SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
Dirxque2
Dirxque2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SC1
Default Changes for 2009....

I know I'm a bit early with this, but my Outlook purchase won't happen till the 2009s are out. I am wondering if it will be worth the wait, or should I look for a 2008 as we close out this year. I'm hoping for a V-8 option, but would love to know if any other changes are in the works.

(Would also love to see a slightly bigger space for the nav system, as I'd like to get the Pioneer, but everything indicates that it doesn't fit.)

Any thoughts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dirxque2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dirxque2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dirxque2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Uzzy
Master Member
Uzzy has a spectacular aura aboutUzzy has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Changes for 2009....

I doubt there will be any significant changes to the 2009. Your best bet will be to get a 2008 close out, probably, but I don't know for certain. I've read these Lamdas could really use a V8 option, but I haven't anything about them getting them. I was really surprised the Buick doesn't have a V8 option at least. I think it's the most portly of them and it's the most luxurious. I think the Buick should get the V8 soon and the rest will eventually follow, but who knows when? That's what happened with the Rainier and the rest of the GMT-360 line.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
If your ECTS is not brass...your ass is grass.
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Uzzy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Uzzy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Uzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Dirxque2
Dirxque2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SC1

One of the other threads has a link to an article about the Buicks getting a V-8, but only at 320 hp. I am guessing the torque will also be up marginally.

I'd like to see something around 335 hp, w/ considerable torque and towing capability, specifically for a camper. Oversized brakes would be nice also.

I'm crossing my fingers and waiting till after the new year, but if the `09s don't look worth it, I can still snag an `08 at the model closeout.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dirxque2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dirxque2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dirxque2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #4
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

I doubt there will be significant changes for '09. However, I would expect there to be more incentives/lower interest rates as the model matures. Right now the Outlook is hot and dealers are not giving incentives and are charging top dollar. I hear there is a refresh for '10 so it may be a good bet to get an '09.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote