SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
Grazant
Grazant is on a distinguished road

Default Heated Windshield Washer Fluid won't work

I recently bought a 2008 Vue XE and now since it is getting colder have had a chance to try out the heated windshield washer fluid that came in the package with remote start. However, in the owners manual it says when the rear window defogger is turned on the heated washer fluid system will work automatically which it doesn't. It should take about 40 seconds to heat the fluid then dispense mine just sprays it out like always. I have tried the following and can't get it to work.

- Turn on both rear and front defogger and spray fluid
- Turn on only rear and only front defogger and spray
- Let car warm up
- Make sure temp is below 32 outside

Yes I have the rainsense system and it works great just can't get the heated washer fluid to work. So my question is has anyone with the heated washer fluid used it and it worked? Thanks and this is my first post so I just wanted to thank everyone who has posted before becuase I have gotten SOOOO much great information from this site while I was looking into buying the VUE.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Grazant's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Grazant reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Grazant is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
mrgto
mrgto will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Heated Windshield Washer Fluid won't work

I've tried it on my Redline and I can't seem to get it to work either. Then again, I haven't touched the fluid to see if it's warm either.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrgto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrgto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

It's been a couple years, but from what I remember on the Buick Lucerne's I've driven with the feature you have to hold the switch for several seconds until it fires...

Maybe you're not holding it long enough. Depress it for 40 seconds...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Warren
Warren is on a distinguished road

I must be stupid but for the life of me I can't figure out how to engage the rainsense system and I don't find the manual to be very clear on the matter. Any help would be appreciated such as what position do you put the windshield wiper selector in and so on. I too have the heated washer fluid but I haven't had the need to try and engage it yet. Doubt that it will be long beore that happens as we were well below freezing this morning and the temp. is only going to keep going down for another 3 or so months. It was kind of hoping that heated washer fluid on/off was somehow tied into the outside temperature guage and when the guage read below zero, voila, heated fluid. Guess that is asking for to much.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Warren's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Warren reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

On the Buick I was using the heated washer fluid in 60 degree weather. I remember there was a separate switch on the stalk for the function and you hold it down until it sprays hot fluid.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
hand-filer
hand-filer is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I must be stupid but for the life of me I can't figure out how to engage the rainsense system and I don't find the manual to be very clear on the matter. Any help would be appreciated such as what position do you put the windshield wiper selector in and so on. I too have the heated washer fluid but I haven't had the need to try and engage it yet. Doubt that it will be long beore that happens as we were well below freezing this morning and the temp. is only going to keep going down for another 3 or so months. It was kind of hoping that heated washer fluid on/off was somehow tied into the outside temperature guage and when the guage read below zero, voila, heated fluid. Guess that is asking for to much.
I didn't find the manual to be very clear on this either.
1) Move the stalk up one position from off (which I mistook for intermittent at first)
2) Set the delay setting in the centre position and leave it.
3) Wait for it to rain. The wipers will come on by themselves the next time it begins to rain. Use the delay control to fine tune the frequency.

I haven't tried the heated washer fluid feature yet. From what I've been told you will see an initial blast of steam then fluid.
h-f

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hand-filer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hand-filer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hand-filer is offline   Reply With Quote