SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
BlueDog
BlueDog is on a distinguished road

Default Anyone collect Saturn memorabilia?

I was one of the first people to buy a Saturn in the Washington DC area. Quickly I became a Satun-nut, just hanging out at the retailer for fun. They would actually give me my own dealer plate and I'd greet people coming into the showroom and take them on test drives. In 1994 I traded my green SL2 in on a Homecoming car (which I just posted for sale in the classifieds forum) and two weeks after taking delivery I went to Spring Hill for Homecoming where I got to meet ex-pres Skip and had him autograph my car.

Over the years I've picked up a bunch of stuff that I've decided to clear out. I'm posting here to see if there's enough interest for me to put the stuff on eBay or sell it here.

Some of the various things:

- Sales brochuses from the first years of Saturn (the large ones)
- Extensive plate frame collection of almost all the dealers on the east coast (at the time, which was 93-94)
- Items picked up at Homecoming 1994:
- Lost form casting of Saturn logo
- Canvas bag with Homecoming logo (never used)
- Stack of Homecoming window cling stickers
- Flyer for the original Homecoming Edition car

...and I'm sure I can find more.

I've got other project cars to fund and need to clean out the basement. If there's any interest please let me know and I'll start pulling stuff out of boxes and taking pictures.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueDog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueDog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2004, 11:58 AM   #2
cris_thomas
Advanced Member
cris_thomas is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
1995 SC2

Here is my collection of Saturn Toys

http://www.cristhomas.com/cars/toys/index.html

Unfortunately I don't own all of the items pictures.

I also have all the brochures and stuff for the '01 model year focusing on the SC2 and I have already started collecting items regarding my soon to be purchased Ion Redline.

- Cris Thomas
SPOC New England
http://www.spocne.org

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cris_thomas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cris_thomas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-13-2004, 05:26 PM   #3
y2chuck
Advanced Member
y2chuck is on a distinguished road

all i have is the orange VUE Autoart Die-cast model.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to y2chuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help y2chuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2004, 06:33 PM   #4
josh'svue
josh'svue is on a distinguished road

I have a diecast VUE model as well and a couple of mugs and a bean bag bear that i got from the dealer

---
2003 Silver VUE AWD4

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to josh'svue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help josh'svue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #5
vuecheeto
vuecheeto is on a distinguished road

I also have the die cast which was given to me. Now I miss my old Vue That bright orange To me it was bright. Now I need a Redline diecast.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vuecheeto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vuecheeto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2004, 04:38 PM   #6
MydnightMyst
Advanced Member
MydnightMyst is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
1997 SC2

I have one second gen SL2(dark green), three door coupe(yellow), VUE (burnt orange?), and one L-series (silver) in 1:18th scale diecast. I also have three hotwheels ION's, one hotwheel pewter L-series, and one of the VUE/ION blimp/lightship hotwheel. I have a 6 foot Saturn banner out in the garage. Three teddy bears, a fridge magnet of the three door coupe. Two key chains. My favorite pen is a Saturn pen, and several other little things.. My favorite collectable though, is my full size 1996 Saturn SL2.
I'd be interested in seeing the lost foam casting, the plate frames, and the canvas bag, if you don't mind. My email addy is mydnightmyst@ameritech.net
Thanks!!!

~Christena J. Snowden~
1996 Saturn SL2 drag car
1996 Saturn SL2 street car
1997 Saturn SC2, 2003 OLOA class winner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MydnightMyst's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MydnightMyst reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-17-2004, 06:43 PM   #7
BlueDog
BlueDog is on a distinguished road

Here some pics of the lost foam cast logo piece... (you can see more of the stuff I've been digging out by clicking on my gallery link. lots of 1994 Homecoming stuff.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueDog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueDog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread