SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
urks1989
urks1989 is on a distinguished road

Default Storage Compartment Question

Does anyone know how to close the storage compartment to the left of the steering wheel (below the fog lamp switch)? Day 3 with my Aura XR and I cannot get the damn thing to close! I'm starting to think I'm an idiot or it's broken.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to urks1989's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help urks1989 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
urks1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2007, 10:53 PM   #2
gbech
gbech is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Storage Compartment Question

Mine opens randomly- haven't figured out what triggers it but it is kind of annoying

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gbech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gbech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gbech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
partyboy424
partyboy424 is on a distinguished road

It clicks shut. opens and closes just like the gas cover

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to partyboy424's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help partyboy424 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
partyboy424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
QualityIsHere
QualityIsHere is on a distinguished road

The Aura Team is now aware of this issue, do to recent spike in warranty data. We have started the formal process of obtaining a solution. If you experience a problem with maintaining the closed position, please take it back to the dealer and ask to have it returned to the Warranty Parts Center. The more defective bins we have, the easier to root cause the problem and implement a fix. The lack of closing on this storage bin was caused from a previous change to improve closing sound efforts. I assure you we will have a solid and robust storage bin design soon. Thanks for your feedback!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to QualityIsHere's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help QualityIsHere reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
QualityIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 AM   #5
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

"closing sound efforts" what does that mean?

Mine bin behaves normally. I keep my mailbox key and my work parking garage card in there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
urks1989
urks1989 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityIsHere View Post
The Aura Team is now aware of this issue, do to recent spike in warranty data. We have started the formal process of obtaining a solution. If you experience a problem with maintaining the closed position, please take it back to the dealer and ask to have it returned to the Warranty Parts Center. The more defective bins we have, the easier to root cause the problem and implement a fix. The lack of closing on this storage bin was caused from a previous change to improve closing sound efforts. I assure you we will have a solid and robust storage bin design soon. Thanks for your feedback!
Thanks for the clarification. The good news is that I was able to get the storage compartment door to close. I worked on the internal "catch" mechanism by using a flat-head screwdriver and a flashlight. It took a few minutes but I finally got it to close. It's a temporary solution though. I will be bringing the car into my dealer soon to have this fixed. It's a poor design imho...something to address in a future version of the Aura. I would suggest using the same locking mechanism as the glove box instead of the current flawed one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to urks1989's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help urks1989 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
urks1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
Jeffbx
Jeffbx is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I never had any problems closing mine, but now that someone else has mentioned it, it DOES seem to randomly pop open from time to time. I'll have to mention that next time I'm in for service.

I like that little bin - perfect place to store the Altoids!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeffbx's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeffbx reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jeffbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
pinyon
pinyon is on a distinguished road

I thought I was crazy so I thought I was hitting it with my knee when I got in. Maybe not after all.

2002 Bravada
2007 Aura XR

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
- Elbert Hubbard

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pinyon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pinyon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pinyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #9
billwill
billwill is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I've had my Aura XR for about 10 days / 300 miles now and haven't had any problem with the little door; it opens and closes fine. I keep the key to the alloy wheel locks in there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billwill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billwill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #10
QualityIsHere
QualityIsHere is on a distinguished road

First, I meant to say closing sound quality, not efforts. Second, the supplier was making slight adjustments to improve the quality of the closing sound, but it seems this resulted in inability to close, or keep closed. It will depend when you vehicle was built. If it was built between April and June, it will most likely have this problem because that is when the adjustments were being made. In any case, make sure you don't manually adjust the closing latch, instead return it to the dealer and have them replace the bin. Make sure you ask that they return the parts to the parts center. Thanks and happy driving!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to QualityIsHere's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help QualityIsHere reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
QualityIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:59 AM   #11
Patrick_97SC2
Advanced Member
Patrick_97SC2 is on a distinguished road

Quality, who are you? I highly doubt anyone from Corporate is going to be posting (monitoring yes but posting no) on this site and if the bin was something that the WPC wanted back for quality control, it would flag all those parts within a certain vin range as a failed part. Simply sending the part or requesting it to be sent back by the retailer won't do any good. It needs a WPC# for them to know what's going on.

Your best bet is to call Saturn Customer Assistance and log your concern with them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Patrick_97SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Patrick_97SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Patrick_97SC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #12
TechnoAura
TechnoAura is on a distinguished road

QualityIsHere,

Thanks for your comments and assistance. I recently spoke to a friend of mine who has been a Saturn technician for 14-years and he has seen this problem on the Auras. He even told me this same symptom occurred on a gentlemen's Aura XR at the time of delivery. It is nice to learn that there will be a resolution in the future.

Fellow Aura owners and enthusiasts, you may be interested to know that this same customer was a five-time Infinity owner prior to purchasing his XR and from what I have heard from some of the people at my local Saturn retailer, loves this car just as much. Strong!

2011 Buick Regal CXL RL2
Previous Saturns:
2007 Aura XE, Auto, Techno Grey with Grey Cloth
2005 Ion III, Manual, Black with Grey Leather
1999 SL2, Manual, Dark Blue with Grey Leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TechnoAura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TechnoAura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TechnoAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
rktek
rktek is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Bought mine in August of 2007, no problem with the storage bin staying closed. but did notice the problem on the Aura in the showroom yesterday.
Took a hard push to keep it closed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rktek's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rktek reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #14
SHNYROQ
SHNYROQ is on a distinguished road

Mine won't stay shut now... does anyone have any new info on this? I just bought the car, so any service is a ways off and I'd hate to take it in just for the door, but I may have to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SHNYROQ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SHNYROQ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SHNYROQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #15
TexJer78
TexJer78 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

Mine just started doing this today. I have had my car now for 9 months now and also the latch of the center console that covers the cup holders is sticking and won't always shut. Not a big deal. I am do for service in a week and will get it fixed then!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TexJer78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TexJer78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TexJer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #16
anitamet
anitamet is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I had this problem at delivery while my salesperson was going through the demonstration of the interior. He was quite embarrassed and had me schedule an appt. right there and then. Within a week it was replaced. The service manager said this was a known problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anitamet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anitamet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anitamet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #17
TexJer78
TexJer78 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

Just got mine back from the dealer last week. They fixed they problem...haven't had an issue since!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TexJer78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TexJer78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TexJer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #18
ronjohn
ronjohn is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2008 VUE 2.4L

mine pushes shut and pushes closed, just like the gas door thing. Should be an easy fix at the dealer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ronjohn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ronjohn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ronjohn is offline   Reply With Quote