam: 05 Buick LaCrosse CXS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WhenenRome's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WhenenRome reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WhenenRome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenenRome View Post
Maybe calling the ''Carbon Flash'' a limited edition is a fancy way of saying there won't be that many of them? Maybe they'll go back to the ''Black Onyx'' (gloss black) exterior that it replaced?

I just think the ''Carbon Flash'' paint color really translates to ''Sort of Black, but with metallic and not nearly as nice looking.''
since they charge, what, $95 extra for CF paint, and this "package" is over $2000, i am guessing that's not the case and it's more that you get CF paint with every single option. and maybe a pretty "Limited Edition" badge on the rear end

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
SATURNSTPAUL
SATURNSTPAUL is on a distinguished road

2002 SL

Whats included in the Aura Carbon Flash Limited XE v6,

-carbon flash paint
-17" five spoke chrime-plated wheel trim
-sunroof
-premium trim whith gray leather interior
-limited to first quarter 2008 production
-will have $500 dollar package discount

2002 Honda S2000 (summer car)
2002 Saturn SL Sport (daily grind)
1999 Saturn SL1 154k miles SOLD
2002 Nissan Maxima SE SOLD
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege SOLD
1993 Ford Probe GT SOLD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SATURNSTPAUL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SATURNSTPAUL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SATURNSTPAUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #6
B.A.S.S.
B.A.S.S. is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
since they charge, what, $95 extra for CF paint, and this "package" is over $2000, i am guessing that's not the case and it's more that you get CF paint with every single option. and maybe a pretty "Limited Edition" badge on the rear end
According to the MotorTrend pricing, if you got the "PDR" package vs. buying every option seperately, you would be paying $80 for the "pretty" badge....... that I would take off anyways.
Although, you would then end up with an Engine block heater, and a Sun roof, which I think cancel each other out

#@ck yaa, it's a SATURN

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to B.A.S.S.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help B.A.S.S. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
B.A.S.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
WhenenRome
WhenenRome is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
Oh, I was being fecitious. I just think the switch from 2007's gloss black to the dishwater-black looking Carbon Flash was a bad move. More seriously, maybe this package is part of a campaign to ''show'' buyers ''how cool'' their new version of black really is. (''And look, you won't have to wash it as much because it *already* looks dirty!'')

Honestly, though, the first time I saw one on the lot, I literally thought at first glance that it was a black paint job that hadn't been cleaned in a while. Fortunately, I managed to grab a gloss black (aka Black Onyx) Aura while they were still actually available.

Now: 07 Saturn Aura XR 3.6 Black / 04 Olds Bravada Final 500 Dark Cherry (both paid for!)
Then: 02 Olds Alero GLS / 01 Olds Aurora 3.5 / 95 Ford T-Bird LX-V8
In Fam: 05 Buick LaCrosse CXS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WhenenRome's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WhenenRome reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WhenenRome is offline   Reply With Quote