SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up ION ranked Best Small Car on Strategic Vision Survey

Well it seems like there are more positive things being said about the saturn ION now I found this on the car connection. As you can see the ION was ranked as the best small car

Quote:
Strategic Vision released its annual Total Quality Index Monday, ranking Volkswagen first among multi-line automakers, and BMW tops among brands.

Though imports headed the majority of segments, the domestic auto manufacturers, particularly General Motors, are making gains. New-vehicle buyers rated GM tops in three segments with a tie in a fourth. Ford, after four years out of the top spot, won in two segments.

BMW remained the highest scoring brand, while Cadillac moved into second place, ahead of Lexus and Mercedes. Compared to full-year 2002 results, Caddy was the most improved brand.

Among the Japanese makers, Honda was the only multi-segment winner with three. The Infiniti G35’s top honors in the near-luxury car category were the first for the brand. Subaru led one segment, and Toyota had a tie with its redesigned 4Runner.

Strategic Vision surveyed more than 31,000 October — November buyers of 2003 models at least 90 days after their purchase. TQI rates cars based on a combination of expectations met, quality, emotional attributes such as design and how well the dealer completed the sale and dealt with early glitches. —Jim Burt

Best Small Car Saturn Ion

Best Compact Car VW Golf, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Pontiac Grand AM

Best Mid-Sized Car Pontiac Bonneville/Olds Aurora

Best Small Specialty Coupe MINI Cooper

Best Medium Specialty Coupe Honda Accord coupe

Best Near Luxe Infiniti G35

Best Luxe Car Mercedes S-Class, BMW 5-Series

Best Convertible Under $30K Ford Mustang

Best Convertible Over $30K Porsche Boxster

Best Minivan Honda Odyssey

Best Small SUV Hyundai Santa Fe

Best Medium SUV Toyota 4Runner/Kia Sorento

Best Large SUV Ford Excursion

Best Near Luxe SUV Volvo XC90

Best Luxe SUV Range Rover

Best Compact Pickup Subaru Baja

Best Full-Size Pickup Chevy Avalanche

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #2
VTHokie00SL2
Master Member
VTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enoughVTHokie00SL2 will become famous soon enough

Best midsize: Pontiac Bonneville? I don't agree...and is the Bonneville really even a midsize?

Celebrity Eurosport.
When the road gets a little nervous, take one of these.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VTHokie00SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VTHokie00SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #3
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Ahhh...this is thread three on this topic.

Thank you for the information and for letting people know.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #4
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member

Sorry I've been working hard on my own board so its kinda hard for me too read threw all the threads and forums to check....I looked quickly and didnt see it posted already

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:37 PM   #5
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

It's better to have it on here 3x or more to share some good news. At least I think so.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:27 PM   #6
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member

yeah I agree might as well change the topic now since this has already been posted VT what class do you think the bonneville should be in?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-03-2003, 11:42 PM   #7
SilverNickelQC
Advanced Member
SilverNickelQC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Looks Full Size to me compared to the Buick Regal which is a Mid Size and Grand Am as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverNickelQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverNickelQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-04-2003, 02:44 AM   #8
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member

Grand Am isnt midsize. But I agree The Grand Am still registers as a compact sedan. Its still too small to be a midsize car. They really need to come out with just a sedan class for cars like the Grand Am that dont fit between compact and midsize.....but I guess it doesnt really matter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-04-2003, 05:13 AM   #9
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

That is nice to see. Just wondering what exactly Strategic Vision is? A magazine? Never heard of it. Is L. Ron Hubbard one of their editors? Just wondering since I've never heard of it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-04-2003, 08:41 AM   #10
Jeff P
Jeff P is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
That is nice to see. Just wondering what exactly Strategic Vision is? A magazine?
It's like JD Power. They do surveys of all sorts of things, including cars. Lots of obscure industry stuff too.

jeff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeff P's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeff P reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread