SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 09-18-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
djsmoove
djsmoove is on a distinguished road

2000 SC2
Default help help help 2000 sc2

just an attention grabberf... im on my way to get a throttlebody gasket and hope ti have answers by the time i get back.
i have a sc2 dohc and im wanting to know or atlaest find a vid on how to remove the throttle body. its not by the egr valve as we all know..

are there any vids to show how to remove it on a 2000 sc2?

when replacing it is there some type of gasket seal i should put on with the gasket?

is it just the 2 bolts holding it on?

should i use anti seize lube on bolts when im putting it back on.

is it safe to clean electrical connectors with electrical cleaner from auto parts store for engine electrical?

egr valve change is it safe to use electrical cleaner on connectors and anti seize for the bolst as well?

well off to get my parts with the good ole 35 dollars off promo from advance auto i want to thank u in advance for the help. i should return in about an hour the store that has my parts are about a 20 min drive . soo daddy and his twin 4 yr old girlfriends (yep no boyfriends for them lol) are getting the the explorer and going for a ride!!!
djsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #2
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Default Re: help help help 2000 sc2

Here's a video on how to remove the throttle body cable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ5cAVjjnWg

Removing the Throttle Body is 2 (10MM) bolts. One on the top left and one on the bottom right.

Throttle Body is located at the back of the engine on the driver's side. The Air Snorkle is connected to it.

Just a flat Throttle Body Gasket is all you need. It will probably be $4-$5.

No need to use anti-seize on the bolts.

You can use the electrical spray cleaner if you need to on the electrical connectors.
Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
djsmoove

2000 SC2

thnaks bro,, im gonna post some pics soon and i a going to ask another question... when taking off the tb i see i have a plastic orange gasket ring.. should i jus place the one i bought on top of that .. its still in good shape.. real good. also u know when u take off the tb and u have it in ur hand and u look at the hole on the car.. its caked with some thick gunk.. how in thew world to get that? i cleaned the tb real reall good looks new oil is drained. along with the work for the satty.. if someone can help with that gunky stuff if its ok to leave it or spray carb cleaner in it... got pics gonna post after. also u gonna see that hood the sl hood on a sc2 lol dont laugh
Old 09-18-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

The gen-3 DOHC does NOT use a flat gasket. It's an "o-ring" type gasket. MOST parts store databases have the SOHC and DOHC listings reversed for gen-3. And it's in the middle of the intake manifold, not on the left side.

But since it's an o-ring style gasket, there's a good chance it can be re-used when you replace it.

To remove the carbon deposits in the manifold, you can use something like Seafoam or Seafoam Deep Creep.
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
djsmoove

2000 SC2

thanks.. so now my next question ... i just changed my plugs and did one by one.. but had to change one wire with another and want to make sure the order at the coil pack is correct its going 4,1,3,2 at the coil pack not the top of engine.. am i correct on that? sorry i fail to take pics