SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 09:59 PM   #1
atomicshark
atomicshark is on a distinguished road

Happy Strategic Vision: Ion-Best Small Car

Hi everyone this is my first post btw.
I don't know if anybody has mentioned it yet, Strategic Vision came out with their rankings today and the Saturn Ion won for Best Small Car. Here is the article that mentioned it.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=6083

Atomicshark

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atomicshark's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atomicshark reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2003, 10:01 PM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

Oh my. Has the world gone crazy?

It's sort of nice to see something positive written on the Ion for a change.

I love rooting for the underdog and Saturn and the little Ion sure seem to be underdogs.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
zborgerd
zborgerd is on a distinguished road

In other news... Hell has frozen over.

Something positive for a change.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zborgerd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zborgerd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:08 PM   #4
filamqc
filamqc is on a distinguished road

"Strategic Vision surveyed more than 31,000 October – November buyers of 2003 models at least 90 days after their purchase. TQI rates cars based on a combination of expectations met, quality, emotional attributes such as design and how well the dealer completed the sale and dealt with early glitches. —Jim Burt

Best small car Saturn Ion"

Good news! Sounds like plenty of satisfied Ion buyers! I'm happy with mine...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to filamqc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help filamqc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Greeneyedgrrrl
Greeneyedgrrrl is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Cool.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Greeneyedgrrrl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Greeneyedgrrrl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #6
atomicshark
atomicshark is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean. I keep hearing how advanced the Ion is. But then it gets shot down for it's looks. Which, by the way did not thrill me the first time I saw it, but it is growing on me. It has major personality on the inside which is refreshing in it's class. javascript:smilie('')

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to atomicshark's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help atomicshark reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:40 PM   #7
DiabloVerde
DiabloVerde is on a distinguished road

BUT I do not understand... ConsumREtards said the ION was below average????

Hell has frozen over....Guess that means Texas is Heaven.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DiabloVerde's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DiabloVerde reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2003, 11:32 PM   #8
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

Well these were rated by consumers. You know, the people who buy the cars and don't know anything right?

This is good news.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-02-2003, 11:47 PM   #9
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally posted by Xanatos
Well these were rated by consumers. You know, the people who buy the cars and don't know anything right?

This is good news.
we dont know anything, i mean its not like we buy cars because we like them. ANYWAYS....... its good to see it do good for once in a report

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:35 AM   #10
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy

Amazing isn't it? Someone asks the owners and they find that most like the ION.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 08:43 AM   #11
LynnF
LynnF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by atomicshark
I know what you mean. I keep hearing how advanced the Ion is. But then it gets shot down for it's looks. Which, by the way did not thrill me the first time I saw it, but it is growing on me. It has major personality on the inside which is refreshing in it's class. javascript:smilie('')
I test drove a 3 and didn't like it, then came back and loved the 1 and 2, though they are odd, no question about it.

Years ago when I bought my Birkenstock sandals, they were running an essay contest "Tell us when these ugly shoes started looking beautiful to you" or something like that. Maybe we should do that for Ions?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LynnF's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LynnF reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:23 AM   #12
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:32 AM   #13
Millhouse
Millhouse is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2003 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

I guess they didn't ask me my opinion. J/k. However when I took my Ion back the customer service guy told me that he has seen more ION's come back under the 30 day warrrenty than he has ever seen since he'd been there. He said rarely an "S" and occaisionly an "L" or a "Vue" but it has been relatively common on the Ion so far.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Millhouse's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Millhouse reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:44 AM   #14
zborgerd
zborgerd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Millhouse
I guess they didn't ask me my opinion. J/k. However when I took my Ion back the customer service guy told me that he has seen more ION's come back under the 30 day warrrenty than he has ever seen since he'd been there. He said rarely an "S" and occaisionly an "L" or a "Vue" but it has been relatively common on the Ion so far.
I'd attribute that to new Saturn buyers that are taking a chance. Many ION buyers had little or no interest in the S Series (not all, of course.) Some are just taking advantage of this no-loss opportunity to try the car. I'm betting that it will slow down with due time. Remember that most S buyers were actually repeat customers over the last 10 years. My parents have owned four Saturns so far. My brother has one. I now have one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zborgerd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zborgerd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:19 AM   #15
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Dr. Z--

You took the words right out of my mouth, *again!*

I was going to say something similiar about his point...

The S *had* been around for a long time, so people *already* knew what they were getting into.

I also agree that most ION buyers (not all, like you said, but definitely most) were not interested in the S series. My wife and I checked out an S-series car on two different occasions, and we didn't like it either time. Then the ION came along, and I thought what the heck (as my wife had never even seen the car before I bought it), and now I love the Saturn company and I have a completely new respect for the still-existing S-series.

*Drive it like you bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SonataInFSharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SonataInFSharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:00 PM   #16
Greeneyedgrrrl
Greeneyedgrrrl is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Me too. I rarely acknowledged the S series existence. When I did notice them, (4-doors) they had no appeal to me whatsoever. I always liked the coupes though. When I bought the Ion (why the heck not), I started noticing how many people own S series cars around here. A LOT. Which must mean there's a lot of good qualities about the S series to have so many people driving them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Greeneyedgrrrl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Greeneyedgrrrl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread