SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
gel85
gel85 is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 VUE Rear view mirror

The manual says the auto dimming mirror is standard equipment is it?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gel85's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gel85 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
gmsuv
gmsuv will become famous soon enough

2008 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: 2008 VUE Rear view mirror

The mirror in my Vue XR was auto dimming but the compass in the DIC did not work. I removed the mirror and installed an auto dimming compass mirror. With the $50 I paid I for Turn by Turn Navigation I have it all now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gmsuv's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gmsuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
gmsuv

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsuv View Post
The mirror in my Vue XR was auto dimming but the compass in the DIC did not work. I removed the mirror and installed an auto dimming compass mirror. With the $50 I paid I for Turn by Turn Navigation I have it all now.
I installed a Genk5 Compass mirror.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help gmsuv reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #4
thelivesoundguy
thelivesoundguy is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2008 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsuv View Post
I just took delivery on an 08 Vue XR and have the same issue. My compass in the DIC is not working. Anyone know what gives with this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thelivesoundguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thelivesoundguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thelivesoundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
Pete93SL1M
Pete93SL1M is on a distinguished road

Early production VUEs has auto-dimming mirror, locking glove box, no compass.
Later the mirror went normal, glove box lock went away, compass came. Depends on when yours was built as to which features it had.

..aka GMinTheDriveway
Former Saturn Sales Consultant
Give me choices in powertrain, great handling and decent MPG and I will buy a Saturn again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pete93SL1M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pete93SL1M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pete93SL1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete93SL1M View Post
Later the mirror went normal, glove box lock went away, compass came. Depends on when yours was built as to which features it had.
Less features, same price? gimme a break....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
Pete93SL1M
Pete93SL1M is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealvue View Post
Less features, same price? gimme a break....
Au contraire... the price went up....!

..aka GMinTheDriveway
Former Saturn Sales Consultant
Give me choices in powertrain, great handling and decent MPG and I will buy a Saturn again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pete93SL1M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pete93SL1M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pete93SL1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #8
rosemont
rosemont is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete93SL1M View Post
How do you find when a car is built?
My XR FWD came with neither the glove box lock nor the compass. Maybe a even newer model?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rosemont's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rosemont reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rosemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
gmsuv

2008 VUE 3.6L
Checkered Flag Re: 2008 VUE Rear view mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemont View Post
How do you find when a car is built?
My XR FWD came with neither the glove box lock nor the compass. Maybe a even newer model?

As Vues are built in Mexico, what do you have a XE or XR?
My XR came with a glove box lock but no compass and was built Sept 3 and took delivery Oct 3.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:01 AM   #10
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelivesoundguy View Post
I just took delivery on an 08 Vue XR and have the same issue. My compass in the DIC is not working. Anyone know what gives with this?
I fought with Saturn on the missing compass for weeks when I got my 2008 XR ... I never got a clear answer, mostly BS. I have several posts on the subject. As best as I can determine, they pulled the feature at the time of release ... so late that the manuals still showed it and my dealer and all the Saturn support people (as late as September) were certain there was a compass.

I've read a couple of posts indicating the compass is now back, but that may not be correct. Anybody have solid info on this? Is the DIC compass now fixed or did they put the compass back in the mirror (like 2007 models)?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:11 AM   #11
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura about

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

compass is on the dash and standard on vues. older vue built before about end of nov did not have it. with compass when you open driver door dash lights up. production date is on driver door jam.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
kelso
kelso is on a distinguished road

One more thing missing on older production models is the key hole illumination. There should be an orange ring around the ignition, that lights up with the dash lights. Its listed as a standard feature, so I am going to try and fight the dealer for it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kelso's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kelso reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #13
CR Cirl
CR Cirl is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Red Line

Hi all - I'm new here. Just took delivery on my new 08 Vue last week. They had added a piece of paper to my bag of goodies (manual, XM and OnStar info, temp registration, etc.) stating that there was no compass. Kinda disappointing, but at least they're acknowledging that an error was made somewhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CR Cirl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CR Cirl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CR Cirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 AM   #14
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

Don't know how much of an older 08 Vue XR you are talking about, but mine has the ignition light and it was built on May 22nd. Don't have the compass (no great loss for me there) and it does have the dimming inside rear view mirror. Now, if they could make the outside driver's mirror do the same, that would be great.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #15
NJSATXR
NJSATXR is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Have to say, as a first time Saturn buyer all these feature changes going on is a bit ridiculous.
Ours is 11/07 build.
It has the compass, auto dimming mirror, lighted ignition cylinder,locking glove box.

