SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 10:30 AM   #1
pkschul
Advanced Member
pkschul is on a distinguished road

Default FYI... if you are thinking about ordering a VUE

Saturn of Fairfax tells me that if you order a VUE today that you should expect to wait until May before delivery.
I ordered mine in the first week of January and should be getting it this weekend.

Paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pkschul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2002, 10:42 AM   #2
Swizelman45
Advanced Member
Swizelman45 is on a distinguished road

wow that's a long itme, our retailer takes abouot a months time for it to come in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Swizelman45's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Swizelman45 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 10:52 AM   #3
pkschul
Advanced Member

They say it's a production issue... not retailer specific.
Supply definately is not meeting demand. These things are selling like hotcakes. I expect the delays to get longer after this weekends rush spurned by the new commercial.

Paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:12 AM   #4
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Happy

Supply is not meeting Demand. It's not uncommon in Jap cars and Beetle selling, but they didn't pissed off too many customers as they are goofy enough to pay way OVER MSRP just to be the first driving it.

That's made me wonder: If VUE is selling HOT, will the buyers be willing to pay over MSRP (and by How Much?) just to keep the wait time short?

Delivery in May by ordering in Feb is a LONG wait time.....when you decided to buy something, you'd like to get it RIGHT NOW!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:18 AM   #5
pkschul
Advanced Member

Oh yeah... and if you want the VTi tranny... expect to wait even longer. They still aren't ready.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-15-2002, 11:35 AM   #6
Cxtra_Vue
Cxtra_Vue is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up

I've noticed the demand being high on the VUE.
I bought mine on 1/18/02. We have one in the mall here in Ga. and a different one has been displayed there just about every couple day. I talked to my salesman yesterday and he said that everyones been buying the ones in the mall. They can barely keep the display models there.

By the way I saw my first fellow VUE Owner yesterday driving their new VUE. Mines white, Theirs is Black. It was kind of exciting to see another one on the road. We noticed eachother and flashed our lights as we passed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cxtra_Vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cxtra_Vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:40 AM   #7
Cxtra_Vue
Cxtra_Vue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by qlara
when you decided to buy something, you'd like to get it RIGHT NOW!
Thats why I bought mine of the lot. TOOO! MUCH!
excitement to wait.

I undersand wanting to wait for the perfect VUE also. But I found mine on the lot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cxtra_Vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cxtra_Vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 04:29 PM   #8
NiceVue
NiceVue is on a distinguished road

I ordered mine on 12/26/01 with the expectation of it taking 6-8 weeks (what I was told by the dealership).

It arrived 1/22/02.

I think they give it a longer estimated time to produce than what it actually takes.

But it also depends on how long it takes for them to drive to your particular dealership from Spring Hill. It only takes mine a day (if there are no stops!).

I still haven't seen a fellow VUE owner in my part of town...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NiceVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NiceVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #9
hugh
hugh will become famous soon enough

The delivery delays for VUE models may be a supply and demand thing but I suspect that GM is also adding to the delay by being very careful that Saturn is delivering cars with the absolute minimum of the "L intro build quality screw-ups".
The delay in delivery of models with CVT is a different matter and apparently the earliest deliveries are now moved back another month to late May/early June. Full marks to Saturn for not rushing things.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-15-2002, 08:26 PM   #10
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally posted by qlara
Supply is not meeting Demand. It's not uncommon in Jap cars and Beetle selling, but they didn't pissed off too many customers as they are goofy enough to pay way OVER MSRP just to be the first driving it.

That's made me wonder: If VUE is selling HOT, will the buyers be willing to pay over MSRP (and by How Much?) just to keep the wait time short?
If indeed supply is not meeting demand, no amount of money will reduce the waiting period without the help of an unscrupulous dealer working the middle. The buyer willing to pay over MSRP is basically bribing someone to move him or herself up on the list. If this should happen and Saturn Corporation tolerates it, over 10 years of the company's good reputation will be destroyed. I don't think it will happen on any large scale and if it does happen, the practice will be isolated and involve well hidden cash transactions. JMO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #11
SJinNJ
SJinNJ is on a distinguished road

Default My wait

I waited until I saw the VUE up close and took a test drive before I ordered it. I was pretty sure before then I was going to get one, but I had to see it first.

I ordered mine on 12/13 and they told me 8-10 weeks. I just picked it up on 2/11, so they were right on with the date.

It was definately worth the wait.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SJinNJ's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SJinNJ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread