SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
Janesy
Janesy is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Weight reduction

In my 07 sedan i decided that it was a little heavy, I decided that the rear seat where all the boys from my course sit when i drive their un-appreciating ass'es around. Also removed from the car was all the ****ing stains that were on the seat that they so very nicely put there for me. Just wondering if this was a good mod? Any inputs?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Janesy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Janesy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Janesy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Weight reduction

if you want to remove weight, take out more than that, that's only like 50LBS max, take out any extra junk, seats, spare tire, jack, the engine cover, intake resonator. you can't take very much out of these cars if you drive them around on a regular basis.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Gut that sucker ........... remove the heater, A/C, wipers, radio, seats, carpet, take it all out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:13 AM   #4
Big Pimpin'
Big Pimpin' is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Sedan

And if ya take out the engine & transmission that will lighten the load by at least 400 to 500 pounds. No just kidding. Seriously though, why are you trying to lighten up your car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Big Pimpin''s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Big Pimpin' reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Big Pimpin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR
Wrench Re: Weight reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janesy View Post
In my 07 sedan i decided that it was a little heavy, I decided that the rear seat where all the boys from my course sit when i drive their un-appreciating ass'es around. Also removed from the car was all the ****ing stains that were on the seat that they so very nicely put there for me. Just wondering if this was a good mod? Any inputs?
if you're anything like me then when you removed that seat you realized how much it DOESN'T weigh. The spare tire & jack weigh more than the rear seat bottom and backs.

Truthfully the most you can really do to the Ion while keeping it a daily driver w/ a passenger that makes any difference at all in terms of weight reduction is the rear seat, backs, spare tire, jack, and rear carpet. beyond that you'll be turning the car into a "race only" kind of setup, imo

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

50lbs for the seat bottom ........... had he ever removed one he'd know it's more like 11lbs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnSdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about2006 ion2 has a spectacular aura about

2007 ION-2 Sedan

I meant like 50 for the whole shebang, because I know the backs have a little bulk to them.

2007 Saturn Ion 2

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
Janesy
Janesy is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan

i apologize for the confusion. really i was just ranting bout people spilling stuff all over my car seats so i took them out so if they spilt something it would just go on the metal and also so their ride in the back seat isn't comfortable. also to add the seat weight at extreme most 6 lbs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Janesy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Janesy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Janesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
2006 ion2
Master Member

2007 ION-2 Sedan

wow, the ol' you spilled stuff on my back seat so you get no seat routine, interesting. I thought you removed the whole back seat, not just the bottom,if you really want a weight reduction, take out the back passenger(s).

2007 Saturn Ion 2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #10
Eddie&Aria_S
Eddie&Aria_S is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Devil Re: Weight reduction

😂 this thread is one of the funnies I've read through. Props 😂
But in all seriousness, weight reduction is a goal of mine, I don't have an ion I have an Aura XR 3.6 and these friggin things weigh almost 4 tons! 😡 3700 lbs is a more accurate number that is wet weight plus driver.
So question is can anyone write a list of points of the car from heaviest to lightest that can be removed only, for now it is a passenger car but I'm going to get a dedicated daily to make this one a dedicated track car, so a list of every single thing that can safely be removed on a list it's my best option so I miss nothing haha.
Thanks y'allz, comas, amis,

-EddieSXR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Eddie&Aria_S's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Eddie&Aria_S reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Eddie&Aria_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:30 AM   #11
Eddie&Aria_S
Eddie&Aria_S is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Ten years later 😂😂😂😂😂

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Eddie&Aria_S's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Eddie&Aria_S reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Eddie&Aria_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:18 AM   #12
19boneatock88
19boneatock88 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
2006 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Yeah itís funny for sure, but Iíd also like to shed some weight... now, I got the lightest version of the Ion, with crank windows and no cruise or ABS, and have removed the intake bong and the insulation under the hood, and the factory rubber intake tube with the box above the TB, but short of removing seats,carpet and audio system Iím short on ideas that will actually do anything...

I know that removing the spare and jack will save some but it would come back to bite me, knowing my luck

Jerama- WV

2004 Saturn Ion-2 sedan
L61/F23(M86), 139k...
Too many mods to list in sig...

ďStockĒ is nowhere in my vocabulary...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 19boneatock88's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 19boneatock88 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
19boneatock88 is offline   Reply With Quote