SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
mac99sl2
Advanced Member
mac99sl2 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
1999 SL2
Default Armrest

I think I saw a picture of a 99 sl2 that had a center armrest where I have a crap-catcher...My '99 sl2 has a place for junk to go where I think there should be an armrest (in the center next to the e-brake( ...did somebody lose/break/get rid of the armrest that should have been there? Was it an option? If so where should I look to get one? If I dont have one now will one go in the slot where my crap is ending up? my old truck had an armrest in the middle and I used to be so much more comfortable than I am now driving. Any suggestions? Oh, and I dont have an ash tray either.. just the cupholders...now I know there was supposed to be an ashtray in these cars. That I might wanna buy new cuz of the smell...lol

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mac99sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mac99sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mac99sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #2
WingsOfSaturn
WingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enoughWingsOfSaturn will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2
1995 SL2
Default Re: Armrest

Both options.

Best place is a wrecking yard ($10 or less for the arm rest). Or you could search on eBay.

Yes an armrest will fit in there. You will loose one of your cup holders with the ash-tray.

"When you stop to fill up on oil, don't forget to check the gas"
98 SL2 MT 213K+ Daily Driver 38+ mpg
97 SL2 AT 150K Original Owner
95 SL2 MT 220K+
My Saturns have BRASS ones!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WingsOfSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WingsOfSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WingsOfSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
S3aturnR
Master Member
S3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the roughS3aturnR is a jewel in the rough

1996 SL2
1999 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac99sl2 View Post
I think I saw a picture of a 99 sl2 that had a center armrest where I have a crap-catcher...My '99 sl2 has a place for junk to go where I think there should be an armrest (in the center next to the e-brake( ...did somebody lose/break/get rid of the armrest that should have been there? Was it an option? If so where should I look to get one? If I dont have one now will one go in the slot where my crap is ending up? my old truck had an armrest in the middle and I used to be so much more comfortable than I am now driving. Any suggestions? Oh, and I dont have an ash tray either.. just the cupholders...now I know there was supposed to be an ashtray in these cars. That I might wanna buy new cuz of the smell...lol
the armrest was optional. i bought it afterwards from the dealership for about $80, if memory serves.

it probably would be the most cost effective if you were to search local salvage yards for it. there's only 2 screws that hold it in place. also, it's got a lock on it, so make sure yours comes with a key or is unlocked when you get it.

as far as the ashtray, i have one somewhere. if you're ever in the oxford area, let me know and it's yours...

s3aturnr

"reno is a lot like maybury, except everyone's on crystal meth and prostitution's legal" - junior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to S3aturnR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help S3aturnR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
S3aturnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:40 AM   #4
Zekeboy
Zekeboy is on a distinguished road

1998 SW2

I just bought one from the dealer. $70.00 and it's built to hold tapes, not cd's, if that matters. Only complaint is that it makes it difficult to buckle the seatbelt. But it sure is nice as an arm rest.

www.car-part.com is a pretty good resource.

Ashtray, I just gave a brand new one away. Maybe if he sees this post will pass it on to you?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zekeboy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zekeboy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zekeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeboy View Post
Only complaint is that it makes it difficult to buckle the seatbelt.
It's Mac's lucky day; they changed the seat belt design in '99, so the fixed buckle sticks up more, and is MUCH easier to reach, esp. with a console storage box. This was one of my first beefs about my '96 when I bought it. To this day, first-time passengers still b!+ch about it. I hoped I could retrofit by just buying the fixed buckles. Sorry, no; the buckle interface is different, so you'd have to buy the outer belt as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

I got one from a parts car a year and a half ago. Kept it in for maybe a month. Felt like it interfered with shifting so I removed it. Got another one now in a second parts car, still don't like it (drove it ~30 miles home) but the lock on it feels much more sturdy then the first one I had.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote