SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
ChuckTheGreat
ChuckTheGreat is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
2001 SC2
Default Saturn VUE returns (sort of)

Chevy will be bringing their version of the VUE to the states. It will only be available to fleet customers (rental car agencies) so there should be some on the used car market before long. If you wanted a VUE, this may be your chance.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/11/s...-announced-fo/

"If you are gonna lose, lose big, lose early and get the subs in."

www.buysubaruaccessories.com

www.buymazdaaccessories.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChuckTheGreat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChuckTheGreat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChuckTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Saturn VUE returns (sort of)

now that is pretty sad.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

I love how they strike-through all the VUE or Saturn VUE things... I also love how it's only gonna be automatic.. yeah right

whatever, it better be column mounted. Fat chance though.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
I love how they strike-through all the VUE or Saturn VUE things... I also love how it's only gonna be automatic.. yeah right

whatever, it better be column mounted. Fat chance though.
It won't be any different than the VUE was.

Traditional column mount automatics are all but dead... you are a rare person that you want one.

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OhioVueBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioVueBoy View Post
It won't be any different than the VUE was.

Traditional column mount automatics are all but dead... you are a rare person that you want one.
I'm a different kind of guy, you see.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

why is chevy so into coming out with new cars for fleets only. that makes two this year this and the new caprice are for fleets only.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

This is pretty pathetic. Chevrolet has a ton of fleet sales already, so what is a few more? By going fleet only, they won't have to answer the pundits when the sales are low as fleets will buy them just to be able to rent a sport utility & charge more than they do for a sedan. Also,people who rent cars don't fill out a JD Powers survey either.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
john95SW2
Advanced Member
john95SW2 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
This is pretty pathetic. Chevrolet has a ton of fleet sales already, so what is a few more? By going fleet only, they won't have to answer the pundits when the sales are low as fleets will buy them just to be able to rent a sport utility & charge more than they do for a sedan. Also,people who rent cars don't fill out a JD Powers survey either.
You make very valid points...But I'm not sure that its pathetic as reading between the lines it tells me that:

- There is great interest in the fleet market for a Equinox/Terrain/Vue sized CUV.

- The plant building the Equinox is already maxed out with non-fleet sales which generate more profit than fleet sales.

- The tooling for the Vue is already in place at the plant in Mexico so they just have to build them and send them north.

As a Saturn fan and Vue owner I'm bummed but I think its a good business move provided that the fleets will accept them instead of the Equinox. And in a couple of years they'll be sold to the public through the used market.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john95SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john95SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
piney
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john95SW2 View Post
As a Saturn fan and Vue owner I'm bummed but I think its a good business move provided that the fleets will accept them instead of the Equinox. And in a couple of years they'll be sold to the public through the used market.
Living in the land of rental fleets, it is amazing to see what gets dumped into fleets. Am in a rental right now and it started off with an Altima Hybrid and am now in a Impala LT, both loaded. The fleets now have a ton of Honda Civics, Toyota Camry, Nissans of all types and just an utter slew of Chevrolet products. Ten years ago, you'd have never seen a Nissan or Honda in a rental fleet. One of my neighbors works for Uncle Sam and has a Redline VUE right now, another fleet special to the nation's 3rd largest fleet.

In a few years, these ex-VUEs will wind up in some swell demographic's neighborhood, somewhere with a 250 beacon score and Judge Judy on the TV. This will surely help bolster the values of the VUEs...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #10
john95SW2
Advanced Member
john95SW2 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by piney View Post
Living in the land of rental fleets, it is amazing to see what gets dumped into fleets. Am in a rental right now and it started off with an Altima Hybrid and am now in a Impala LT, both loaded. The fleets now have a ton of Honda Civics, Toyota Camry, Nissans of all types and just an utter slew of Chevrolet products. Ten years ago, you'd have never seen a Nissan or Honda in a rental fleet. One of my neighbors works for Uncle Sam and has a Redline VUE right now, another fleet special to the nation's 3rd largest fleet.

In a few years, these ex-VUEs will wind up in some swell demographic's neighborhood, somewhere with a 250 beacon score and Judge Judy on the TV. This will surely help bolster the values of the VUEs...
I've never seen a rental Civic (not that I rent cars very often so I'm not an expert)...interesting. I wonder if the rental companies figured a rental Honda would be more enticing than a rental Chevy or if Honda made them a deal that was so good that they couldn't pass it up?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to john95SW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help john95SW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
john95SW2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
piney
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john95SW2 View Post
I've never seen a rental Civic (not that I rent cars very often so I'm not an expert)...interesting. I wonder if the rental companies figured a rental Honda would be more enticing than a rental Chevy or if Honda made them a deal that was so good that they couldn't pass it up?
These are basic Civic LX models, I'd imagine that they residualize really well and are hard to destroy. Easy money makers for the rental places. I'd prefer a Civic rental over the Cobalt junk they used to rent. I see a lot of the new Cruz in the rental fleets here as well. Haven't seen one without the bar code stickers on it yet.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

In fairness, the VUE makes a respectable fleet-only Chevy, no worse off than the '04-'05 Classic sedans. This would never have been successful wearing Buick's chromed Tri-Shield logo.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Trilo_g
Trilo_g is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

The upside for those of us who own second generation Vues is that parts will remain available for a while longer.

I don't see why people are so upset about this- I think it's smart on GM's part to utilize an existing platform and tooling. It's making best use of their resources.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Trilo_g's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Trilo_g reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Trilo_g is offline   Reply With Quote