SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Information 2009 Vue 2 Mode Hybrid Informtation and Photos

Earlier this morning Saturn released information about and photos of the 2009 Saturn Vue Green Line 2 Mode Hybrid. It will be officially unveiled at the start of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in about a week. Fuel economy figures have not yet been released, but expect a 50% improvement over the V6 model.

http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Futur...vue2mode.shtml

Enjoy,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 02:37 AM   #2
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: 2009 Vue 2 Mode Hybrid Informtation and Photos

Charlie,

Thanks for the info. Here's some more:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/06/d...o-mode-hybrid/

What interests me is the claim that the 3.6 is equipped with a cylinder deactivation system that allows it to run on three cylinders under light load conditions. I wonder if that's really true.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thatjerryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
Cuhulin
Cuhulin is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
Default Re: 2009 Vue 2 Mode Hybrid Informtation and Photos

One thing that is not clear is whether the two-mode will be available with AWD as well as in the front wheel drive configuration that the press release mentions.

Does anyone know?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cuhulin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cuhulin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cuhulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:40 AM   #4
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuhulin View Post
One thing that is not clear is whether the two-mode will be available with AWD as well as in the front wheel drive configuration that the press release mentions.

Does anyone know?
The cut-away chassis picture at this link does not show any drive shaft going to the rear wheels, so I expect that this will be FWD only.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/01...2-mode-hybrid/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
Bunshaw
Bunshaw is on a distinguished road

thatjerryguy, they struck out the part about cylinder deactivation so it looks like it will be all 6 cylinders when the engine is running.

While I appreciate the release of an efficient 2-mode hybrid Vue over the mild hybrid I'm more concerned about how some of the tech is going to trickle down to the other Vue models. Did anyone else pick up on these things?

The hybrid is supposed to come with the 3.6L DI engine. This engine, while admittedly more efficient, is also more powerful than the one in the XR and RL trim and produces ~300hp in other GM vehicles which would make it the most powerful Vue trim available (see Cadillac's CTS/STS). Is Saturn really going to allow the GL 2-mode to be more powerful than the RL?

The 2009 release is supposed to (finally) bring the sunroof as an option. It's listed as an aside along with the navigation system as options. The '09 also apparently brings a true DIC along with programmability. It's not listed at all but if you enlarge the interior shot on the autoblog.com site and look under the lights/parking lights controls there are buttons present where the parking slip/ticket holder used to be. Those button labels stand for DIC controls on other GM vehicles. With the vehicle off it's difficult to say for sure until they release pictures of the DIC lighted.

Saturn hasn't said anything about pricing but it has to be more than the RL trim with that 3.6L DI engine + hybrid system. Now that I've heard/seen of the sunroof and DIC, I'm eagerly awaiting pricing, mileage estimates, and hp numbers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bunshaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bunshaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bunshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
Greenhornet
Greenhornet will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2
Devil Re: 2009 Vue 2 Mode Hybrid Informtation and Photos

Finally, a real hybrid from Saturn. Very good news indeed. Hopefully, there will be an AWD version eventually. And speaking of hope, sometime soon, Saturn will introduce super economical Astra and Corsa gas/electric and perhaps diesel/electric hybrids.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Greenhornet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Greenhornet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Greenhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
RobertJ
RobertJ will become famous soon enough

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuhulin View Post

Does anyone know?
I'd guess it will be a similar setup to the AWD Toyota Highlander Hybrid in that it has no rear drive shaft, but it does have electric motors on the rear wheels to assist in slippery conditions. Not a true AWD obviously, but should provide a pretty stable ride on road but probably won't be meant for off road.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertJ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertJ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
SaturnTrucks
SaturnTrucks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooler King View Post
The cut-away chassis picture at this link does not show any drive shaft going to the rear wheels, so I expect that this will be FWD only.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/01...2-mode-hybrid/
I can confirm that there will only be front wheel drive on the 2009 Vue 2 Mode Hybrid.

Mike
Saturn Communications

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnTrucks's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnTrucks reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
darrelld
darrelld is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Will the Vue GL have Bluetooth availability on these 2009 models?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to darrelld's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help darrelld reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
darrelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
Tethys
Advanced Member
Tethys is on a distinguished road

Isn't the Vue 2-Mode's total hp and torque ratings a conglomeration of both the gas and electric motors? Someone above asked whether the 2-mode's hp figure is higher than the same for the Vue RL.

I thought the electric motors generated a certain number of hp and torque when a hybrid vehicle's only using them for power, then the remainder came from the gasoline engine, or am I wrong and the 3.6 w/VVT and DI has higher hp and torque numbers than the 3.6 engine available in other Vues?

2015 Buick Verano Turbo
5 - 2006 Ion 3 Sedan, Manual, Storm Grey
4 - 2004 Ion 2 Sedan, Manual, Electric Blue
3 - 1996 SL2 Manual, Medium Red
2 - 1991 SL1 Manual, White
1 - 1991 SL Manual, Grey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tethys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tethys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tethys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:45 AM   #11
Bunshaw
Bunshaw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethys View Post
Isn't the Vue 2-Mode's total hp and torque ratings a conglomeration of both the gas and electric motors? Someone above asked whether the 2-mode's hp figure is higher than the same for the Vue RL.

I thought the electric motors generated a certain number of hp and torque when a hybrid vehicle's only using them for power, then the remainder came from the gasoline engine, or am I wrong and the 3.6 w/VVT and DI has higher hp and torque numbers than the 3.6 engine available in other Vues?
I agree, I believe in hybrids the maximum hp number is the number calculated from the gasoline engine in combination with the electric motors in assist mode. When I did that post I was just hearing about the new '09 hybrid Vue. Thinking about it some more and reading more on it, the numbers will probably be about the same as what's available on the XR and RL. They would have to be in order to maintain a 7.3s 0-60 time w/ all the extra hybrid equipment. The HF 3.6L w/ DI can get better numbers than whats available in the Vue now but GM is most likely going to detune it for efficiency. Since it's not being advertised as a "performance" hybrid it makes the most sense. Otherwise, I have no doubt that the new hybrid Vue could do 300+ hp and more with electric assist if tuned for that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bunshaw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bunshaw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bunshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #12
jlalill
jlalill is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE Green Line

am i missing something but i don't see a mention of the two-mode hybrid on a four cylinder ...wouldn't it make sense to offer that also so that the mileage savings would be even better than the v6 savings...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jlalill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jlalill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jlalill is offline   Reply With Quote