SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
djsmoove
djsmoove is on a distinguished road

2000 SC2
Default 97 sc2 non 3 dr coup vs 00 sc2 3dr coup

was at the upullit yard today and seen this 97 sc2 with perfect hood and bumper with damn there new lights all glawsy... i need the hood due to a wreck i was in and this shade trr guy put the sedan hood on with a sc2 3dr coup body... dont laugh lol was a 1000 dollars to fix but still his crack headded tail messed the car up with that hood.. anyhow i seen that today and wanted ot know if that hood compatable with my sc2 2000 they look the same but the color is red and mine is blue. may i have some info. i looked at the lights and brackets and they are bolted on in the same place as mine.. help me out cause if so the guy said he would let me take what ever i wanted off the car for only 50 bucks... cause i told him what happen and who the guy was and he said he knows him and what would ya know its his brother lol.. so thats whu he said he would give me anything off the car for only 50.00 if so... im going for the headliner., seats, lights and fixtures and hood bumper too... all for 50 thats if it is compatible with mine lol... thank for the help

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djsmoove's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djsmoove reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Redhotftw!
Advanced Member
Redhotftw! will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 97 sc2 non 3 dr coup vs 00 sc2 3dr coup

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsmoove View Post
was at the upullit yard today and seen this 97 sc2 with perfect hood and bumper with damn there new lights all glawsy... i need the hood due to a wreck i was in and this shade trr guy put the sedan hood on with a sc2 3dr coup body... dont laugh lol was a 1000 dollars to fix but still his crack headded tail messed the car up with that hood.. anyhow i seen that today and wanted ot know if that hood compatable with my sc2 2000 they look the same but the color is red and mine is blue. may i have some info. i looked at the lights and brackets and they are bolted on in the same place as mine.. help me out cause if so the guy said he would let me take what ever i wanted off the car for only 50 bucks... cause i told him what happen and who the guy was and he said he knows him and what would ya know its his brother lol.. so thats whu he said he would give me anything off the car for only 50.00 if so... im going for the headliner., seats, lights and fixtures and hood bumper too... all for 50 thats if it is compatible with mine lol... thank for the help
head liner, no (because of the 3rd door) you could proabaly make it work though.
seats, yes
hood, yes (you will have a funny gap haning over the headlights though.
headlights, yes (need the brackets that bolt to the car too)
bumper, no (not even close)

1998 "Red Hot" Sc2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Redhotftw!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Redhotftw! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Redhotftw! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

hey, isn't it possible to rebuild the headliner anyway? or since when did common fender benders (or other benders like bumpers) take out headliners

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
djsmoove

2000 SC2

thanks red... what type of gap is the hood a dew inches different... there is already a funny gap with the sedan hood on the car... i know just by looks u cant tell but it looks identical... right now the hood on my car is str8 in the dront when its suppose to be curvy ..lights i see.. and also the 4rd door i didnt think about the lining above that... im on my way now to get the lights tho... what about the wheel well black coating will that fit/ i need the passanger side under front of the car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help djsmoove reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
swansong
swansong is on a distinguished road

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotftw! View Post
head liner, no (because of the 3rd door) you could proabaly make it work though.
seats, yes
hood, yes (you will have a funny gap haning over the headlights though.
headlights, yes (need the brackets that bolt to the car too)
bumper, no (not even close)
Every body panel should match right? Both are Gen-2 (97-2000) as far as the exterior goes.

I like 2000 SC's because they have the Gen-2 exterior, with the Gen-3 interior.

Mine - 2002 Ford Focus SVT, 127k, Sonic Blue
Was mine - 2002 SL1, Auto, Cranberry, bought at a neglected 110k, sold at 125k
Wife's - 2000 SC2, Auto, 116k, Red, bought at a pampered 57k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swansong's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swansong reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
swansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
djsmoove

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
hey, isn't it possible to rebuild the headliner anyway? or since when did common fender benders (or other benders like bumpers) take out headliners
the headliner in my car is sagging.. thats the only reason asking about that... also i would like the brand new one that was in the car... i mean crisp clean..... sunroof hole and all.. just not the 3rd door

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
djsmoove

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
Every body panel should match right? Both are Gen-2 (97-2000) as far as the exterior goes.

i kinda figured that.. so that explains why i cant do the home programming with the hey cause of the gen 3 insides/ i dont have the hole for 4 and 8 they are empty

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
i kinda figured that.. so that explains why i cant do the home programming with the hey cause of the gen 3 insides/ i dont have the hole for 4 and 8 they are empty
Yep. All controlled by the BCM so instead you gotta get new fobs at the dealer and deal with the SECURITY light every now and then...

