SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2016, 02:31 AM   #1
BarronFraker
BarronFraker is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.6L
Dizzy Engine Mount Torque specs?

Hey everyone,

For my latest project, I need to replace all four motor mounts for my 2005 Vue with a 3.5 V6 engine. I can't for the life of me find the torque specs for these parts! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

BF

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BarronFraker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BarronFraker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BarronFraker is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

1995 SW2
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Engine Mount Torque specs?

How about Post #4 here . . .
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/51...-tips-you.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
spenser4
spenser4 is on a distinguished road

Right engine mount 81 ft. lbs. Front Engine mount bracket 33 ft. lbs. Rear transmission mount 37 ft. lbs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spenser4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spenser4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
spenser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
Ken L.
Ken L. has a spectacular aura aboutKen L. has a spectacular aura about

2006 VUE Red Line

Good luck trying to use a torque wrench. The front and rear mounts are in really tight spaces. Plus, the amount of torque needed to loosen the mount bolts wasn't too bad. I just made sure to tighten everything evenly and a little tighter than when I took it off. I like to use torque specs but these mount locations made it difficult.

I just replaced three of my mounts. I replace the rear and top mounts about a month ago. The top mount was easy but the rear was pretty tricky to get out.

I just tackled my front mount yesterday. It was a pain to get to, plus no matter how I jacked the engine the engine wouldn't even budge or lift off the mount. I ended up having to take the bracket that mounts to the engine off. Having the radiator and wiring in the way made it difficult but not impossible.

Good luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ken L.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ken L. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ken L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
JosephN79
JosephN79 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Hey Ken

How did you get the rear mount out? I have a RL so I'm even lower than a reg Vue. I have the mount sitting on the shelf waiting to throw it on.

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JosephN79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JosephN79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JosephN79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:21 PM   #6
atikovi
Advanced Member
atikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really niceatikovi is just really nice

What symptoms were you getting that requires the mounts to be replaced?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atikovi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atikovi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:40 AM   #7
Ken L.

2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephN79 View Post
Hey Ken

How did you get the rear mount out? I have a RL so I'm even lower than a reg Vue. I have the mount sitting on the shelf waiting to throw it on.

Thanks!
I drove my car up on ramps and put a stands and wood everywhere so the car wouldn't fall on me. I also had my jack and a 2x4 cut to a size that allowed me to place it under the bracket that attaches to the engine and rear mount. This allowed me to take the weight off the mount. Then I crawled under and started loosening the old mount. Once I got all the bolts out, I thought I was in trouble. It didn't look like I was going to be able to get the old mount out. With some persistence I was able to figure a way to move it up and around a few components. I had a great sense of victory when that baby came out! Then I just had to do everything in reverse with the new mount.

Hope this helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Ken L. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:44 AM   #8
Ken L.

2006 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
What symptoms were you getting that requires the mounts to be replaced?

Take a look at this thread. It explains my experience.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=223750

Take care.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!