However, lucky us... during a "part of November", they built our VUE without a glove compartment light !! Mine is an empty lens with no wiring at all.
This was confirmed by my dealer who inspected it yesterday.

They do actually have another 11/07 XE model on their showroom floor that has a working glove box light.

I called Saturn corporate asking if they were doing anything for their customers because of this. I told them it was ridiculous for me to have to go out and buy a "sticky light" for a brand new almost $30k vehicle.

They are sending me a "keychain light".

Whoopee !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NJSATXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NJSATXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NJSATXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #16
homerec130

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

Tell you what, I'll give you my light (just kidding). I checked this morning and found that it stays on all the time. I'll check it again tomorrow morning and see if it stays on all the way to Phoenix. (It will be dark, so I won't have to look too hard).

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know how to take the glove box bulb out? At a first glance it looks like I have to drop the glove box to get to it. If t's been on since day one, I guess two more weeks will be okay until it goes back in the dealer for an oil change.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #17
NJSATXR
NJSATXR is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Pretty ridiculous, huh ?

Why they stopped putting them in may be tied to your issue I suppose.... or did they run out of parts?

At least I know my Sylvania DOT LED push light will work flawlessly.

Now if they can only get to the bottom of the "dashboard lights staying on" issue which my 08 vue has.

This is what we all buy new cars for, right?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NJSATXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NJSATXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NJSATXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #18
homerec130

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

So far my dash lights seem to go off when they are supposed to. My only other problem (at this is also with my 06 Vue) is the light sensor for the headlights will turn the lights on with the least bit of a shadow. I don't mind that too much, except I can't see the clock on the radio. As a matter of fact, you can't read anything on the radio. On the 08 the radio light is real dim. It would be nice if you had seperate controls for the dash and the radio. At least they got rid of the the bright red back light on the emergency flasher. When we had our L 200 I had a yellow sticky on top of it to tone it down at night. I flew airplanes for 20 years for Uncle Sam and the least warning light (or any light out of the ordinary) still catches my attention, even if it is a normal indication. Green lights don't bother me, but amber and red do.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:25 PM   #19
kelso
kelso is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelso View Post
One more thing missing on older production models is the key hole illumination. There should be an orange ring around the ignition, that lights up with the dash lights. Its listed as a standard feature, so I am going to try and fight the dealer for it.
I got word back from the dealer today, that I would have to take my fight to Satrun about the key hole illumination. They want nothing to do with the situation. He had the balls to ask me, or tell me that mine had it and it wouldnt light up during the day. I asked him if he thought I was stupid. I know what it looks like and its not there.

They are mailing me an insert for my manual that states mine doesnt have the compass. I guess they forgot to include that.

Mine has the light in the glove box and the lock too. I've read some other posts where the glove box didnt have a lock.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kelso's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kelso reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #20
Kooler King
Advanced Member
Kooler King is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

My 2008 XR, August 2007 build,

has; glove box light, illuminated key hole

doesn't have; compass (neither DIC or mirror)

So far, other than design quirks (bad HVAC controls, poor radio illumination, missing DIC compass), the only "failure" is that one of the rear window defogger lines doesn't heat up.

However, I don't expect that I will keep this vehicle past the 36k warranty as I don't trust the so-so GM / Daewoo engineering on this new model. I'll be in the market for a replacement vehicle at the end of this year ... I hope the 2009 / 2010 offerings are better or I'll be shopping outside the GM line-up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kooler King's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kooler King reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Kooler King is offline   Reply With Quote