SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #1
Chaz9496
Chaz9496 is a jewel in the roughChaz9496 is a jewel in the roughChaz9496 is a jewel in the roughChaz9496 is a jewel in the rough

2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2001 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Door Locks No Longer Lock In Drive

I didn't find anything in the searches on this issue. What's a possible cause of this ? The doors stopped auto locking on my Mom's 2003. I'm going to sell it for her soon and wanted to fix the problem before I do. I believe mine lock in drive but her's did after so fast or how ever that worked. This has been going on for about 7 years. Thanks for any advise.

Last edited by Chaz9496; 08-07-2015 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Added Comment

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chaz9496's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chaz9496 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chaz9496 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Door Locks No Longer Lock In Drive

Tried to disconnect the driver's door lock switch to isolate it from the automatic locking feature controlled by the body control module? If this doesn't help and nothing else is causing problems with manually locking/unlocking or using the remote to lock/unlock doors, it shouldn't be deal breaker when selling it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
Russet
Russet has a spectacular aura aboutRusset has a spectacular aura about

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz9496 View Post
I didn't find anything in the searches on this issue. What's a possible cause of this ? The doors stopped auto locking on my Mom's 2003. I'm going to sell it for her soon and wanted to fix the problem before I do. I believe mine lock in drive but her's did after so fast or how ever that worked. This has been going on for about 7 years. Thanks for any advise.
On my 2003 Saturn L300 the doors lock automatically when shifting out of Park into any gears.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
Way2QWK
Way2QWK is on a distinguished road

It may just need the "personalization feature" of the door locks reset. Try this....

The programmable unlocking feature can be
programmed on or off by turning the ignition key to RUN
and pressing the unlock power door lock switch for
eight seconds. The horn will chirp once when this
feature is on and will chirp twice when it is off.

***Saturn Tech and owner of Planet Automotive in Tucson AZ. Specializing in Saturn repairs.

94 SW2- custom intake and ported throttle body
2003 Saturn Vue 3.0 v6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Way2QWK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Way2QWK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Way2QWK is offline   Reply With Quote