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
djsmoove

2000 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
Yep. All controlled by the BCM so instead you gotta get new fobs at the dealer and deal with the SECURITY light every now and then...
security lights? eeek... does this mean since i have lost the programming in the control i got with the car i have to find a dealer or someone that is a specialty in this area for the saturn remote? will it effect anything if i dont worry about it and get another one installed? i have a friend that gets a 75% discount at this car stereo place and i can get one for like 48 bucks installed?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
swansong
swansong is on a distinguished road

2000 SC2

Security light just has to do with Saturn's security feature on Gen-3 cars with power locks. The owner's manual explains this feature in depth.

To get a new (working) key fob, find one on ebay (got mine new for 9 bucks shipped) and find a GM dealer that doesn't charge an outrageous fee for the 30 seconds of labor it requires. I think I paid $25 for a re-programming.

Mine - 2002 Ford Focus SVT, 127k, Sonic Blue
Was mine - 2002 SL1, Auto, Cranberry, bought at a neglected 110k, sold at 125k
Wife's - 2000 SC2, Auto, 116k, Red, bought at a pampered 57k

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swansong's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swansong reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
swansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #11
Redhotftw!
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post

Fail on my part.
I read 2001.

the 2000 will fit the 97 bumper.

let me fix my list

1998 "Red Hot" Sc2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Redhotftw! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
Redhotftw!
Advanced Member

Quote:
seats, yes
hood, yes
headlights, yes
bumper, yes
fixed my own list

1998 "Red Hot" Sc2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #13
djsmoove

2000 SC2

Quote:
fixed my own list
thanks bro!!

50 uicks for cloth seats like new no stains, hood no scratches or dints.. bright red tho.. bumper a few scratches nothing but sanding and paint job will cover... man i think i will have a multi colored car red and blue lol.. but back to the normal sc2 not what i currently have sc2 coup-dan coup with a dang sedan hood lil.. plus the lights i tell u they look brand new... i mean brand new... the car is in good shape as for body and insides.. when i open the door. it had an armoral smell inside... it was sealed except for the sunroof popped up about half an inch. i asked the man there for some ducktape and plastic.. to tape it closed.. i will be there saturday to get the rest... i wanna load pics of my car but i know i will get clowned on with what it looks like but i will in a few weeks once im ready to switch... also getting that valve body monday... well purchasing it and it will be shipped from the king now im gonna search the forum for the part number of the input shaft nut... if anyone has it on hand pm me... thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #14
Redhotftw!
Advanced Member

Quote:
thanks bro!!

50 uicks for cloth seats like new no stains, hood no scratches or dints.. bright red tho.. bumper a few scratches nothing but sanding and paint job will cover... man i think i will have a multi colored car red and blue lol.. but back to the normal sc2 not what i currently have sc2 coup-dan coup with a dang sedan hood lil.. plus the lights i tell u they look brand new... i mean brand new... the car is in good shape as for body and insides.. when i open the door. it had an armoral smell inside... it was sealed except for the sunroof popped up about half an inch. i asked the man there for some ducktape and plastic.. to tape it closed.. i will be there saturday to get the rest... i wanna load pics of my car but i know i will get clowned on with what it looks like but i will in a few weeks once im ready to switch... also getting that valve body monday... well purchasing it and it will be shipped from the king now im gonna search the forum for the part number of the input shaft nut... if anyone has it on hand pm me... thanks

Damn. Too bad your not closer to Daytona. I need a red hood in good shape. I would have given you cash plus mine. My clear faded and I dont want to repaint it. Its flawless otherwise.

1998 "Red Hot" Sc2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!