SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
kornholyo_1968
kornholyo_1968 is on a distinguished road

Default Extended Warranty

As I mentioned before I recently bought a used 2006 Saturn Vue 2.2L, unfortunately it only comes with a 3 month warranty, Does anyone here use an extended warranty? what company do you use? How are your experiences with it so far? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kornholyo_1968's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kornholyo_1968 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kornholyo_1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Extended Warranty

factory or none. gmpp or ssp. no others can match. aftermarkets are way to likly to try get out of paying

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

I have to agree...if you're going to get an extended warranty then it may be safest to get one directly from the manufacturer....or make sure you research any other plan completely and ask every possible question that you can (make sure answers are clearly answered in the contract....they may not be verbally honest about the details). My experience with a non-manufacturer extended warranty wasn't great....they would not cover a repair because I did not have proof of services done before I bought the used car....this was not included verbatim in the contract. I've had the Saturn Car Care Plan on both my 04 Ion and currently on my 08 Vue...and I haven't had any problems...fo course, the Vue hasn't had any real problems so the only use of the plan so far is the scheduled maintanence.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
David Grigor
David Grigor is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
1995 SW2

We got an extended warranty in 2003 for a Mazda Van. It sounded like a no loose situation becuase if at the end you never had a claim, you get your money back with interest. Well after 70,000 and no claims went to get my money and was told you have to wait until the time expires ( 8 years in my case ) regardless of miles. Well, just got the notice the other day with two more years left to wait..............Bankrupt. So there goes the money back w/ interest.

So I totally agree, manufacturer warranty or don't do it....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David Grigor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David Grigor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
David Grigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Bismarck318
Bismarck318 is on a distinguished road

Location: Birthplace of Rust, FKA The Heart of the Rustbelt, AKA The Angry White Planet Ohth

2006 VUE 3.5L

I'm currently being besieged by these aftermarket warrantiy companies, the ex got one a few years back on her Tracker, ... true they will try to get out of paying. The fine print on her's says it will only cover $40/hr labor, work must be performed at a dealer (at a rate of $100/hr). If the parts are not completely shot they will not fix it.... if they are, they claim, normal wear & tear.

My vehicle was sold as GM certified, I'm curious who backs them?? GM or the selling dealer, as they are trying to get out of aknowledging problems, or fixing anything too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bismarck318's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bismarck318 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bismarck318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

if it is really gm certified the warranty is backed buy gm/saturn and the government. think youre safe there. dealership do not warranty cars only do the work

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

I had bought an extended 3/36 on my 93 Cavalier. Stupid me didn't read the fine print. They covered useless stuff like the ashtray and seat tracks. NOthing that I really cared about like major parts of the engine. They covered gaskets but not the labor to replace them. My '96 Cutlass had a better extendedof 4/48 but that's because I read the fine print before signing. And now, I have another extended on the VUE. It's a Nissan extended but it covers just about everything with a $100 deductable. And I can take it anywhere to get fixed. It's also a 4/48 and I have 30k when I bought it.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

so many good reason not to buy an aftermarket warr

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
YourMainParadox
Advanced Member
YourMainParadox is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

im sure there are good aftermarket warranty plans out there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YourMainParadox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YourMainParadox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
YourMainParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #10
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

im sure that there are good ones by why not get the real thing?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
YourMainParadox
Advanced Member
YourMainParadox is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

real thing is not always an option like my 04 vue with 60k miles :P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YourMainParadox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YourMainParadox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
YourMainParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

true...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
saturn of cary -Jill
saturn of cary -Jill is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Here you go;
http://www.gmprotectionplan.com/

I think they can warranty an '04 with 60K. Check it out.
Cheers,
Jill

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturn of cary -Jill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturn of cary -Jill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturn of cary -Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #14
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

gmpp cant warranty an 04 with 60k unless they just purchased the car from the dealer. no walkins

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
chillin05VUE
chillin05VUE is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

Has anyone ever tried this company? http://www.usfidelis.com/ I see them on tv all the time but never called. Our '99 Altima has 80k on it and this company says that if your car is less then 15yo and under 200K, you can buy an extended warranty.

"Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

2005 VUE V6 AWD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chillin05VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chillin05VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chillin05VUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
kae
kae is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2004 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillin05VUE View Post
Has anyone ever tried this company? http://www.usfidelis.com/ I see them on tv all the time but never called. Our '99 Altima has 80k on it and this company says that if your car is less then 15yo and under 200K, you can buy an extended warranty.
My brother in-law had them on his Altima, but he had a lot of trouble with them....they denied claims (once because he got the oil changed past 3k miles...it had been 3,052 miles or something like that). He got it because a co-worker told him they had good experiences with them...so I guess it really just depends. His experience may have just been a bad fluke. Check the Better Business Bureau record for them and see if that gives you any info...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kae's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kae reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kae is offline   Reply With Quote