SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
GA_AuraOwner
GA_AuraOwner is on a distinguished road

Default Should I get my Aura fixed or look for a new car?

Hi, I have a 2007 Aura XE with 122,753 miles on it. Last August I had to get a new steering pump, then a new rack and pinion in November, a new steering pressure line hose in December, and then I just had to get the oil filter housing and oil pan replaced/fixed due to them leaking. So in the last 10 months I've had to get just over $2,000 in repairs on the car. When it was looked at in March the mechanics also said that the water pump is leaking and will need to be replaced, and that I need new shocks and struts. This would be around another $1,500 to $2,000 in repairs. I've already had the water pump replaced once after the first one failed.

My concern is that I will get the repairs done and I will still continue to have issues. A friend who works on cars says that it looks like there is an issue with the A/C components and that that could go out soon. Would it be better to just go out and get a used Honda or Toyota than hope that the Saturn doesn't have any major issues after putting in repairs for more than double what it's worth?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GA_AuraOwner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GA_AuraOwner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GA_AuraOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links