SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
maestro
maestro is on a distinguished road

1997 SC1
Default expiermented to day on 97 sc1 horn replaced with honda horn,whadda ya think!

sc1 has three wires,,96 honda accord has only two wires honda has blue and black,,,sc1 has 2# blacks and one orange. when i bought,,,this thing since has sounded like a old chevrolet or cutless even a old plymonth,,,so i hit the junk yard up today,,,got the honda horn for like 5 bucks,,,took home put on matching the correct 2 wires of the three wire of the sc1 with the two wires for the honda horn and whaa-lah! the thing worked,,,no this is not a big accomplishment for maybe someof you more advanced saturn owners,,,guess im braggin cus i nfinally made this thing sound as good as it looks,,,the honda horn sound gives it more of a sports car horn sound ,,,kno what i mean,,,anyway it works and thats what i was aiming for ,,,any feed back! let me know!!! see ya! maestro

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to maestro's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help maestro reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: expiermented to day on 97 sc1 horn replaced with honda horn,whadda ya think!

You studied the wiring diagram before doing this, right? Well, then, you must know that the OEM horn has a built-in relay, and that the way you have the aftermarket horn wired, you're using the switch circuit to run the horn itself. How good do you feel about pumping that amount of current into the switches in the steering wheel, through a circuit designed to carry a small fraction of that current, and bundled with the wiring for the air bag?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote