SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
Bruno
Bruno is on a distinguished road

Heart Fun Ride

It has been a while since I have posted, but I just wanted to thank Saturn and this forum for all of the years of awesome service! I am selling my 1996 Saturn SW2 (silver) after 10 years in my possession. It has 152K trouble free miles. Seriously the only irritating issue is its ability to eat rotors year after year. Unfortunately, I am not purchasing another Saturn at this time. I REALLY liked the Outlook, but what we really needed was something easier on the gas. The Aura is also a great car, but I was looking for AWD this time around. My dealership thought (6 months ago) that the 2008ís might get AWD, but it didnít happen. With the new products Saturn is putting out, I am sure I will be back in a few years. SaturnFans will remain as a book mark! Thanks guys and gals!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruno's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
amazinghl
Master Member
amazinghl will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Fun Ride

Location and how much for the SW2?

85 GLH 290whp. http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215679
94 855 389xxx miles and climbing.
00 Insight 50mpg++

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to amazinghl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help amazinghl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
amazinghl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
Bruno

I should have said that it is sold; unless the deal falls through by next Friday!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Bruno reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
john95SW2
Advanced Member
john95SW2 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L

What are you looking at to replace to SW2? Been wondering what I would look at when it was time to send mine away.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john95SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john95SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
Bruno

We needed something larger since the kids are getting bigger! The Ford Fusion had the space, AWD, and handling that I was looking for. I just wish it had the Aura's power! Even in Colorado, the Aura had some get-up-and-go! I test drove the Fusion this past winter and came away impressed with its winter capabilites! I could not repeat what I did in the Fusion with the SW2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #6
john95SW2
Advanced Member

2004 VUE 2.2L

I was thinking that the Taurus X might be the next one I look at as I really like having a wagon...have you driven that one yet? ( I think it used to be called the Freestyle )

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
Bruno

I never did drive the Taurus X, because I was looking for something with a little more driver interaction. The handling of the fusion was even better than the Mazda6 IMHO.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
john95SW2
Advanced Member

2004 VUE 2.2L

I like what I've seen and read about the Fusion, interesting to hear info from someone who has driven one. Best of luck with your new ride!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #9
Bruno

Thanks! I will have to write up some comments on the car once I get it. I have been reading other forums to see which one I want to sign up with. I just don't have time to watch more than one. I have NOT found one anywhere as good as SaturnFans. Charlie really has done the Saturn community some serious good! (I still remember how many years it took before he owned a Saturn!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #10
Bruno

Thumbs Up Re: Fun Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by john95SW2 View Post
I like what I've seen and read about the Fusion, interesting to hear info from someone who has driven one. Best of luck with your new ride!

Just a super quick review on the Fusion. (This IS a Saturn board.) The car has great build quallity. I was used to the large panel gaps on the Saturn and the Ford seems seriously tight because of that. It has more pickup than the SW2 had, but it definatly drinks the gas faster ! It has a TON more room and takes the corners faster. The AWD has been great in the rain and on the dirt roads. I really wish Saturn would have put AWD in the Aura ! The extra HP the Saturn Aura has would serve me well in the rarified air of Colorado. I am VERY happy with my purchase at this point. Last thing, I still reach for the controls like I did with the Saturn! 10 years of driving the same car makes it hard to break the habits! I cannot tell you how often I have tried to push in the clutch pedal to find it missing. Who knows, but in 10 years I may show up here with my new Saturn!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!