SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Jetts
Jetts is on a distinguished road

2009 Astra XR
Default New member - 2009 Saturn Astra XR

I've been reading this Astra forum for about a year now, finally decided to join. I have a 2009 Saturn Astra XR hatchback. Black, manual transmission, sport package. Bought new in September 2009, absolutely love the car (except it needs more power). I have since tinted the windows, had a cat-back Stebro exhaust installed and then installed a cold air intake. Next improvement will be the stereo, something as simple as adding connection for iPod, possibly upgrading the speakers. Lots of info on this forum, great resource. Cheers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jetts's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jetts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jetts is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
nicolas_p
nicolas_p has a spectacular aura aboutnicolas_p has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE
Default Re: New member - 2009 Saturn Astra XR

Welcome to the forums, and we might see each other driving around ottawa at some point. You may have already seen my brother, blue 5dr with carbon fiber emblems

09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nicolas_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nicolas_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
phatfire6
Advanced Member
phatfire6 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Welcome to the forum! I'm interested to hear more about your mods. You'll need 15 posts before you can have links/pictures [Hint, Hint]. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are all here to help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phatfire6's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phatfire6 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phatfire6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
blackastra
blackastra is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
2008 AURA XR

What phatfire is saying is, ask him everything, cause hes done everything. Literally.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blackastra's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blackastra reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blackastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Jetts

2009 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolas_p View Post
Welcome to the forums, and we might see each other driving around ottawa at some point. You may have already seen my brother, blue 5dr with carbon fiber emblems
Thanks, I always notice other Astras, I'll keep an eye out for you and your brother. Do you know if there are many Astra members in Ottawa?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Jetts reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Jetts

2009 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatfire6 View Post
Welcome to the forum! I'm interested to hear more about your mods. You'll need 15 posts before you can have links/pictures [Hint, Hint]. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we are all here to help!
Thanks. Exhaust is cat-back, installed by Stebro (have had their systems on a few past cars as well). I didn't want it too loud, asked for something a bit louder than original, but not something that would wake the neighbours or attract the wrong attention Very happy with it, it's been about 2 years since that was done. Air intake was done around the same time, will be making some changes to it, probably getting too much hot air from engine bay. Saw a few threads describing various ways to improve air intake. Although mine may need some improving, I'm still pleased with it. These 2 mods gave me the sound I wanted and I definitely noticed an improvement in performance. Would still like more HP, will be checking the threads for ideas!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
nicolas_p
nicolas_p has a spectacular aura aboutnicolas_p has a spectacular aura about

2009 Astra XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetts View Post
Thanks, I always notice other Astras, I'll keep an eye out for you and your brother. Do you know if there are many Astra members in Ottawa?
I don't know many in Ottawa, I know more in Toronto. Mine is quite easy to recognize, white 3dr with vauxhall badges all around and soon to have a sharkfin

09 Vauxhall Astra XR3/STD
18" Team Dynamic MonzaR rims
Eibach Sportline, Whiteline BHR75Z swaybar and EBC Rotors
CD30 Mp3, Insignia jets, vxR surround, sharkfin antenna, Spoiler, Tint

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nicolas_p's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nicolas_p reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nicolas_p is offline   Reply With Quote