SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
Triforce
Triforce is on a distinguished road

1992 SL1
Default New to the forum

I figured I would start a thread and introduce myself and give a little details about the Saturn I drive.

The name is Logan.. im 21 years old.. I got my Saturn early 05 as a graduation gift. Its a 1992 Saturn SL1, 5 speed manual transmission. The milage on my car is well.. I don't really know because the Odometer went out at 154,000 (lol). To start my car had several problems... most of which have been taken care of, but the car has been good to me, especially when it comes time to fill it up.

My mechanical knowledge is very low.. I can do basic things like change oil, replace spark plugs, and other minor things of the such.. most of the time I have just taken the car to the shop where people know what they are doing. So don't be surprised to see me around asking questions.. hopefully I will learn enough to be able to tackle more serious tasks.

Anyway.. feel free to send me messages and chat.. I enjoy conversation..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Triforce's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Triforce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Triforce is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
hit_n_run
hit_n_run is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New to the forum

Saturn S-series are the easiest cars in the world to work on. You'll do fine. Just ask all the questions you need to.

Also, welcome.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hit_n_run's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hit_n_run reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hit_n_run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Triforce

1992 SL1

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Triforce reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
Superdave99709
Superdave99709 is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce View Post
I figured I would start a thread and introduce myself and give a little details about the Saturn I drive.

The name is Logan.. im 21 years old.. I got my Saturn early 05 as a graduation gift. Its a 1992 Saturn SL1, 5 speed manual transmission. The milage on my car is well.. I don't really know because the Odometer went out at 154,000 (lol). To start my car had several problems... most of which have been taken care of, but the car has been good to me, especially when it comes time to fill it up.

My mechanical knowledge is very low.. I can do basic things like change oil, replace spark plugs, and other minor things of the such.. most of the time I have just taken the car to the shop where people know what they are doing. So don't be surprised to see me around asking questions.. hopefully I will learn enough to be able to tackle more serious tasks.

Anyway.. feel free to send me messages and chat.. I enjoy conversation..
welcome to the forum

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Superdave99709's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Superdave99709 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Superdave99709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

If you can change plugs and oil yourself, with the help of this forum you can do the majority of work you'll need to do on your car.

Most things are as simple as those two jobs, but just involve things you might not be comfortable with until you do them. Usually it's take a part off, put a new or repaired one back on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
Triforce

1992 SL1

On another note... Just looked at another Saturn..

I've been wanting to get a newer car so I thought since the first one was good... go for another. Found a 1999 SL2 close enough to make a day trip to check it out and test drive it.. I just hope the jerk doesn't sell it before I can get off work and get up there... hopefully the standard shift will scare buyers away...

I thought about doing the SOHC and the DOHC swap I read about..... but I figured I would end up spending more money getting the engine and having it put in than if I just got a car that already had it in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
rc1488
Master Member
rc1488 has a spectacular aura aboutrc1488 has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
1995 SC2

Welcome!
As always with new members we suggest you change your Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor. This sensor is vital to many systems of the car. Your car has two sensors you need to replace the one with the two wire-connector. Directions in the how-to library along with this video should make it a 5 min job at the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC0U53w_Htk
video provided by Richpin

While your looking at the '99 heres a list of things to check out so you dont have to make the trip twice (tho i recommened look at the car at least 2 times before you buy it especially if your not mechanically inclined)

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114726

Keep up on your oil and oil changes along with routine maintenance and your car will be very happy which will make you very happy

Current: 95 SC2 Man 97 SL2 Auto 98 SL1 Auto 01 SL1 Man 02 SL1 Man
Past: 94 SL2 Man 95 SL2 Man 95 SL2 Man 96 SL2 Auto 97 SL2 Man 98 SL2 Auto 99 SL2 Auto
2010 SCCA Mohud Street Championship-2nd Place

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rc1488's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rc1488 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rc1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
Triforce

1992 SL1

Thanks for the heads up on the sensor.. thats a cake fix.

edit: And I will take that list with me... though when I go to look at this I will probably be crawling underneath it and looking at the suspension parts and exhaust...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!