SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
XxSaturnSC2xX
XxSaturnSC2xX is on a distinguished road

Default paint code help

where in the heck is the paint code located on a 1994 SC2??? I've looked everywhere on it and can't find it!! Or if someone could tell me my paint code..the only way i can explain it is teal...or blue/green.. on a 94

anyone?

thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XxSaturnSC2xX's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XxSaturnSC2xX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XxSaturnSC2xX is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
stang50
stang50 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1
Default Re: paint code help

Have you looked in the trunk on the piece of cardboard above the spare tire?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to stang50's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help stang50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
stang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
XxSaturnSC2xX

everywhere BUT there might i add. lmao, ill check, thanks. btw stang50 i have a 2000 GT..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help XxSaturnSC2xX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
stang50

1997 SL1

Yeah I just got through painting a front left fender and a aftermarket wing for my 97 SL1 and thats where I found mine. I've got an 89 GT and currently trying paint it. I'm having trouble keeping the dust particles out of my paint job but this is my baby and I'm gonna take my time...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help stang50 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
XxSaturnSC2xX

yea how are you going to keep the dust out of it, i need advice with that too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
stang50

1997 SL1

Well I've got one of those old siphon type sprayers so I'm just gonna have to deal with it since the gravity feed ones are so high...I'm sure the gravity feed ones are better...So, I was reading a old mustang book about project white trash where they repainted an old mustang, and they said to wash all the walls down in the shop, spray thinner through the paint gun before painting to get all the old paint out, and hose down floor of the shop with water to dampen any dust that might be there...Also I'm gonna try a few other things like washing the whole car to get the dust off it where I have been sanding it and let it dry, then wipe the part I'm painting with paint thinner to get the dust that may have settled while I am taping it...I may also call my cousin (he paints cars) and see if he knows anything else to do. One guy told me to be sure to sand it where you paint it because of the contaminants that are on the car because the paint will surely crack. I found this out on a plastic bumper I bought already primed and ready to go so I painted it and it surely cracked..Good luck..We both gonna need it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
XxSaturnSC2xX

yea, ill try all of the above.

WA9998
^anyone know if thats the paint code for my color?^ i can look tomorow, just wondering if anyone knew offhand..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #8
stang50

1997 SL1

Looks like it, mine is wa-9554 sierra red. Take it to the place you're gettin the paint...They should know what to do with it...My people use a book...Dont know about the color, maybe someone else in here will know that. Later, let us know how it turns out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #9
XxSaturnSC2xX

ok i will. btw do you have AIM? or anyone that knows alot about saturns have AIM?

my sn is XxMustang281xX if anyone does.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:46 PM   #10
mgordon1100
mgordon1100 will become famous soon enough

1997 SC2

WA9998

That's the paint code for Aquamarine. I googled this "WA9998 saturn" and up it came.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mgordon1100's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mgordon1100 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mgordon1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #11
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

paintscratch.com has a nifty paint code finder.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
stang50

1997 SL1

Anybody in here know a better way to keep the dust particles out of the paint?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
mgordon1100
mgordon1100 will become famous soon enough

1997 SC2

You can create an anti-static field around the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mgordon1100's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mgordon1100 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mgordon1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #14
hsv sc2
hsv sc2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

Paint booths are nice too. If you're military or know some one who is you can rent a paint booth on post for a day or week and shoot it in there. You can also rent sprayers.

Otherwise think about running a fan to pressurize the area you're in. Positive pressure will keep additional dust out. Used to build a "shower curtain" of platic dropcloths Make sure these are new or you end up wiping the whole thing down with thinner again! You can also look at what some funiture folks do before they spray finish. Similar situation, as dust messes with wood finsh as well. If you're particular, or using a dark color, plan on at least a few more coats, fine sanding the finish, rubbing down with thinner and recoating. Many thin coats work better than a single heavy coat. All the work is worth it when that new deep color shows up on your car. Don't forget the same is even more true for those last three coats of clearcoat. Powerbuffing with very fine polishing compound works great, but use no pressure unless you like swirls Final between coat sand should be very fine polishing compound by hand, and a rubdown with thinner. Eastwood has a lot of paint tips at their website if you want to Google it.

Important to check the weather....humidity can really the finish

Best of luck....takes patience to paint it right but its worth it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hsv sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hsv sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hsv sc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:34 AM   #15
billcuff
billcuff has a spectacular aura aboutbillcuff has a spectacular aura about

1999 SW2

The dust in the air is not so much as the cloth you use. After you sand, use what is called tack cloth. Don't be cheap, use as much as you need . Then use a quality DISPOSABLE wiper when you are in the final prep stage. The solvent is called Prepsol and it will breakdown any wiper that has a man made fiber included. That is your rayon and poly blends. The wiper needs to be as lint free as possible. The brand name product is called Sontara and is made by Dupont. There is a better alternative wiper named Prematex.

Don't use cloth, don't use a "Bounty like" product, don't use tissue paper. Use a quality wiper which is what a good body shop does.

This message comes to you from a person in the wiper business whose company sells to thousands of body shops in America and is leader in the wiper industry.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billcuff's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billcuff reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billcuff is offline   Reply With Quote