SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
Counterfit
Counterfit is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default How to turn off the security light?

Hi guys,

Ive had an aftermarket remote start/alarm system on my Vue for about a year now, about a month ago I had to have my truck towed to a saturn dealership because my key wouldnt turn (common problem I understand) before I sent my truck in I did something I had never done before, I put the truck into valet mode so I could just give the tow truck driver the key and not worry about my remote getting broken lost along the line. When I got the truck back from saturn the Security light was on and they asked me if it had been on, I said no and thought it was weird but thought it was possibly because I had put the truck into valet mode, I took it out of valet mode and the light remained on. I tried getting the code pulled from a local Advanced auto but they said there computer doesnt deal with "those codes" so I went home and tried to reset the computer and remove the light by pulling the positive terminal off the battery for a few minutes. It's still on and staring me in the face every time I drive. I went to take it back to saturn and have them diagnose but they told me if they can blame it on my alarm system then they are going to charge me just for hooking it up to the computer to find out what's wrong. I dont genrally like to flush 90 bucks so I told them to pound sand. What can I do to get this light to go off?

Thanks
Tim

Also New pics in the gallery if you want to check it out.

I'm with CoCo !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Counterfit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Counterfit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Counterfit is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: How to turn off the security light?

Does the DOOR CHIME (key in ignition when door is opened DING! DING! DING!) work? The most common cause for a security light on a PASSLOCK II car is the system not "seeing" a key in the igntion despite the system "seeing" the key being turned in the lock via the PASSLOCK sensor in the ignition switch. (Sounds odd I know, but the system uses two seperate signals from the lock assembly)

Does the aftermarket system (including remote) still work?

Was the passlock sensor and / or igntion swich REPLACED as part of the service? If that was the case AND you are using any sort of bypass module as part of the aftermarket system, the BYPASS MODULE will need to be reset and "relearn" the "new" PASSLOCK signal from the new PASSLOCK sensor.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 PM   #3
Counterfit

2006 VUE 3.5L

The alarm and remote start works without a hitch. The door chime works if I turn the truck on or to acc and the turn it all the way off the door will chime, but does not chime if I have the door open and just put the keys in the ignition, not sure if it's supposed to, but wanted to give a full description.

This was the 3rd time my truck was in for the ignition problem. The first time they removed the "key cylinder" and oiled it. They then replaced it about 2 weeks later. then about 1 months later(the time the light came on) replaced it again, I'm not sure what is customary to replace with suck a service. I'll try and have my wife pull the records for the service to see what exactly was done at the time of service.

I'm pretty sure I needed a bypass module, I remember my installer asking if I had one. He then got one for me. What would I need to do to reset the bypass if that's what you think the problem is?

I'm with CoCo !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Counterfit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-02-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
Counterfit

2006 VUE 3.5L

Bump for wolfman

I'm with CoCo !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!