SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
jgibson146
jgibson146 is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 Vue Cruise Control

I have an 08 XR FWD. Took it to PA from Atlanta. Loved the ride and quietness, but the cruise lost speed on every hill then downshifted twice to race the engine to catch the speed back up. It didn't hunt gears, but did loose speed on almost everyhill. I would have thought with 257 hp that it would have held better. BTW it rained a lot and the Rain Sensing wipers were awesome. I like my Nav also, but it locks out a lot of features while moving, yuk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jgibson146's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jgibson146 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jgibson146 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
t-boe
t-boe is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 Vue Cruise Control

That seems to be normal. We just bought a 2008 AWD and took it up in the Big Horn Mountains. With the new 6 speed auto it has a whole lot more gears to choose from to keep the engine in it's sweet spot, which seems to be in the upper rpm range. In hilly areas I just keep it in manual to hold each gear longer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to t-boe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help t-boe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
t-boe is offline   Reply With Quote