SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
HeatherL
HeatherL is on a distinguished road

Post Considering an 08 Outlook

We're in the market for a new SUV/CUV, and I'm really interested in the new Outlook. Problem is, the closest dealership is about 2 hours away, so we're going to make a trip next week.

Any advice on what to expect at the dealership? Is the price really "no haggle" like they say? So you pay what's on the window - that's it? Is anything negotiable? And if I don't see what I want on the lot, I can order one to my specifications, is that right?

I also have been looking online and at the dealership website, but it doesn't look like there are any incentives out right now. I know the '08s are new, but when might we expect to see some specials on them?

I'm really just starting to research all this, so any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HeatherL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HeatherL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HeatherL is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #2
montrealvue
Advanced Member
montrealvue is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Considering an 08 Outlook

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherL View Post
We're in the market for a new SUV/CUV, and I'm really interested in the new Outlook. Problem is, the closest dealership is about 2 hours away, so we're going to make a trip next week.

Any advice on what to expect at the dealership? Is the price really "no haggle" like they say? So you pay what's on the window - that's it? Is anything negotiable? And if I don't see what I want on the lot, I can order one to my specifications, is that right?

I also have been looking online and at the dealership website, but it doesn't look like there are any incentives out right now. I know the '08s are new, but when might we expect to see some specials on them?

I'm really just starting to research all this, so any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!
You will love the Saturn experience and the vehicles are top notch. However, you are 2 hours away from the closest dealer and you WILL need service/repairs of some point before your warranty is up. If you don't mind driving a few hours for service, then I would say look no further, you will love the Outlook. If not, consider a closer dealer GMC or Buick which have the Acadia and Enclave (which are essentially Outlook twins). Regarding "haggling", no you can't haggle but often there are incentives and price reductions on accessories. If you have a vehicle to trade often that can be factored in in your favor instead of a discount on the vehicle. The end result is you will pay a competitive price vs. other cars of similar size from other brands. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to montrealvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help montrealvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
montrealvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
f3qu3t
f3qu3t is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 2.2L

I am also set on an Outlook, and I will be at the dealership next week to finalize my decision. My previous experience with purchasing at Saturn is quite good. It's difficult for me to say otherwise, as I haven't purchased any other make. As for haggle room, I can tell you this - I ordered an 05 VUE that took just over two months to come in. The last month of waiting they gave me a new ION to use (free of charge) while waiting for the VUE, as my previous car had been sold privately. Also, I got them to upgrade the sound system at no extra cost. So, I figure that I saved around $800 - $1000. Not a lot, but it was something!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to f3qu3t's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help f3qu3t reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
f3qu3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
Outlook08
Outlook08 is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

We love our Outlook. We searched for an Outlook that was close to what we wanted for about a month before we finally special ordered ours. Delivery time was around 6 weeks.

Dead on about the no haggle price. You pay sticker. The Saturn buying experience was one of the weirdest (left you feeling like you should have done more to negotiate, even though you can't); least stressful I have ever done (especially when we paid with a capital one no hassle auto loan check). We were in and out within an hour.

Most people will tell you that Saturn makes up for the lack of discounts with your trade in amount. I believe this depends a lot on your dealership and what kind of trade in you have. We had a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. They barely wanted to give us KBB Fair. Our miles were low too, only 38k for an almost 4 yr old Jeep. We ended up selling it online via Craigslist at about 2k more then what the dealership offered us.

Good Luck

'08 Saturn Outlook XR FWD
Cream White/Black Leather
Premium Trim
7 Passanger
Convenience
Enhanced Convenience
Advanced Audio
DVD
Dual Skyscape Sunroofs
XM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Outlook08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Outlook08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Outlook08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
saturn7
saturn7 is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

