SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
GMC53HO
GMC53HO is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn.com Locate A Vehicle...Useless

So I am interested in a Aura. I locate the nearby dealers on Saturn.com..I see there are 5 dealers near me. I click on Locate A Vehicle, enter 07 Aura information and all these cars show up at the dealer. So i take a ride to one of the dealers because it shows 8 Auras XRs on the lot. I see they had a Brown interior 07 that I wanted to see maybe even drive to help me decide. Well i get to the dealer and they have 1 XR that has black leather. Far cry from the 8 XRs the page showed.

I must say this Saturn internet inventory page really sucks. The last 6 cars my family has purchased we have used Gmbuypower.com to find the vehicle exactly how we wanted it on a dealers lot. Even on Gmbuypower it takes the Saturn vehicles and redirects you to the same Saturn page that is on the Saturn website. From experience the Gmbuypower setup for all other GM vehicles is much easier to use and it gives you a window sticker with all of the vehicle information. Why cant Saturn do this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GMC53HO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GMC53HO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GMC53HO is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Saturn.com Locate A Vehicle...Useless

Life is full of disappointments, isn't it? Why not just go to the retailer's page and do an inventory search? I've never found the corporate vehicle locators to be particularly accurate no matter whose badge is on the car. And I probably would have called ahead and talked to a sales rep before visiting. I don't place too much faith in the Internet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gerry Proctor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gerry Proctor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gerry Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
GMC53HO

It would be nice if my retailers had webpages none of the 5 do.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help GMC53HO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

You can't be serious. No web page for your local retailer. Where the heck do you live?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Gerry Proctor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
GMC53HO

Pittsburgh area

Well one dealer has a webpage, its tied into their mega center page but it is even more wothless than Saturns Locate a Vehicle. Heres why....

Saturn.com shows 4 XRs

2007 AURA XR
Ocean Mist, Black Cloth
MSRP* $24,995.00

2007 AURA XR Sedan
Ocean Mist, Black Leather
MSRP* $27,219.00

2007 AURA XR Sedan
Midnight Blue, Morocco Brown Leather
MSRP* $27,319.00

2007 AURA XR Sedan
Midnight Blue, Morocco Brown Leather
MSRP* $26,894.00

Now the retailer webpage shows this...

Page 1 of 1 with 5 matches.

2007 Saturn Aura XR 4dr Sedan
Stock Number: A71320
Model Number: ZZV69
Ocean mist
MSRP $46.00

Stock Number: A71326
White
MSRP $23.00

Stock Number: A71322
White
MSRP $46.00

Manager's DEMO SPECIAL
Stock Number: A70509
Midnight Blue
MSRP $27,019.00

Stock Number: A70969
Berry red
MSRP $28,563.00

Now if i can get a new XR for $23.00 Id take it but i really dont want white but for $23 bucks ill live with it.

I really think Saturn or its dealers need to be more serious in their web pages to become more competitive today. I know a lot of people who look online like, like myself, before driving 30 miles or so to the closest dealer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #6
Gerry Proctor
Master Member

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line

It's not just Saturn, though Saturn seems to excel from the corporate page with inaccurate information. I was interested in a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited a while back. Their inventory search reflected vehicles that for sure were not in stock. Again, never trust the Interweb. It takes a human to update the information and humans are notoriously bad with menial tasks like that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-24-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Yeah, locate a vehicle is VERY inaccurate. We went to our local BMW dealer to test drive the 335xi. The dealer site said they had a silver one which was equipped with the options we would want. So we get there. Salesman tells us they only have one 335xi( site said 3) which was in green which only had iDrive and a few other options. But, he showed us incoming cars that haven't arrived at the dealer. There it was. The silver 335xi we saw on the website. So it hasn't arrived at the dealer at the time we visited. So maybe that is the case with the Aura's as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
zielinab
zielinab is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

Sorry this worked out longer than I was planning, but here goes...

As he said, the Buypower locator is pretty accurate for the other GM brands- they just haven't integrated Saturn into it properly yet*. The only problem I have with it (and the Saturn version too), is that I would like it to be a little more specific in the search options, and less specific with the dealers. As in, I only want to see the exact combination of blue, XR(or whatever trim for the brand you're after), with sunroof, anywhere within 100 miles. As is, your have to choose a dealer to search, and then it spits out anything close, if that dealer has one. If they don't have what you want, you have to back up, select another dealer, etc.

[edit]*I just looked again at the Buypower site, and their Saturn search seems to work just like the other divisions now. You can view the window stickers of all the search results. Can you try that one and see if it helps you any more than Saturn's?[/edit]

You used to be able to "build" one online, and then search for the configuration you just built. The results would be horrible- you'd get all the cars that were blue (no matter what trim or options), all the "LT"s no matter what color or options, and all the ones with sunroofs. Now it looks like you just pick a trim level and it shows you all of the ones they have at that dealer.

When we bought our last two Chevys the dealer showed me their internal inventory system where you can narrow down to the exact vehicle by individual option, color, etc and search greater distances too. It went something like this:

Me: "I want a particular vehicle with certain options. I couldn't find one on the web. The other Chevy dealer said there weren't any around but if I sat down and made a deal, they'd see if they could look harder"
Him: "What?! that's silly. What did you need?"
Me: "Venture. W-B. AWD. Blue, Black, or Red, tow package. 6-disc changer would be great if it's in one, but no big deal"
Them: "Ok, here are 12 of them, closest ones are up in VA, which one do you want?"
Me: "I'll take that one."

Would be nice if they had some of that functionality in the consumer accessible searches. It would have taken me days of plugging in different zip codes, selecting dealers, and generally screwing around with the website.

My local retailers (x3) have web pages that appear to share an inventory search system. Now that one is worthless. For the longest time they didn't have Outlook on it. The handful of Outlooks they had showed up as "2007 Saturn" (with no model) or as Vues or Relays, with 4spd Auto as the trans, colors like "silver plum" and all kinds of other inconsistencies (and it's still like that, see below). I don't recall exactly, but I think they may have done the same thing when the Auras first came out. I don't understand why it's so hard to get the sites updated- especially when, as someone pointed out, a lot of people check the Internet first before they go shopping.

The search from the Saturn website, however, seems pretty worthless- You're right about that. The results are a list of vehicles with a price, and links to email the dealer for a quote or a test drive. At least they give you a VIN and a brief summary of the options (though it's not 100% accurate either.)

Here's one I just looked up, and the info from Buypower, Saturn.com, and saturnofraleigh.com, respectively:

Buypower:
Quote:
Vehicle: 2007 OUTLOOK
Selected Style: OUTLOOK AWD XR
VIN: 5GZEV33757J125936
Exterior: White Diamond Tricoat
Interior: Gray
MSRP: $38,679.00

* OUTLOOK AWD XR
* ENGINE, 3.6L VVT V6
* TRANSMISSION, 6 SPEED AUTO
* White Diamond Tricoat
* Gray

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $31,555.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
POWER LIFTGATE
ULTRASONIC REAR PARK ASSIST
REMOTE START
HEATED WINDSHIELD WIPER FLUID
115 VOLT POWER OUTLET
$ 1,045.00
TOURING PACKAGE:
19" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
19" ALL SEASON TIRES
DUAL EXHAUST W/ CHROME TIPS
$ 895.00
ADVANCED AUDIO PACKAGE:
AUDIO CONTROLS, REAR SEAT
W/ EARPHONE JACKS
AUDIO SYSTEM, SPEAKER PREMIUM
SOUND
$ 510.00
PREMIUM TRIM PACKAGE:
LEATHER APPOINTED SEATS,
FIRST AND SECOND ROWS
HEATED FRONT SEATS
$ 1,275.00
ULTRA PREMIUM PAINT
$ 745.00
ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD
2 HEADPHONES
$ 1,295.00
TRAILERING PACKAGE:
COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
TRAILER HITCH - FACTORY
INSTALLED
$ 425.00
XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE
FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
$ 199.00
TOTAL OPTIONS $6,389.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $37,944.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $38,679.00
Saturn.com's search:
Quote:

2007 OUTLOOK AWD
SCHEDULE TEST DRIVE
CHECK RETAILER'S PRICE

White Diamond Tricoat, Gray Leather

MSRP* $38,679.00

VIN: 5GZEV33757J125936

Touring Package, DVD entertainment system, Advanced Audio Package, Trailering Package, XM Satellite Radio, Convenience Package XE

saturnofraleigh.com:
Quote:
MSRP* $38679.00
VIN 5GZEV33757J125936
Stock number K7569
Exterior Color PURPLE
Engine
Transmission 4 Speed Automatic
Options RESTRAINT SENSOR,SEAT RR SPLIT BACK,Remote Vehicle Start,SEAT FRT BKT, DELUXE,Front & Rear Floor M,TRAY LOAD FLOOR,Certification Emissi,LEATHER TRIMMED SEAT,ABS BRAKES,Engine 3.6L DOHC V6,Transmission, Auto.,LTHR WRAP STER WHL,FED EMISSION,Rear Spoiler,Premium Trim Package,Advanced Audio Packa,Touring/Trailering P,Convenience Pkg.,Processing Option-Pr,Front Fog Lamps,Digital Audio System,DVD Entertainment Pk,VIDEO FORMAT,VEHICLE STATEMENT,Trailering Provision,SPRING FRONT BASE,SPRING REAR BASE,Discount Option Pack,XR Pkg,SUSPENSION
You would think they would have figured out a way to make at least one of them not suck so bad- if not all three. You can see that Buypower at least presents the most useful information, but like I said, you can't search specifically enough.

