SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default heated windshield washer fluid issue?

(Yes, I have the decadence package

When I push the heated windshield wash button, the dash flashes "Heated Wash Pending" and I wait. Eventually, the pump comes on, but no fluid comes out, and then I get a "Heated Wash System OFF" message on the DIC (it's supposed to wash up to four times).

If I push it again, I get the expected behavior.

If I had to guess, I'd say that there was a leak somewhere allowing the heater reservoir to drain. Before I go and have yet another exciting interaction with the service department, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else had seen this problem...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
scotted73
Advanced Member
scotted73 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2002 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: heated windshield washer fluid issue?

My heated washer works as advertised. I don't use it much, but it was part of the package.

I would also check with the service department if your vehicle is included in the TSB involving the washer system not shutting off completely (heater part) and draining the battery.

2007 Outlook XR AWD Charcoal
Ebony Leather, Captain's Chairs and everything else from the audio/video/convenience world

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scotted73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scotted73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scotted73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

mine works fine. nice feature for mnnesota winters. id have yours looked at

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
djhhjd
djhhjd is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

I have not used mine yet or found myself in a place where I had to use either but I'm curious to see how it works. That's a drag that you have to go back to the service dept to get it fixed after all it is winter and it would be nice to use if you need it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djhhjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djhhjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djhhjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Mine has done the same thing at times and I've noticed when it is really cold out. I think it is because there is some frozen water in the line and the first bit of warm water can't get through, the system feels the pressure builing up and shuts down. But it always works on the second try. I think it just has to do with the conditions, not the machine.

2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to khansen30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #6
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotted73 View Post
I would also check with the service department if your vehicle is included in the TSB involving the washer system not shutting off completely (heater part) and draining the battery.
Thanks for the reminder, but I checked that one when I first bought the vehicle , thanks to the lists available from this forum!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #7
djhhjd

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

I went to use mine this morning and nothing happened no heated washer fluid or nothing on the DIC. Going to the dealer 1/22/08 for a service and will have them look at it and fix the seatbelt trim piece that the seatbelt cut into. Is there a message on the DIC when the heated washer fluid button is pressed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help djhhjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #8
khansen30

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhhjd View Post
I went to use mine this morning and nothing happened no heated washer fluid or nothing on the DIC. Going to the dealer 1/22/08 for a service and will have them look at it and fix the seatbelt trim piece that the seatbelt cut into. Is there a message on the DIC when the heated washer fluid button is pressed?
When you press the button you get a message about the system warming up and wash pending (don't remember the exact message) and then after the wash when you press it to turn off the system it tells you that the system is off.

Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM   #9
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

seat belt cuts in to trim piece on all outlooks. i dont believe there is a fix yet so if you get a new trim piece it will do the same again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #10
khansen30

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
seat belt cuts in to trim piece on all outlooks. i dont believe there is a fix yet so if you get a new trim piece it will do the same again.
Nope, there isn't a fix yet, checked last week.

Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
djhhjd

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by khansen30 View Post
Nope, there isn't a fix yet, checked last week.
You can get a new piece put on and raise the adjuster all the way up to help stop the cutting in. Once I noticed that mine was cutting in I raised it up about 3/4's of the way up and it stopped cutting, so I figure a new one should last a while.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
khansen30

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhhjd View Post
You can get a new piece put on and raise the adjuster all the way up to help stop the cutting in. Once I noticed that mine was cutting in I raised it up about 3/4's of the way up and it stopped cutting, so I figure a new one should last a while.
Mine is already up, never took it down, and it started cutting within the first 6 weeks. I am just going to wait until it gets really bad then get it fixed. To be honest, when I noticed it, I thought the cut was supposed to be there to allow the belt to move without resistance.

Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #13
djhhjd

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

I went to the dealership this morning and got the heated windshield washer worked on It took the tech a little bit to find the problem but he got it. It was a wire connector not hooked up from the factory. Sure works good now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!