"Dead on about the no haggle price. You pay sticker." This is not true. Do not go into any dealership thinking you have to pay MSRP. I got $1000 off my 2008 and $500 off for customer incentive ($1500). I ordered mine and it took 9 weeks to deliver. This car is in high demand but its not that high. Go there doing your homework first. Price it out online via KBB and go in there swinging. If your trading your car in don't mention that until the ink is dry on the contract price. Expect two things on the trade in. First to get hosed then hosed somemore. If your okay with that fine, if not sell it yourself (I had a 02 Lexus and they treated it like it was a chevy). God's speed with your purchase.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
Outlook08
Outlook08 is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn7 View Post
"Dead on about the no haggle price. You pay sticker." This is not true. Do not go into any dealership thinking you have to pay MSRP. I got $1000 off my 2008 and $500 off for customer incentive ($1500). I ordered mine and it took 9 weeks to deliver. This car is in high demand but its not that high. Go there doing your homework first. Price it out online via KBB and go in there swinging. If your trading your car in don't mention that until the ink is dry on the contract price. Expect two things on the trade in. First to get hosed then hosed somemore. If your okay with that fine, if not sell it yourself (I had a 02 Lexus and they treated it like it was a chevy). God's speed with your purchase.
I think this depends on the area you live in. Here in Baltimore they can't keep them on the lot. There are 5 Saturn dealers within 45 minutes of me (all owned by the same person). No haggling there period. Glad you got lucky, but 99% of the time it is not like that.

Did they do any add ons for you or where you able to tell them no to that stuff?

'08 Saturn Outlook XR FWD
Cream White/Black Leather
Premium Trim
7 Passanger
Convenience
Enhanced Convenience
Advanced Audio
DVD
Dual Skyscape Sunroofs
XM

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Outlook08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Outlook08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Outlook08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
Smoke Bear
Smoke Bear is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
2004 VUE 3.6L

You are off to the right start by studying these forums. Don't forget to check the other Saturn forum. It has a special section on buying and leasing.
Some people have gotten discounts through the membership discount stores, supplier discounts, etc.

Check both the Saturn web site and GM website for discounts. I found a discount on the GM site that was not listed on the Saturn site.

I have only dealt with one Saturn dealer. Yep, no haggle on the pricing, no hassles, no bait and switch, no "I will see what my boss says", no pressure, just "here is your price and here are your discounts". They even refunded me $11.00 a few weeks later because the registration was cheaper than they thought.

I'm sure not all Saturn dealers are the same but the one in Turnersville NJ is a pleasure to deal with.

And you probably won't see many incentives. The Outlooks are just too new and popular.

We love ours!!!!!

Ordered 8/10, built 8/31, delivered 9/11, mine 9/22.
2008 Outlook XR FWD, White Diamond Tri-Coat, Tan Leather, Advanced Audio, Convenience, Enhanced Convenience, Premium Trim, Trailering Package!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Smoke Bear's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Smoke Bear reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Smoke Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
saturn7
saturn7 is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

outlook08: Did they do any add ons for you or where you able to tell them no to that stuff?

I had the 08 built to my specs, fwd, no trailer pakg and no mid seat center console. Everything else I wanted. They still made their scratch, I said no also to their dealer service fee ($475). I pitted three dealers against each other and told them all whoever gets me the best deal gets my business. I was willing to travel 200 miles to order this car. Mark ups, add ons (i.e. pin stripping, leather treatment, etc) and some warranties is all nonsense. I knew more about this car then the dealers trying to sell it to me. Just do your homework 1st.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #9
SaturngirlSc2
SaturngirlSc2 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Smoke Bear -

What other Saturn forum were you talking about (the one with the section on buying and leasing)?

Thanks,

SaturngirlSc2

04 Black FWD Vue, 36k miles as of today 9/11/06,
Can't wait for the Outlook.. My doggies are getting bigger and they need a bigger truck :-)

"When you fail to plan, you plan to fail".

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturngirlSc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturngirlSc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturngirlSc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #10
paulstefano
paulstefano is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturngirlSc2 View Post
Smoke Bear -

What other Saturn forum were you talking about (the one with the section on buying and leasing)?

Thanks,

SaturngirlSc2
www.saturnoutlookforum.net

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paulstefano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paulstefano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paulstefano is offline   Reply With Quote