SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2020, 06:00 PM   #1
Bo Markham
Bo Markham is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Interesting Problem

Hi all,

My 06 2.2L 5 spd. Vue has developed an unusual problem. When I refuel and close the gas cap. The car doesn't want to start. After several attempts at starting, with no success, I have to hold the accelerator pedal to the floor. The car will then start, but run really rough for a few seconds then straighten out and run fine. Will not give me any problems until I again stop to refuel. Same thing happens. This has happened twice, now.

No engine check light, or any other indication of a problem. Nothing?????

Anybody have this happen to them?

Any ideas?

Bo

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bo Markham's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bo Markham reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bo Markham is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
bluesl2
bluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Interesting Problem

It sounds like your evap canister purge solenoid may be stuck open. If it sticks open, fuel vapors will go into the intake manifold creating a temporarily rich condition. If it only happens after fueling the car, that's most likely what it is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bluesl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bluesl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bluesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:39 PM   #3
Bo Markham
Bo Markham is on a distinguished road

Is there a procedure for testing this? I'd really hate to start replacing stuff without knowing for sure. Kinda gets expensive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bo Markham's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bo Markham reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bo Markham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #4
bluesl2
bluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of light

It's in the engine compartment, it's exact location escapes me right now. Look for a solenoid with one electrical connector with two wires going into it and two vacuum hoses hooked to it. One vacuum hose goes back to the back of the vehicle and the other goes to the intake manifold or an intake vacuum source. Disconnect the one going to the back of the vehicle and start the engine. Use your finger/thumb and put it on the fitting on the purge solenoid where you disconnected the hose from. You should not feel vacuum there, if you do the valve is stuck open or the diaphragm is ruptured.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bluesl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bluesl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bluesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #5
Bruce Rock
Bruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the roughBruce Rock is a jewel in the rough

2000 SL2
2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesl2 View Post
It's in the engine compartment, it's exact location escapes me right now. Look for a solenoid with one electrical connector with two wires going into it and two vacuum hoses hooked to it. One vacuum hose goes back to the back of the vehicle and the other goes to the intake manifold or an intake vacuum source. Disconnect the one going to the back of the vehicle and start the engine. Use your finger/thumb and put it on the fitting on the purge solenoid where you disconnected the hose from. You should not feel vacuum there, if you do the valve is stuck open or the diaphragm is ruptured.
It's on the output (drivers side) of the engine. Easy to get to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E309UVBopY

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce Rock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce Rock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce Rock is offline   Reply With Quote