SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:44 PM   #1
Steve_B
Steve_B is on a distinguished road

Default '02 VUE and Aftermarket Radio?

Want to put a radio and\or in-dash DVD player in her.

Anyone ever do this yet?

Did it look like a good fit?

Is the install kit the GMK412 to retro fit the radio \ dvd?

Was it easy or hard?

Anyone see my dog?

Please help me!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steve_B's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steve_B reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2003, 08:47 PM   #2
Steve_B
Steve_B is on a distinguished road

Please, anyone!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Steve_B's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Steve_B reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
KJB
Advanced Member
KJB is on a distinguished road

Check this out:
http://www.caraudiomag.com/v_features/0307cae_saturn/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KJB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KJB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-28-2003, 01:51 AM   #4
KJB
Advanced Member

Look through some of SQvue pics and you'll notice that the stock stereo location is (at least) a double DIN location. Therefore you are able to insert 2 single DIN units in that location. This leaves you with an UNLIMITED amount of possibilities as far as automotive a/v is concerned!

My (current) plan is to run an in dash monitor (Pyle PLTV7R (7" monitor, am/fm/tv tuner)) along with an in-dash DVD player (Pyle PLDVD99). The head unit has changer controls which can be hooked up to either a PYLE DVD changer (PLDVDCH6) or a Pyle CD changer. I am thinking of running a 10 disc (PLCD10CH) and not the DVD changer because I will already have the in-dash DVD player. In the rear of the car will be two headrest monitors (see http://www.velocitymotorsport.com/in...ep_by_step.htm for install howto article) with a 4 channel a/v switch controller. I'll also be installing my PS2 in the car. Through the switch I'll be able to wrought any video source independently to each head rest monitor along with audio to wireless headphone transmitters. By doing this any person in the car can either watch a DVD or play a game on the playstation without disturbing anybody else. Since the head unit has four audio/video inputs, I'll "T" all audio and video to both the head unit and the A/V switch.

I have not purchased any of this equipment yet, other than my PS2, because I'm still looking into the quality of it all. From what I've learned so far, from www.the12volt.com (great site for almost anything automotive electrical related) is Pyle's quality is overall okay... definitely not for competition. My purpose for it all is to keep my wife and son entertained when we go on trips (2-3 hour drives three weeks or so).

I hope I answered your question and this all wasn't too confusing!! Good luck with your choices.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KJB's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KJB reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2003, 11:49 AM   #5
KJB
Advanced Member

Does anybody else have any input on this subject?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KJB's Reputation
Old 10-29-2003, 11:59 AM   #6
dugg67
dugg67 is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Metra dash kit #99-3106. Should be able to pick one up at your local car audio shop.

Take a look at the pics in my gallery (click the camera to the left) to see the Kenwood install in my 2002 VUE.

There was another thread on this a while back.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...threadid=22444

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dugg67's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dugg67 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:22 PM   #7
KJB
Advanced Member

Sweet box install dude! I don't like to copy anybody's ideas BUT... that looks too clean, almost like that area around the spare was meant for it!

I also like SQvue's install but I don't think I'll do another system that size again! My last one was in my Eclipse and I ended up stuck on the side of the freeway with a flat and no spare (the entire rear of the car was a custome enclosure). Especially now with a family to look out for... I think I've grown up a little bit (very little )

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KJB's Reputation
Old 10-29-2003, 03:00 PM   #8
dugg67
dugg67 is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally posted by KJB
Sweet box install dude! I don't like to copy anybody's ideas BUT... that looks too clean, almost like that area around the spare was meant for it!
Thanks, it wasn't real hard to do as most of it was built wih MDF. I just used fiberglass for the irregular curves to expediate the project. It sounds great by the way, lots more bottom end than I was expecting out of it. I am powering the subs with only 250 watts.

Quote:
I also like SQvue's install but I don't think I'll do another system that size again! My last one was in my Eclipse and I ended up stuck on the side of the freeway with a flat and no spare (the entire rear of the car was a custome enclosure). Especially now with a family to look out for... I think I've grown up a little bit (very little )
Exactly why I went with the small enclosure in the floor, I'm not going to do any sound-off competitions and I needed to keep the utility of the rear of the VUE for other uses. I traded a pickup for the VUE and I still like to haul stuff from time to time.

I had an experience a few years back when I was competing in sound-offs with my '94 SL in which I had a flat on the way to a show. I took access to the spare into consideration with the system design and actually needed it in this case. I ran the car through the judging lanes with the spare on the car while a local tire shop replaced the old blown out tire. I was told that bonus points were not awarded for access to the spare, but the Install judge was so impressed that I was able to continue to the show and compete because of the fact that I could use the spare and store it properly that he awarded me points anyway. I won my class that day which made it worth the trip, flat and all.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dugg67's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dugg67 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread