saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General

Old 10-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
3 Rings
3 Rings is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
2007 SKY Red Line
Default OnStar Module (VCIM)

Does anyone know where the VCIM is located? I may have found a way to add OEM Bluetooth to my '08, but will need to swap out the VCIM to do so. It will be a plug and play swap out. If it is not too difficult to access I may do it.
3 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Way2QWK
Way2QWK is on a distinguished road

Default Re: OnStar Module (VCIM)

VCIM is behind the glove box. Do you plan to put a different module in or just remove it to gain access. Are you aware that each VCIM is unique to a specific vehicle? They cant be swapped from other cars. Here is a bulletin regarding....

#PIT4864A: Adding Bluetooth Option RPO UPF Or UWE - (Nov 11, 2009)

Models: 2007-2010 All Passenger Car and Trucks

Condition/Concern:
Technical assistance has received several calls from dealers requesting assistance to upfit their vehicle to include the Bluetooth feature RPO UPF or UWE

Recommendation/Instructions:
There are no provisions to up-fit vehicles with this option. This feature is ONLY available on vehicles built with option UPF, UWE or offered within an equipment option group (i.e LTZ or SLE type package).

Please do not call Technical Assistance, PARTECH or Techline Customer Support Centers with questions on how to add this feature
***Saturn Tech and owner of Planet Automotive in Tucson AZ. Specializing in Saturn repairs.

94 SW2- custom intake and ported throttle body
2003 Saturn Vue 3.0 v6
Way2QWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
3 Rings

2008 AURA XR
2007 SKY Red Line

Hello Way2QWK!

Thanks for the info as well as where the module is located. Is it as simple as removal of the glove box and "there it is"?

I have been in contact with a vendor that has been successful in programming new VCIMs to add Bluetooth functionality to the Sky/Solstice and a few other late model GMs (G5, HHR, Cadillac STS). He is looking into whether or not it will work in the Aura and should know on Friday.

If it does work, it will be plug and play.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Rings View Post
Hello Way2QWK!

Thanks for the info as well as where the module is located. Is it as simple as removal of the glove box and "there it is"?

I have been in contact with a vendor that has been successful in programming new VCIMs to add Bluetooth functionality to the Sky/Solstice and a few other late model GMs (G5, HHR, Cadillac STS). He is looking into whether or not it will work in the Aura and should know on Friday.

But do you plan to use Onstar as well? What he is saying is that Onstar cannot link to your vehicle if you do. It will show th vehicle it came out of.
2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
3 Rings

2008 AURA XR
2007 SKY Red Line

For clarification: It will be a new module that is VIN coded to my car and will link to Onstar.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
scummings
scummings is on a distinguished road

Do you have a part number for the module I have a 2009 Vue that does not have bluetooth but has onstar on roof and radio controls on steering wheel
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Rings View Post
Hello Way2QWK!

scummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
3 Rings

2008 AURA XR
2007 SKY Red Line

I traded in the Aura for a GTI back in October. Truth be told, I never did complete the project. I still have the VCIM and Bluetooth antenna sitting in a box in the garage. I'll take a look at the module and report back with the part number.