SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 10:26 AM   #1
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up Happy Fourth To All

Another Fourth of July weekend approaches, and this year's holiday takes on a special meaning. 226 years later, the ideals our Fore Fathers put forth in founding this great nation haven't changed much, which is probably why some admire us and others hate us. Freedom and liberty isn't something you pay for once and keep forever; the price to preserve them is often higher than the initial cost. Our willingness to pay that price, sometimes for the sake of others, is why the beacon that is the United States of America shines brightest of all. This country isn't perfect, but if there's a better one out there, it's a well-kept secret.

That being said, I'd like to wish all my fellow SaturnFans a happy, healthy and safe Fourth of July.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2002, 10:37 AM   #2
thesaturnvue
thesaturnvue is on a distinguished road

Here's my 4th of July quote:

Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.
_Adlai Stevenson, Jr.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thesaturnvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thesaturnvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Happy Fourth to you as well!

I'll be spending tomorrow night working, helping to maintain the value of the 60 cent per share company that I work for! I'm just waiting for my boss to say, "Uh, yeeaah, hi, it's me again, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on the weekend as well. And if you could be here by 6 am, that'd be grrreat!" LOL!

Be safe, be responsible, and I hope everyone has a great holiday!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:13 AM   #4
NoDents
NoDents is on a distinguished road

Have a safe and happy 4th everyone!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NoDents's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NoDents reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:21 AM   #5
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

To be safe on the fourth, don't drink a fifth on the third.

Happy Holiday to All and God Bless America.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 12:21 PM   #6
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Happy

Happy Fourth for all too!

How many will be driving out instead of staying in town for the holidays?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 12:53 PM   #7
RedRockerL300
RedRockerL300 is on a distinguished road

Happy Fourth to all. I like that line BOBL, LOL. That is good.

We'll be staying in town. Hanging out by the pool eating hot dogs, hamburgers with my wife's family.

Erik

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedRockerL300's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedRockerL300 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:07 PM   #8
CelticShadow
CelticShadow is on a distinguished road

Hmmm........staying by the pool doesn't sound like a half bad idea. Happy 4th everyone!!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CelticShadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CelticShadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:44 PM   #9
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally posted by qlara
Happy Fourth for all too!

How many will be driving out instead of staying in town for the holidays?
I'll be heading to Upstate New York. My brother's got a place right on Lake George, and I want to check out a few of the Revolutionary War historical sights.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 04:28 PM   #10
WeeeZer14
Advanced Member
WeeeZer14 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Happy 4th everybody!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WeeeZer14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WeeeZer14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 05:08 PM   #11
CelticShadow
CelticShadow is on a distinguished road

I'd love to go out of town for the 4th. Unfortunately, I still have to work on Friday

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CelticShadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CelticShadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 06:13 PM   #12
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

I'm heading to the office for a few hours and going to be sitting here in the morning working on a paper. The evening is free - but I also work Friday - so no fun for me.

I would have liked to go out of town, but the wife is up in
Alaf---gbama & I don't like to leave the cat alone before my normal 3 week vacation.

We should all be more vigilant and aware of our surroundings this Fourth and enjoy the holiday safely while reflecting on all the surreal things that have taken place over the past year and be thankful that we are still here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 06:37 PM   #13
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

America's birthday is going to be a scorcher in most places, including the NY metro area, but then again, it's summer; it's supposed to be 95 degrees outside.

I have to work on Friday, but to all those with an extra-long weekend, enjoy the 4th and don't go crazy from the heat!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #14
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Happy Fourth to everyone! Enjoy and appreciate.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 10:21 PM   #15
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Enjoy and Be Safe!

Have a happy and safe Fourth of July. Have fun, but be careful... and don't drink and drive.

Enjoy!
Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-03-2002, 11:31 PM   #16
teal95sl1
teal95sl1 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Have a fun fourth!

I'm gonna get up and spend a few good hours in the sun washing and detailing the Satty and taking some new pics of it now that I have my rims and wing on it..

then hopefully off to see some fireworks somewhere..

Dawn
05 FWD V6 Vue "Dragonfly"
PastSaturns:
01YellowSC2&95AquaSL1
www.outerringperformance.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teal95sl1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teal95sl1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:22 PM   #17
cookitup
cookitup is on a distinguished road

Well, I'll be working tonight, and then tomorrow morning, however Happy Fourth to all!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cookitup's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cookitup reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:30 PM   #18
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

Just took the Canadian flag down which was up for Canada Day and ran up the Stars and Bars for the 4 th.

Happy holiday to our good friends and neighbours.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-04-2002, 02:54 PM   #19
piratepress
Advanced Member
piratepress is on a distinguished road

Yep, I'm having to work on the 4th also but at least I have Friday and Sunday off! At any rate, lets indeed hope for a happy and healthy Independence Day and thanks again to each and everyone of you for all the help.

2006 Ion Redline- GMPP Stage 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piratepress's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piratepress reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-05-2002, 04:35 PM   #20
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Well, at least I've got the weekend off! As it turns out, work didn't stop me from enjoying the day yesterday. A friend from work took us out on Lake Wallenpaupack in his boat, and we spent the day on the lake and watched the fireworks from his boat last night. That was pretty cool...some people were swimming, windsurfing, kayaking, etc., which looked like fun but with all the idiots on the lake drinking beer and then opening up the throttle on their speedboats I don't know how safe I'd feel doing that. At least the patrol boats were out in full force!

Of course, I still had to work last night...I got in to work after the fireworks, but I wasn't exactly in any shape to be productive and I have to admit that I fell asleep for a little while...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread