SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
logbite
logbite is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
Default Outlook vs Acadia

Out driving today I saw an Acadia. The driver looked at our Outlook and seemed jealous/ashamed at the same time! There is a real difference in styling,and Outlook wins hands-down. I have yet to see an enclave, but, if they are like the Acadia, the reaction will be the same.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to logbite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help logbite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
logbite is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Outlook vs Acadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbite View Post
Out driving today I saw an Acadia. The driver looked at our Outlook and seemed jealous/ashamed at the same time! There is a real difference in styling,and Outlook wins hands-down. I have yet to see an enclave, but, if they are like the Acadia, the reaction will be the same.
Acadia looks too much like every other GMC SUV, in my opinion. The one cool feature I'm slightly envious of in the upscale version of the Acadia is the Heads Up Display on the windshield. Otherwise, I don't like looks as much, outside or interior. I also think Outlook wins hands down.

I have seen an Enclave on the street, but I admit a real bias against anything with a Buick badge, so I can't be objective.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
mikedege
mikedege is on a distinguished road

I like the front-end of the Saturn, and the taillights of the Acadia. I think that would be the perfect combo.

imo, Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikedege's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikedege reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikedege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
machem
machem is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

The Acadia has LED taillights (right?). Man, I want those.

Other than that, the Outlook is way better.

Cheers

2007 XR FWD Ocean Mist
EBSR (Everything but sunroof).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
skydrive
skydrive is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY

I find the interior of the Acadia to be more stylish than the Outlook, especially the two-tone brick leather/black trim color combo. However, I much prefer the Outlook's exterior styling. Too bad you can't mix & match!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to skydrive's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help skydrive reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
skydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
SaturnPlanet
SaturnPlanet is on a distinguished road

When I have customers who have cross-shopped the two, those who choose Outlook usually do it for exterior styling and options combos/price.

We know more about what is less than ourselves, and less about what is more than ourselves.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnPlanet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnPlanet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
lordkosc
lordkosc is on a distinguished road

my neighbor has an outlook, I sorta like the tail lights as they are... I'll have to google the Acadia tail lights....

08 Mazda 6 ? 08 Vue Hybrid ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lordkosc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lordkosc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lordkosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:16 PM   #8
twosaturns
Master Member
twosaturns will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have yet to see an enclave, but, if they are like the Acadia
the buick is COMPLETELY different, much more swoopy. I can't wait to see what the chevy one will be like, but usually the chevys are the same as GMCs.

for the first time in 8 years, I don't own a saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to twosaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help twosaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
twosaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
mkaresh
Advanced Member
mkaresh is on a distinguished road

The transactions prices of all three end up about the same when equipped the same. But you often cannot equip them the same unless they're all loaded. So, depending on which features you want one can end up cheaper than the others.

I've driven the Acadia with the HUD, it is a nice feature.

truedelta.com -- need more Saturns!
More useful reliability information -- first info on Aura and Outlook
Price comparisons, quick and thorough

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mkaresh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mkaresh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mkaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #10
DeMAN
Advanced Member
DeMAN is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
I've driven the Acadia with the HUD, it is a nice feature.

Being a Pontiac GP owner for 10 years, I agree. This was the one option I missed on our 06 TL; but wait, I still have the 97 GTP and the HUD still works fine

DeMAN

95 SC2
97 Grand Prix GTP
06 Acura TL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DeMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DeMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DeMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #11
puckalicious
puckalicious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
The transactions prices of all three end up about the same when equipped the same.
I have to disagree. When I shopped between Outlook & Acadia, my Outlook was about $1500 less with same options. Looking briefly at the Enclave pricing and options, it seems that an Outlook w/options that the base Enclave has would be about $2000-$2500 less. So unless you consider $1000-$2000 cheaper "about the same", car dealers must love selling to you!

I do think the Enclave is worth the extra money. It is absolutely beautiful inside & out. Acadia/Outlook are way too similar in styling and something GM really needs to stop doing. Here's to hoping that the Traverse will be properly differentiated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to puckalicious's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help puckalicious reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
puckalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 PM   #12
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

I've been warming up to the Outlook's styling. It doesn't have much of a protrudung back bumper. Anyone bumped anything yet?

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:14 AM   #13
puckalicious
puckalicious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
I've been warming up to the Outlook's styling. It doesn't have much of a protrudung back bumper. Anyone bumped anything yet?
I have the rear-parking assist (first car with it) and I get scared when I hear the beeping, so I usually leave too much room! First beep seems to give about 4 feet of clearance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to puckalicious's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help puckalicious reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
puckalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #14
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Nope. Not with the ultrasonic rear parking assist. I wait until 3 lights and then some more and I still have a foot a space. It's great.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #15
boone
boone is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
1997 SL2
Dazed Re: Outlook vs Acadia

We have an Acadia on order. My main reason for choosing it over the Outlook is to get 2nd row captain's chairs with no ugly fake wood interior. Wish Saturn wasn't pushing that stuff. GM should let the customer pick and choose from all of the available features, instead of having to pick a certain trim level to get feature X.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to boone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help boone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:51 PM   #16
MrBiz
MrBiz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boone View Post
We have an Acadia on order. My main reason for choosing it over the Outlook is to get 2nd row captain's chairs with no ugly fake wood interior. Wish Saturn wasn't pushing that stuff. GM should let the customer pick and choose from all of the available features, instead of having to pick a certain trim level to get feature X.
I happen to like what you call "ugly fake wood interior" more than I like the interior of the Acadia. But I don't call the Acadia interior ugly. Good luck with your car.

Biz

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD
2004 Saturn ION 2
1996 Saturn SL 2
1992 Saturn SL 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MrBiz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MrBiz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MrBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #17
boone
boone is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
1997 SL2
Heart Re: Outlook vs Acadia

I meant no offense calling it "ugly fake wood." It's a personal opinion...some people must like it or they wouldn't put it in cars. My point was that I wish Saturn wouldn't force it on a potential buyer. If I could've gotten an Outlook with 2nd row captains chairs and an XE interior, I probably would have bought one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to boone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help boone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:38 AM   #18
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boone View Post
I meant no offense calling it "ugly fake wood." It's a personal opinion...some people must like it or they wouldn't put it in cars. My point was that I wish Saturn wouldn't force it on a potential buyer. If I could've gotten an Outlook with 2nd row captains chairs and an XE interior, I probably would have bought one.
LIke you said, it's a matter of personal opinion. I happen to agree with Mr. Biz. I hated the less upscale look of the XE interior. The Acadia interior looked just like it. Ugh! I found the Outlook XR interior very nice and pleasing to the eye!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #19
machem
machem is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

To be fair, "ugly fake wood" is exactly what I'd have called it if I didn't like it. I don't mind it (it's not that I like it). And yes, it's in my Outlook.

Kind of like that ugly, anachronistic wiper stalk.

Cheers

2007 XR FWD Ocean Mist
EBSR (Everything but sunroof).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to machem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help machem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
machem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #20
rysamem
rysamem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please, you really think he seemed jealous/ashamed? Hardly. My guess is you were looking for that kind of response and would have interpreted any reaction as that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rysamem's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rysamem reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rysamem is offline   Reply With Quote