SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
Loopas
Loopas is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Some codes from my 2001 L300

Ok so these are the codes that my L300 is throwing out:

p0741 - TCC solenoid circuit performance or stuck off
(Looks like a busted TCC solenoid?)

p1842 - 1-2 Shift Solenoid Circuit Low Voltage
(I have no idea what could be causing this. Maybe PCS? or could this have anything to do with TCC?)

p0302
(I also sometimes get a p0300 random misfire code - could this faulty coil packs, MAF?)

If anyone has some additional insight it would be much appreciated, thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Loopas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Loopas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Loopas is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Some codes from my 2001 L300

Mileage, maintenance done, parts replaced? Battery age, condition? Alternator ever tested?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:12 AM   #3
Loopas

2004 ION-3 Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Hey, thanks for the response but ive been busy as of late so I havent had a chance to check the forums. The car has about 140,000 miles. Ive replaced the spark plugs and fuel pump, but thats about it. Just changed oil, trans fluid, and fuel and oil filters about 1000 miles ago. Never tested the altnernator. Also, I believe the car has a bad water pump because of a whining noise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Loopas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopas View Post
Hey, thanks for the response but ive been busy as of late so I havent had a chance to check the forums. The car has about 140,000 miles. Ive replaced the spark plugs and fuel pump, but thats about it. Just changed oil, trans fluid, and fuel and oil filters about 1000 miles ago. Never tested the altnernator. Also, I believe the car has a bad water pump because of a whining noise.
Just to be certain, have you never changed the timing belt? It made me curious since you didn't mention its replacement. If indeed you have a bad water pump then you should be replacing the timing belt along with it. This is a common practice for many different brands of cars where the engines have timing belts which also drive the water pump as yours does.

There are should be two shift solenoids along with the PCS: 1-2 shift solenoid, 2-3 shift solenoid.

329,000 miles - Holy canolli!
A leftist, deep-stater will get the nomination for POTUS. What follows if he gets his way? A bad economy, weak military, increased terrorism and a greater RED CHINA.

Last edited by pierrot; 11-02-2014 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: added information

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #5
Loopas

2004 ION-3 Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I havent replaced the timing belt. Not sure if its ever been replaced either. I have the timing belt kit, new water pump, and i think the TCC solenoid (bought it from rockauto, I'm not sure if that's the right one I need since I couldnt find a 1-2 Shift Solenoid in the catalog)

Is that the right solenoid?

Also, the car just recently started acting very sluggish when accelerating from a stop. Im thinking it may be a clogged cat, is removing the oxy sensors a good way to troubleshoot?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #6
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopas View Post
I havent replaced the timing belt. Not sure if its ever been replaced either. I have the timing belt kit, new water pump, and i think the TCC solenoid (bought it from rockauto, I'm not sure if that's the right one I need since I couldnt find a 1-2 Shift Solenoid in the catalog)

Is that the right solenoid?

Also, the car just recently started acting very sluggish when accelerating from a stop. Im thinking it may be a clogged cat, is removing the oxy sensors a good way to troubleshoot?
Take a look at the link below regarding the shift solenoid. I found a part number in Rockauto.com for the 2000 L Series with the 3.0L engine, but not 2001. However, the Nalley GMC website shows the same number for your '01 L w/3.0L as the one in Rockauto.com.........part number for the shift solenoids - #24207236

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssem...rimLevel=15072

The timing chain replacement is a big job and requires great attention to detail. Make sure you have the right tools on hand. Much is written about this in the L Series Forums.

329,000 miles - Holy canolli!
A leftist, deep-stater will get the nomination for POTUS. What follows if he gets his way? A bad economy, weak military, increased terrorism and a greater RED CHINA.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote