SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
kethomps
kethomps is on a distinguished road

Default Spring Cleaning

Got the MMO soak going on right now. Poured the rest in my crankcase. Ran half a pint of SeaFoam thru my intake. Going to put the rest in my gas when I fill up in the morning.

Getting new plug wires in the morning. Pulled one off and the metal connector came out. Wasn't the kind of thing you just put back in.

Pray.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kethomps's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kethomps reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kethomps is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
macbox
macbox will become famous soon enough

1995 SC2
1997 SC2
Default Re: Spring Cleaning

Doesn't sound too bad, as long as you get the new spark plug wires to replace the set that is falling apart you should be good to go. As for the MMO soak, just follow the directions in the How-To section. Remember that you will need to blow any extra oil out through the plug holes before you put the plugs back in, and put a clean rag over the plug holes and close the hood so it doesn't make a mess.

I'm going to check my own soak right now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to macbox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help macbox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
macbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
kethomps
kethomps is on a distinguished road

Well it smoked a lot for a few minutes afterwards. The hesitation is still there however.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kethomps's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kethomps reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kethomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
macbox
macbox will become famous soon enough

1995 SC2
1997 SC2

Hesitation is another matter which means it is lacking air, fuel, and spark in the proper proportion and timing. Give us as much info as you can, Model, year, how many miles, has the ECTS been changed if it is an 01 or older, etc. This will tell us where to start looking. One thing comes to mind, is the EGR valve all carboned up?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to macbox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help macbox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
macbox is offline   Reply With Quote