SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L
Default Spring cleaning?

So how many of you have started your spring cleaning on your vehicles yet? Today, I had the day off of work from Saturn, and am at home enjoying my spring break (Chicago in 2 weeks... yay!), and I decided to clean on the VUE some. I spent about 7.5 hours earlier... wash/wax, vacuum, dash cleaning, carpet shampooing, etc. I shrink wrap the carpet in the winter, and it really helps with the cleanup, so the interior didn't take that long.

Have any of you started your spring cleaning yet?

~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: Spring cleaning?

HAHHAHA......

That's funny. I woke up to a snowstorm this morning. We'll start thinking about spring cleaning in my area around the middle of April. That's as in... It's spring... Get the salt off the cars. Real cleaning starts mid may usually.

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:03 PM   #3
bobwill
bobwill is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan

Did my interior about a week ago, just vacuming and dusting, and some rubber/plastic dressing on the dash.
Washed the exterior two days ago, and did the windows today.
This was just the preliminary, get the salt off the exterior and undercarriage cleaning. The interior work was prompted by sitting in my friend's VW that hasn't seen a vacuum or a dusting in 1.5 years, and vowing I wouldn't let my interior get like that, so I cleaned it out within 24 hours.
If it isn't raining/snowing this friday or saturday (my days off work) I'm going to attack my exterior with carwash, paint cleaner, polish, and then wax.

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bobwill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bobwill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 PM   #4
silverblueL200
Advanced Member
silverblueL200 is on a distinguished road

I started the interior this weekend & cleaned the undercarrige. Then I ran out of steam...the floormats are still in my trunk.

- 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster. -Stewie Griffin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #5
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

I did a full out cleaning today. If I take the time to start it, I get going and don't stop - it's just how I am. It will take about 3 or 4 weekly cleanings to get it to the level of acceptance (for those of you at homecoming 2004, for me that was a dirty VUE, and only because of the trip). It is about a 7.5 right now... I won't be happy until I either pull this carpet out and deep clean it, or replace it with the new carpet I have in the garage ($200 on my discount.. argh). It has salt marks and the dead pedal is more tan than grey.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
GmG
Advanced Member
GmG is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
1992 SC

I can't really get too into the idea of cleaning my cars until my driveway becomes solid again. It's pretty much a mudpuddle now, soon to become frozen with the 8*F lows forecasted tomorrow. Car cleaning is more of a summer thing for me, and even then I don't get really serious about it because the floors get sandy so fast.

George

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GmG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GmG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:45 PM   #7
getz999
getz999 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
2001 SC2

i spend a good hour once a week cleaning my car, i think its an obsession, so i guess i can say "sure, ive started my spring cleaning" and really mean its been a long slow process

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to getz999's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help getz999 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:22 AM   #8
EvilSL2
EvilSL2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL2

I had to clean all the junk out of the car sunday for a Autocross. Throw away a bunch of stuff I dont need and orginaze the stuff I need and it almost clean.

A wash and wax would be nice but its suspose to snow this week.

Jeremy Vickers

01 Saturn SL2 auto.

"For every abused saturn, Wolfman kills a kitten."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EvilSL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EvilSL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #9
thatjerryguy
thatjerryguy will become famous soon enoughthatjerryguy will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Thumbs Up Re: Spring cleaning?

I'll wait until it's actually spring before I think about spring cleaning.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thatjerryguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thatjerryguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #10
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Raining in lower NY and is expected to turn to snow later today 1 -3 inches. I put a rubber door step on the dead foot area. The part that goes over the lip of the stair on the side. looks OK. I just shake out the rubber matts and wash them onnce and a while. Just got some good ones for the L too

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:55 AM   #11
EvilCody
EvilCody is on a distinguished road

Location: Massachusetts (Currently stationed in Cherry Point N.C.)

1997 SL2

I've yet to clean my 97 SL2. Overall it's fairly clean though so interior will be a breeze. Engine maintenace on the other hand will be the most time consuming because I want my baby in top condition this summer when I cruise to the beach...

Support our troops!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EvilCody's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EvilCody reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #12
K-1
Master Member
K-1 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

It's a whopping 18 degrees out right now (7 with the windchill) and my garage isn't heated. I won't be spending much time cleaning for about 2 more months. My car's interior is already very clean, save for some dust. No one eats in my car, no one drinks in my car, and there's rarely anyone but me in it anyway, so aside from the rubber floor mats being a little salty, there isn't much going on.

The exterior and engine compartment are a different story. I usually take it for a car wash every other week or so if the road crew has salted. As soon as it's warm enough for the water in the hose not to freeze, I'm getting that engine compartment clean enough to eat off of. Simple Green is your friend

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to K-1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help K-1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:30 PM   #13
rossao1
Advanced Member
rossao1 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

7.5 Hours! I have two kids, a house, a job, a church and a mini-van to take care of. But I remember the days well. Long long ago...

now days, my spring cleaning is about 2 hours long and divided into two vehicles. Care to guess which one I spend more time on? LOL

My definition of spring cleaning is knocking the mud chunks off and spraying foamy tire cleaner. Waxing happens about once a year per vehicle. Vacuuming happens only on even numbered years.

A Saturn owner since 10/91.
'92 SC, '91 SL2, 95 SW1, '06 ION3
other car- '02 Expedition 5.4L

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rossao1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rossao1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #14
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatjerryguy
I'll wait until it's actually spring before I think about spring cleaning.

Really. And it looks far off. Despite being 60 degrees yesterday, it dropped to 23 today, 15 tonight.
I did clean the garage a bit Sunday. The cars will have to wait. I have every other Friday off and have to repair the dryer this week. Actually, I was thinking about brewing a batch of beer.....

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #15
ricksLS1
Master Member

Was near 60 yesterday today about 2 inches and snow hard. 7.5 hours WOW I wouldn't last that long. I wash and dry my VUE in about 45 minutes. I wax about 2X a year and use the spray wax here and there between. Since I have rubber mats I usually just shake them out and once in a while vacum. Shampoo the rugs maybe once a year. Same goes for the L.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #16
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksLS1
7.5 hours WOW I wouldn't last that long.
Yeah, but you have to see it to appreciate it. It looks like he spent all that time on it. He does a great job.

Me, wax job 2x a year. The interior gets vacuumed and cleaned every Sunday night, weather permitting. It's the time when the vehicles get the oil, belts, and hose get checked, too. It's got 3/4" of salt on the mats now. Washes happen when it's nice out, and I have the time. (time is precious)

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #17
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2
Thumbs Up Re: Spring cleaning?

I guess I'm kind of doing spring cleaning soon. In a few weeks I'm going to sweep my '99 Sc-2 down to the Saturn dealer and whisk away an '05 Redline.

Does that count?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2005, 03:18 PM   #18
ricksLS1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle bik
Yeah, but you have to see it to appreciate it. It looks like he spent all that time on it. He does a great job.

Me, wax job 2x a year. The interior gets vacuumed and cleaned every Sunday night, weather permitting. It's the time when the vehicles get the oil, belts, and hose get checked, too. It's got 3/4" of salt on the mats now. Washes happen when it's nice out, and I have the time. (time is precious)
Sure it does look great but I don't have 7.5 hours. When I bring my truck to may local shop they always ask if I had it detailed. Done this 2X and both times it wasn't right after I washed it and only after i used the spray wax.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #19
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

If it weren't for the fact that it was spring break I would not have spent all of the time on that. It snowed a light dusting last night, but I had him parked inside so it wasn't that much of a big deal... as long as the salt was off of it.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #20
BlkVue04
BlkVue04 is on a distinguished road

Ohiovueboy, you are a truly motivated individual. I try to keep my car clean, and the inside swept. But what I do, certainly pales in comparison to you. Keep up the good work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlkVue04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlkVue04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread