SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 02-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
bambibuster89
bambibuster89 is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn throwing codes HELP!!

I have a Saturn that is due for emissions and it is throwing codes. It is a 2002 SL single over head cam, its throwing 5 codes, P0137, P0300, P0340, P0341, P0507. Last time it was throwing codes i had several codes and it ended up being one thing i think it was the exhaust manifold gasket. Now i have 5 codes that all at once came up and so i feel it may have something to do with one thing possibly. Any ideas, has anyone seen the same set of codes that knows what was wrong with it? Thanks.
bambibuster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Saturn throwing codes HELP!!

Welcome to Saturnfans! Look up the codes here; http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44822. Its in the How-to library on page 5 titled OBD II Powertrain Codes. Meanwhile the members here will have suggestions......................

Please post more info such as recent maintenance, mileage, anything to help give anyone a better picture of your car's state of operation.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
bambibuster89

Just for more information on the car, it is a 2002 SL saturn and has 140,000 miles. It has those codes, one in a camshaft positioning sensor which i read about and it says it means ignition problems but i dont no how to fix it, also high idle and i see others that have that problem, it idles at about 1100 maybe a little lower and when it starts up pretty high then idles down, also it doesnt miss on the highway or anywhere even though a code is for missing, and i spayed carb cleaner and under the hood and no idle change. Any help would be great thanks!
Old 02-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

With so many codes, only three are related - P0300, P0340, and P0341 as the cam position error doesn't exist but is in reference to general misfiring in the ignition system that P0300 points to. If there's any corrosion, the ignition module and two ignition coils needs to be removed for a general cleaning with a wire brush or scotchbrite pad, including the mounting bolts that provide grounding for the ignition system. Polish the coil towers and use dielectric grease for corrosion protection/lubrication for the plug boots. Plug wires may need to be replaced along with a new set of spark plugs. No platinums, just plain copper ones.

P0137 points to possibly poor connections to the rear O2 sensor and P0507 - idle speed too high. The idle speed may be from a dirty throttle body/linkages. Cleaning with throttle cleaner should help remove and free any binding and possibly allow the throttle to return back to its normal idle speed.
VCX NANO
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
bambibuster89

Thanks for the advice, iam going to mess with it this weekend and ill post on any advancement, thanks again.