SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2007, 05:14 AM   #1
elman109
elman109 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Dizzy 04 ion passlock reset

can anybody tell me the correct way to reset passlock on a 04 ion. tryed to replace ign. switch but would not start. read a lot of threads about 03 ion's just want to be sure which passlock reset to use.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to elman109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help elman109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
elman109 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 04 ion passlock reset

Perhaps by suggesting some things and bumping your thread up at the same time will attract the attention of the Ion techs/owners.

1-Is the starter quiet when the ignition key is turned to the START position?

2-When starting does the starter turn without the engine firing?

3-Passlock may/maynot work the same for every model. When the ignition key is turned to the ON/RUN position does the Passlock indicator light up then turn off?

4-During START does the Passlock indicator stay on or off? If it stays on or flashes then you'll have to go through the procedures to reset the Passlock anti-theft system. It should be in a post or if we share the same Passlock system (mine's a L300) then leaving the key in the ON/RUN position for 10-minutes will have the flashing Passlock indicator stay on indicating it reset then either you turn off the ignition and then re-start or just turn to START.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Passlock relearn is the same for 03 and 04. You need to do the 30 minute one.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
elman109

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: 04 ion passlock reset

thank you for your help going to retry it again in a couple days my local saturn dealerships wanted 135.00 to do this.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help elman109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
elman109

2004 ION-2 Sedan

the full story is that this thing will not crank at times (starter may no noise) it is my daughter car. this problem has been ongoing for about 1 year after she lets it set for 10-15 min. it will restart she has had all the other things checked battery etc. she says the passlock light is not on when it is doing it. so i had her get a new ign switch from the dealership i removed the steering wheel cover replaced the switch and when i tryed to start it turned over maybe 2 times and stopped and the passlock light stayed on so i called a friend that works at a chevy dealership and he said the passlock needs reset so i reinstalled old switch to she could drive the car over the weekend going to retry come monday. that is why i am needing to know how to reset the passlock with out spending 135.00 at dealership.

thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
CrewCab
Advanced Member
CrewCab will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
1996 SL2

After replacing the ignition switch...

Turn the key and attempt to start the car, it won't. It should just crank once.
Wait 10 minutes. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" during that 10 minute span.
After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again.
Wait another 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, turn car off 10 seconds and try to start again.
Wait another 10 minutes.
It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CrewCab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CrewCab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CrewCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #7
elman109

2004 ION-2 Sedan

thank you all, replaced switch relearn passlock car started up
i hope ign. switch fixed problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
E30LUV
E30LUV is on a distinguished road

I got a 06 ION and im in the process of trying to reset the passlock.

While in the process of waiting 10min, the Passlock light does not Flash, It is on solid. Is there something else I should address?

Thanks,
zach

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to E30LUV's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help E30LUV reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
E30LUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
06_Ion2
06_Ion2 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30LUV View Post
I got a 06 ION and im in the process of trying to reset the passlock.

While in the process of waiting 10min, the Passlock light does not Flash, It is on solid. Is there something else I should address?

Thanks,
zach
It will appear solid and or flash.. After the period of time turn the key to the off position and try to restart. if that didnt work try in 3-5 minutes.

VISIT MY CARDOMAIN --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2259877
s256 turbo, vulcan intake, exedy clutch, 8.9:1, camed, eagle rods, 2.4 tb, B&G coilovers, patriot head, stage 2 axels 418whp 2.2 :)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 06_Ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 06_Ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
06_Ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
mr.
mr. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCab View Post
After replacing the ignition switch...

Turn the key and attempt to start the car, it won't. It should just crank once.
Wait 10 minutes. The passlock light should be flashing and the DIC will say "Service Vehicle" during that 10 minute span.
After 10 minutes has passed, turn off the car, count to 10, and try to start it again.
Wait another 10 minutes.
Wait another 10 minutes.
It should start up this time. The passlock has been learned.
I have seen a few different procedures. One says turn switch to acc or power after turning the key to run. This is the process posted above is what worked for me. Turn the key to run or start. I did a a 2 count hold and then let go. Just let go that is the position the key needs to sit for 10min. Do not turn the key back until the light stops flashing. took about 6 time trying different procedures. A time or two my phone alarm would go off at 9 min. So I could be there at 10min to see the lock light stop blinking. I was not thinking and turned the key off at 9 min when alarm went off. Had to start the process again

Mine is 03 ion1

I replaced the ignition switch. Purchased from chevy dealer for 45 something pretax. Was not much more than aftermarket ones Online and I had it that day. And it is genuine gmail part

Thanks mike

Last edited by mr.; 09-06-2013 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: fix

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr. is offline   Reply With Quote