SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
oreoucky
oreoucky is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1
Default Key Fob - Not working

I have a 2002 saturn SL1. To make a long story short I dropped my keys with my key fob on it on the cement from about 4-5 ft up.

It looks fine, but it will not lock or unlock the car doors. It will pop the truck open though.

Any ideas??

Justin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oreoucky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oreoucky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oreoucky is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
PurdueGuy
Master Member
PurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the roughPurdueGuy is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2
1999 SC1
Default Re: Key Fob - Not working

pop it open, clean the contacts, put it back together. If it still doesn't work, get a new battery. If it still doesn't work, look up the instructions on here to re-sync the remote. If that doesn't work, you could try having it reprogrammed, but since you have a '00+, it has to be done by a dealer. If that doesn't work, it's new remote time.

SaturnSeries.net owner

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PurdueGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PurdueGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PurdueGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Last time that happened to me, I just ended up squeezing it together and it actually clicked into place a little more. It worked fine after that. The edge of mine is not that great, if it gets dropped, the lip around the edge breaks loose and it comes apart. It's old enough I guess. Works fine otherwise.

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
oreoucky
oreoucky is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1

How exactly would I clean the contacts? Or re-sync it?

I spoke with saturn and they said to reprogram the fob its about 39. If that doesnt work then the new remote is 70-80ish.

The trunk pop works and today I got the lock to work randomly. Still nothing from the unlock.

Justin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oreoucky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oreoucky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oreoucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
mrgizmow
mrgizmow has a spectacular aura aboutmrgizmow has a spectacular aura about

1996 SC2
1996 SC2

Neither of the remotes for my 96 SC worked. New batteries did not help. I went to a locksmith who tested for output signal and he said they were "broke". I read in another post about worn-out contacts on the inner face of the buttons. I opened my remote and used a simple ohm meter to test the conductivity of the buttons contact surface, nothing. I cleaned all contact surfaces, went into the shop and found a hole-punch the would give me a 3/16 circle. I punched out a few disks of aluminium foil on the Wifes cutting board. Back to the shop for some silicone adhesive and a q-tip. Smeared some adhesive on the inner contact face of the pad and applied the foil disk. Works like a charm, so my thanks to the forum and the poster that gave me the idea. Gerry

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrgizmow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrgizmow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrgizmow is offline   Reply With Quote