SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #21
Swordfish
Advanced Member
Swordfish is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XE
Default Re: Saturn ASTRA reliability (please sign up if you own one)

You clearly seem very unhappy with this... I am a member, but I've never had to pay for anything... please explain, let us know whats going on!!!!

Marc-Antoine

2009 Astra XE 5-door, Twilight Blue.
"I have four rules in the Astra. No food, no drink, no smoking, and no vomit. Got it? Now... let me just put my coffee in the cup holder..."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Swordfish's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Swordfish reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Swordfish is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #22
sl2cams
sl2cams is on a distinguished road

People that go to any site and post hate and discontent a few times and then don't return are just trolls. How many people in this thread have less then 10 posts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sl2cams's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sl2cams reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sl2cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #23
sl2cams
sl2cams is on a distinguished road

Last edited by sl2cams; 12-19-2010 at 01:51 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sl2cams's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sl2cams reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sl2cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Goldsworthyj:Where in the H did you get the idea Michael Karesh and True Delta is in the business of selling warranties ? You owe the guy an apology jerk. Since he isn't selling a warranty or anything else but asking for data to mine.... WTF is wrong with you ?

Last edited by Citation84; 12-19-2010 at 06:08 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #25
Citation84
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl2cams View Post
People that go to any site and post hate and discontent a few times and then don't return are just trolls. How many people in this thread have less then 10 posts?
Good point SL2cams. True Delta, I believe is trying to establish itself as a source of reliability data beyond that collected and in a different manner than that of Consumer Reports and JD Power.

He's trying for more credibility and truer #s that have less chance to be skewed by how they are collected or the questions asked. The guy is all right.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #26
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

Thanks, guys, for vouching for what I've been doing. As Citation84 notes, I don't actually sell warranties. This wouldn't be the first time, though, that someone confused me with a different site.

It's also possible that he clicked through from my site to that of an advertiser or sponsor. But I've had no previous complaints from people who buy from them, either.

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #27
Citation84
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Mr Karesh: I respect what you and your wife are trying to do. And your reports on various cars on another site are objective and fair and well written.

My 05 ION is signed up with True Delta and the site is a valuable one to put together a reliability background for a car you own or one you might be considering. You can't be informed enough these days: cars are wayyyy too expensive to just dump your money on without knowing something about their reliability.
Best to ya,
Dave

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-14-2011, 03:37 AM   #28
ellian
ellian is on a distinguished road

good post````

[b][url=http://www.cellphone-jammer.org/]cell phone jammer[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://www.meizitang-botanical-slimming.com/]meizitang[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://www.dragon-well-tea-longjing.com/]dragon well tea[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://www.fruta-planta.org]fruta planta[/url][/b]
[b][url=http://www.green-laser-pointer.org/]green laser pointer[/url][/b]

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ellian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ellian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
Werks11
Werks11 is on a distinguished road

Tryed to fill out surveys on true delta and nothing would work. Thinking the site is about worthless.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Werks11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Werks11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Werks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #30
Bryan Goldberg
Bryan Goldberg is on a distinguished road

Hi Sticky,

I enrolled my Astra in the reliability survey.

Thanks,
Bryan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bryan Goldberg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bryan Goldberg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bryan Goldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #31
astrid
astrid is on a distinguished road

Default Really bummed

I just bought my 2008 Astra about 2 weeks ago. It was like love at first sight. Now I just want it out of my sight.
It had the camshaft position sensor replaced before we got it, which I saw was a common problem. Then, we took it on a small day trip (about 600km of driving), and the next day the engine light came on. I activated onstar, and they said there was a problem within the cooling system. So I took it into a dealership who ran the code and saw it was a thermostat. Okay, that's fine and it was still under warranty. When the tech pulled up the warranty history on the car, it also showed that the head gaskets had been replaced recently (this car is at 77, 000....that seemed a little absurd for a car that wasn't that old yet).
We had to take it to another dealership to get it fixed since there's only one in Edmonton that can deal with warranty work on these cars. It was taking them a long time to get back to us, we just called them and found out there's MUCH more wrong than just a thermostat.
Not only is the thermostat shot, the transmission and coolant fluids have been mixing and destroyed the radiator. And the transmission. I'm choked...I just sold a crappy 2003 ford focus after replacing a transmission and NOW AGAIN! And the lovely part, the warranty won't cover this!
I thought this was an awesome find, but I'm trying to get the dealership to let me trade it for something else. I never would have bought this car if I'd known what I know now. Good ol' GM for you....every GM I've owned has had SOME massive problem with the cooling system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to astrid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help astrid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
astrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
Burnt
Burnt is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR

Well I just bought a 2009 Saturn Astra XR. I have had it only a week and I like it a lot. What a great little car. It is exactly what I needed.mi did not go looking for it, but stumbled upon on while car searching. Now that I have it I am proud of it, it is a alternative to the mini, which I wanted. I think I compromised well with the leather Astra XR. Looking to put Bluetooth and nav and life will be complete. Of course I have seen the power folding mirrors and now I want that to. When does it end? The one thing I will not touch is the engine. I love the gas mileage I et as my work commute is 50 km each way ever day, so gas is very important, otherwise a mustang was on list.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Burnt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Burnt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Burnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #33
Burnt
Burnt is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
Well I just bought a 2009 Saturn Astra XR. I have had it only a week and I like it a lot. What a great little car. It is exactly what I needed.mi did not go looking for it, but stumbled upon on while car searching. Now that I have it I am proud of it, it is a alternative to the mini, which I wanted. I think I compromised well with the leather Astra XR. Looking to put Bluetooth and nav and life will be complete. Of course I have seen the power folding mirrors and now I want that to. When does it end? The one thing I will not touch is the engine. I love the gas mileage I et as my work commute is 50 km each way ever day, so gas is very important, otherwise a mustang was on list.
Sorry for the grammar and spelling I am a little............tipsy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Burnt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Burnt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Burnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #34
ed111db
ed111db is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XE

Signed up.
Car is one of the first delivered in Houston, TX. was late due to worker strike in Belgum and dealer loaned me an Aura.
car has a few laps of Texas World Speedway and Motorsport Ranch Houston and was lovely!
Total repairs have been brake pads, tires (2) and a battery THIS YEAR. CD player is gerfuffened and I almost miss it.

Ed Hunter

Axiom 1 Racing
Murphy was an optimist!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ed111db's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ed111db reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ed111db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #35
mkaresh
Advanced Member

Car makers will be happy when they no longer have to put CD players in cars. They're so much more prone to failure than the rest of the audio system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #36
Blue08XR3
Blue08XR3 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Thumbs Up Re: Saturn ASTRA reliability (please sign up if you own one)

Signed up!
Bought our 3-door for the wife. 43,500 on the odometer when purchased. It's been 3 days and the only problem so far is the (typical?) loose gas cap causing the engine light to come on. Once it was tightened, the light went off. We've already become attached to the little car and are glad it's part of the family!

Blue 2008 XR 3 dr
45k miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Blue08XR3's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Blue08XR3 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Blue08XR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #37
mkaresh
Advanced Member

Thanks for signing up!

Very sorry for not posting updated stats earlier. Somehow I lost track of this thread. Now that I've rediscovered it...

We've updated our reliability stats for the ASTRA to include owner experiences through September 30, 2013.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008 ASTRA: 38, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2008 ASTRA: 65, < 1

We'll have further updates in February and in May. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Saturn ASTRA reliability ratings and comparisons

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 AM   #38
Bogbrush
Bogbrush is on a distinguished road

We have five Astras: two of the previous model (Astra G) one of which is a 2005 2.0 turbo cabriolet, and three of the Astra H - a 2005 wagon, a 2008 coupe and a 2010 "twintop" which is a cabriolet with a foldback steel roof system. The wagon has an auto box, the rest are manuals.

They are all carefully serviced at least once a year.

The only one I can report any problems with is the older 2004 Astra G which is to have a new battery and a new tailpipe fitted today, although I do not think myself unlucky as the items replaced have lasted 9 years and 105,000 miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bogbrush's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bogbrush reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bogbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #39
kucing
kucing is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the information guys, I'm very fortunate to be joined here

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kucing's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kucing reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kucing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #40
mkaresh
Advanced Member

We've updated our reliability stats for the ASTRA to include owner experiences through December 31, 2013.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008 ASTRA: 43, low

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2008 ASTRA: 61, < 1

We'll have further updates in May and in August. The more owners participate, the more comprehensive and precise these will be.

To see the repairs behind these stats, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Saturn ASTRA reliability ratings and comparisons

REWARD EXCELLENCE!