TZ
(sorry for the excessive verbage)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zielinab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zielinab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zielinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #9
GMC53HO

Atleast im not the only one that has noticed this...

zielinab... Gmbuypower has really been easy for us to find out chevys, gmcs, and pontiacs. We found my dads Duramax with the exact options we wanted out in York, PA (4 hrs away)and had it sent here for us. Its just frustrating to look online and waste your time. I guess when it comes time to buy my Aura ill have to drive to each dealer to see what they have and chances are ill end up ordering one.

2005 GMC Sierra Z71

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielinab View Post
Would be nice if they had some of that functionality in the consumer accessible searches. It would have taken me days of plugging in different zip codes, selecting dealers, and generally screwing around with the website.
I agree. It would be nice to 1) be able to see inventories with options and colors for each car, and 2) be able to search for a particular car and see which retailers have it. I don't think retailers would like us to have the second option. They would rather you buy from them and go a dealer trade if necessary.

2008 BMW 328i
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Past Saturns: 97 SL2, 01 SC2, 04 VUE, 08 Astra, 02 L200.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC53HO View Post
So I am interested in a Aura. I locate the nearby dealers on Saturn.com..I see there are 5 dealers near me. I click on Locate A Vehicle, enter 07 Aura information and all these cars show up at the dealer. So i take a ride to one of the dealers because it shows 8 Auras XRs on the lot. I see they had a Brown interior 07 that I wanted to see maybe even drive to help me decide. Well i get to the dealer and they have 1 XR that has black leather. Far cry from the 8 XRs the page showed.

I must say this Saturn internet inventory page really sucks. The last 6 cars my family has purchased we have used Gmbuypower.com to find the vehicle exactly how we wanted it on a dealers lot. Even on Gmbuypower it takes the Saturn vehicles and redirects you to the same Saturn page that is on the Saturn website. From experience the Gmbuypower setup for all other GM vehicles is much easier to use and it gives you a window sticker with all of the vehicle information. Why cant Saturn do this?
The problem we have here in my neck of the woods is that the locator shows "undelivered" cars, and does not take into account a sold vehicle. As a sold vehicle may not -- in the end -- get delivered, GM does not take the car off until it is registered as sold -- which may take up to a week.

If your system is similar to ours, this may be the issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #12
zallen777
Advanced Member
zallen777 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XR

The reason I feel it is SUBSTANTIALLY MORE IMPORTANT for Saturn to get their stuff together on internet shopping is because they are at a complete disadvantage against ALL their competitors as far as retail outlets go.
As in, inconvenient and a lack of them.

They do not have the luxury of slacking off in this area and yet?????????

[url]http://www.zallenmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://zallenart.googlepages.com[/url]

2007 Aura XE
2007 AuraXR
05 Vue 5 spd manual
03 ION 3 Sedan Cranberry
03 ION 2 Sedan Black
99 SC2 Blkberry
95 SC2 Red

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zallen777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zallen777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zallen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #13
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the "locate a vehicle" tool around here leaves much to be desired.

It's done through GM Canada. Even the individual dealer web pages (the ones that have them anyway) aren't particularly accurate.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #14
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr weather View Post
Yeah, the "locate a vehicle" tool around here leaves much to be desired.

It's done through GM Canada. Even the individual dealer web pages (the ones that have them anyway) aren't particularly accurate.
Ya, I've had customers tell me that we have a specific vehicle, and in reality, it was delivered two weeks ago.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturncanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #15
gbech
gbech is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Haha- my Aura that I have owned for 3 weeks is still on the dealerships site....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gbech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gbech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gbech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Haha, the AURA that I got wasn't even listed in the dealer's inventory!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #17
TexJer78
TexJer78 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

I really think Saturn should step up their game, but I used there website moreso to weed out alot of stuff. I love using the internet dept at my dealership. I put in the trim options that i wanted, and then the internet sales guy gave me a call and told me what they had. I put the search in on Saturday night, got a call on Monday, went and picked my car up on Thursday.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TexJer78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TexJer78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TexJer78 is offline   Reply With Quote