SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
sammyrn
sammyrn is on a distinguished road

Dizzy tune up on a 2003 Saturn ion sedan

Hi I recently purchased a 2003 Saturn ion but I find that it is hard on gaz. My dad is a mechanic and he wants to know where the plugs are on the engine cause i can't tell where the plugs are or the wires. Also i would like to know how to check the transmission oil on this car any information would be helpful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sammyrn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sammyrn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sammyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
Nismo
Nismo is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: tune up on a 2003 Saturn ion sedan

The spark plugs should be under the engine cover. I think if your dad has been a mechanic for a while, he should know that. I've opened the hood to my Ion once, saw the engine cover, and figure the plugs and wires are hidden under there.

As for the transmission, is it a 5spd or atx? Most 5spds don't have a dip stick to check the tranny fluid. The atx should however. Just look around for it. Most likely will have a yellow handle. But I don't know. Like I said, I've popped my hood once. (only had the car a month anyway)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nismo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nismo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
saturnjohnny
saturnjohnny is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrn View Post
Hi I recently purchased a 2003 Saturn ion but I find that it is hard on gaz. My dad is a mechanic and he wants to know where the plugs are on the engine cause i can't tell where the plugs are or the wires. Also i would like to know how to check the transmission oil on this car any information would be helpful.
how many miles? the ION motor has plugs good for 100,000. and most cars don't have plug wires or a distributor anymore. you can't just fiddle under the hood to figgure out what's wrong. anyways, how bad on 'gaz' is it? most problems w/ 'gaz' consumption has to do w/ driving style. if there isn't a check engine light on, then there prob aint nothing wrong with yer car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnjohnny's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnjohnny reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
ottmwz_finest
Advanced Member
ottmwz_finest is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ht=spark+plugs

hundred miles an hour switching lanes like WHOA

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ottmwz_finest's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ottmwz_finest reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ottmwz_finest is offline   Reply With Quote